Panorama last night - Scientology nutcases

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue May 15, 2007 2:17 pm

Did anyone see that Panorama documentary last night on Scientology. I always thought they we're fruitcakes but this has shown that they are absolute nut jobs! Seriously dangerous CULT!

John Sweeney (BBC News reporter) made comments highly critical of Scientology and its teachings, and further reported that since beginning an extensive investigation he had been harrassed, surveilled, and investigated by strangers. Sweeney wrote, "I have been shouted at, spied on, had my hotel invaded at midnight, denounced as a "bigot" by star Scientologists, brain-washed...and chased round the streets of Los Angeles by sinister strangers. Back in Britain strangers have called on my neighbours, my mother-in-law's house and someone spied on my wedding and fled the moment he was challenged."

In another passage, "He [Scientology representative Tommy Davis] harangued me for talking to...heretics. I told him that Scientology had been spying on the BBC and that was creepy."

And in another passage, "In LA, the moment our hire car left the airport we realised we were being followed by two cars. In our hotel a weird stranger spent every breakfast listening to us."

All because he was making a documentary that showed Scientology to be the scam it really is!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 15, 2007 2:28 pm

forget panorama, this is all you need to know about scientology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAmEO-oLHzA

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 15, 2007 2:31 pm

Didnt see it mate. :D

But I have watched something similar before involving certain cults. In America of course where else !

I cant remember the name of the cult, but this cult was of enormous size in terms of followers. The leader is wanted by the FBI, for crimes of fraud etc. They have never got this bloke, I dont even know if they know what he looks like. He's a millionaire by all accounts and has conned thousands of people. In various country towns around the USA the WHOLE town  are his followers. People from outside i.e reporters are followed around town by cars, intimidating them out of town. If the reporter starts asking to many questions he's ran out of town.
This bloke had such a hold over the people that he could have sex with ANY woman he pleased, even if she was married. The husband had no say, infact I'm not sure if the husbands were allowed sex with hteir wives unless the guy said so. He was able to fling from town to town before the FBI could get near him.
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 15, 2007 2:39 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Didnt see it mate. :D

But I have watched something similar before involving certain cults. In America of course where else !

I cant remember the name of the cult, but this cult was of enormous size in terms of followers. The leader is wanted by the FBI, for crimes of fraud etc. They have never got this bloke, I dont even know if they know what he looks like. He's a millionaire by all accounts and has conned thousands of people. In various country towns around the USA the WHOLE town  are his followers. People from outside i.e reporters are followed around town by cars, intimidating them out of town. If the reporter starts asking to many questions he's ran out of town.
This bloke had such a hold over the people that he could have sex with ANY woman he pleased, even if she was married. The husband had no say, infact I'm not sure if the husbands were allowed sex with hteir wives unless the guy said so. He was able to fling from town to town before the FBI could get near him.

Does he need an assistant Bamaga ?  :D
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 15, 2007 2:41 pm

s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Didnt see it mate. :D

Does he need an assistant Bamaga ?  :D

He might, I've got his number I'll PM it to ya.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:14 pm

I watched it last night aswell.

Only these strange cults could happen in America, this is just one of many extreme 'religions' in America. The fundamentalist Christians are just as bad if not worse.

If I was John Sweeney I would have nutted that pri.ck in the face, then bought a baseball bat and smashed in all the windows of the cars that were following him and his crew around.

They're a bunch of weirdos, they try and appear like a plausible religion but they spy on people and conjure up lies implying how the BBC sent terrorist threats to them.

I just hope none of these strange cults arrive on our shores anytime soon.
LFC2007

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue May 15, 2007 3:37 pm

Last year i read an article in The Times about Scientology. It was a real eye opener on what i had thought was quite a well thought out and harmless religion. I don't remember the specificts, but the article talked about the cults founder and how he believed in some evil alien war lord who billions of years ago took other aliens hostage brought them to earth and then blew them up releasing their spirits which then went into other living things. ???

There was me thinking it was similar to Bhudism. :D

Also yesterday i happened to be listening to radio 5 and they were talking about what had happened on Panorama and the spoke to an ex scientologist. He basically said that they are very paranoid about the media and they have made their own team to counter the media. He said these people like the spokeman last night are trained to keep very calm and just basically wind journo's up. I bet Tom cruise will be paying him a nice little bonus this year.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 15, 2007 5:21 pm

I clicked on the website once and next day I got a knock on the door - I looked out the peep hole but couldn't see anyone but the knocking continued so I opened the door thinking a child was collecting for halloween, you can imagine my shock when I opened the door and saw little Tom Cruise there. He follows me around all the time now tugging at my trousers, sometimes I get home and see footprints on my sofa from where he has been jumping up and down for joy (at getting a new member). The intruder also steals all my medication (well hang over cures). :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue May 15, 2007 5:35 pm

F*cking loonies.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 15, 2007 5:36 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I just hope none of these strange cults arrive on our shores anytime soon.

Scientology has been active in the uk for years and years . Their European HQ is in East Grinstead.

Anyone know what happend to that mob you used to see (well in London anyway)every day. They all wore clothes dyed various shades of the sun (sunset) from bright yellow to deep red ,thats all they were allowed to wear. Used to see them all the time now they seem to have disappeared, same as the Hari Krishna nutters .

Maybe the Goths got them all .     :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:00 pm

Maybe it was the Jehova's Witness' (WHO SAID THAT! - COME ON!)

or the Moomins with their extendable Combs and crisply ironed Shirts who ran em off the face of the Earth.  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:01 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I just hope none of these strange cults arrive on our shores anytime soon.

Scientology has been active in the uk for years and years . Their European HQ is in East Grinstead.

They are not considered a Religion in the U.K. or in most of Europe, What I meant to say was, I hope they don't develop and grow in Britain like they have done in America where cults are the norm and much. more common
LFC2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed May 16, 2007 12:15 am

Manhattan saw it. The reporter lost his rag. Shame, but understandable.

Manhattan would have simply remained silent and let the "spokesman" for Hubbardology talk himself into embarassment.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 16, 2007 1:34 am

Whats more disturbing is the people who believe in this :censored:. I wish I was the reporter id have lamped that guy big time, heres my religion, its called REALISM I dont have more money than sense (although I do wish it was the opposite!)
I saw the documentary and couldnt believe the :censored: Tommy Davis was coming out with. However as long as people with a brain the size of a peanut believe this rubbish its going to continue.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 16, 2007 1:34 am

I aint swearing in my thread im putting the word C.RAP !!
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum