Panorama tonight

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:32 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:34 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Two LFC representatives said they would be interested and that was all!

One was Pako Herrera thats left and gone back to Spain and Frank Mcparland.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:39 pm

The documentary also shows Chelsea's director of youth football, Frank Arnesen, secretly filmed making a illegal approach or "tapping up" Middlesbrough's England youth star 15-year-old Nathan Porritt.

Last year, Chelsea were fined £500,000 by Premiership bosses, the Premier League, for "tapping up" Ashley Cole from rivals Arsenal.

Chelsea have been warned they would be docked three Premiership points if they were ever caught at it again.

Middlesbrough have confirmed that they did not give permission for the approach.

Chelsea have denied that the filmed meeting broke any industry rules.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:45 pm

sh.it meself when we were mentioned, it wasnt nothing serious in our case though was it, i was suprised to see pako there though, we were just offered the player and said something about when he turns pro like age 17 or something that we might be interested...is that what i heard or what i wanted to hear :D my a'rse was twitchin though :D the agent offered us the player though, we didnt approach the agent or player so we should be sound, i think.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:48 pm

They are saying on Five Live that Chelsea could be docked 3 points because they already have it hanging over them.  :cool:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:57 pm

and they've got them two leeds kids that they nicked to answer for aswell, ken bates reported them to FIFA, wether anything will come of that am not sure, relegate the funkers :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:08 pm

PREMIER LEAGUE STATEMENT
The FA Premier League has issued a statement in response to the allegations made in the BBC programme Panorama's investigation into irregular payments within football.

"The Premier League takes all allegations of this nature seriously, which is why we launched an inquiry into alleged irregular payments in transfers back in January of this year.

"As we have made clear any evidence from any source is welcomed. Indeed when the BBC initially approached us regarding Panorama’s findings we requested they be submitted to Lord Stevens for investigation.

"We hope now the BBC has had the opportunity to broadcast that their documentary evidence and filming will be made available to Lord Stevens and his team.

"There are allegations concerning other potential breaches of industry rules in the programme that fall outside the terms of reference of Lord Stevens’ Inquiry.

"Again we request the BBC pass on their evidence in order that The FA and ourselves can examine all aspects of these allegations in order to determine the most appropriate course of action that each body should take."
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:17 pm

I hope that for once the FA doesn't live up to it's other name of (Fuck All) and actually does something this time. If managers, teams and agents are proven to be guilty of taking bungs then they MUST have the book thrown at them.

And if cheat$ki are involved throw the whole friggin encyclopaedia britannica at them. Tw@ts.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:21 pm

sam could be in real trouble over this,  his son  talk about a younger version of sam  :laugh: 

what really worries me is that our coaching staff knew knut  ???   

panorama even put us in the same picture with chelski  :angry:   

who knows what will happen...look forward to hearing from the fa over this... 

when they said of us britain,s most sucsessful club !!! 

hearing that is the dog boll0cks   :buttrock

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:26 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:And if cheat$ki are involved throw the whole friggin encyclopaedia britannica at them. Tw@ts.

:D   :bowdown   :buttrock
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:24 am

For me, the programme was a complete anti-climax.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tommycockles » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:40 pm

stmichael wrote:For me, the programme was a complete anti-climax.

yep - have to agree- but in some ways i'm glad that it was as the last thing we need is our league being torn apart like the Italian Serie A.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:00 pm

The clip of us was laughable - an agent travels all the way up to the academy to ask if we'd be interested in a player. We say yes - big deal! We never mentioned any figures (if we did they'd defo have shown it) or anything sinister, just that we'd like to have the player at the academy.

If we did everything by the exact rules, then we'd have a team full of :censored: players, that's a fact.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dimshen » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:10 pm

If i was allardyce i would be pis*ed! Not much in the way of hard evidance, and he was quite oviously being singled out, the jouro was milking the small amount of info he had to make a hour long show. alarmist to say the least.
Dimshen

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:13 pm

Dimshen wrote:If i was allardyce i would be pis*ed!

in all fairness, you'd have to be pi$$ed to take away the pain and embarassment of being sam allardyce. :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum