Newkit fatbusters 2008 - Who's on a diet?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:19 am

Phil, 171 isn't terribly heavy. How tall are you? I'm about 173 and I'm fairly slim. I'm built fairly well as my chest comes out further than my stomach does, so I take that as a sign of a good thing. Still, I'd like to get rid of about half a stone as I reckon half a stone of my weight is fat.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:29 am

hi gents

sorry for my lateness i did weigh at the right time but didn't put it on

i lost another 2lb last week that 11 in total now so really getting there??

well done phil that's good going

burjennio don't give up you can have a bad week but that doesn't mean you have to give it all up, get back on it and start again

i've had bad days where i just think sod it but give yourself a treat and move on

i find weekends the hardest time ( that's probably why i needed to go on this diet in the first place ha! ) sat night is takeaway night always has been very hard to break so i just treat that as my weekly treat :D

anyway guys keep it up and bring on the fruit and veg :p
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:34 am

diet is just Die with a T.................Garfield the cat   enough said
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:36 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Phil, 171 isn't terribly heavy. How tall are you? I'm about 173 and I'm fairly slim. I'm built fairly well as my chest comes out further than my stomach does, so I take that as a sign of a good thing. Still, I'd like to get rid of about half a stone as I reckon half a stone of my weight is fat.

I wondered when someone was gonna get to this..

I'm 5ft 5... believe me that the 12 st mark is fat for a person of my height.  I would say that not long back I was 175 lbs.  My Levi's are starting to hang off my waist now... it feels good.

I would say that you are about 5ft10 if you're "fairly slim".

Age comes into the reckoning though - I'm 46 another half a stone lost and I will be the weight I was in my early 30's, below 11 stone (say 10st 10) I will be the weight I was in my mid 20's... that will do me.
PhiLFC

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:28 pm

when i was in my early 20's i was a very large large large person ( due to giving up rugby and not doing very much, lazy git basically ) but i got back in to playing again in my mid 20's and lost 10 stone!! that ment i got down to what i was when i was at school so was very happy

i like to try and stay at about that weight but just before xmas i got injured and what with xmas and the forced break i put on about 10lb i have got that back off now and i'm working on losing a bit more every little helps and as i'm back in training now that is helping as well ( i'm still a big bloke don't get me wrong but i don't think i will ever be small )

god knows what i will be like when i finish playing :D :D

i think your doing really well phil, to get back to what you were years ago is always a big boost
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm also on a diet since 1st January. I'm six foot and weighed sixteen and a half stone at Xmas, down to about 16 now but am hoping the serious weight will start coming off over the next three months. I've a fairly big build so I can "get away" with being around fifteen stone and not look fat but my target weight is about 14.

Its hard going as I've made some major changes in my diet: I no longer eat any processed food and eat in less quantities. I have also cut most sugars out of my diet and eat a lot of oat based cereals as they release energy slowly and thus you don't feel hungry all the time.

I've also increased exercise and I aim to ramp this up a lot over the spring as I am entering a marathon in October.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:26 am

fair shout jbg

that's a good start, i tend to do the same on cereal front i think it sets you up for the morning

well done on the marathon run mate is is a full one or half, i keep telling my wife i'm going to do a local half marathon but i never get round to doing it

good luck for that and keep it up
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Can't manage more than a cuppla miles of jogging... absolutely kills my hips n joints.  Hopefully when I lose a bit more weight it will get a bit easier... I think cycling may be the way forward as it doesn't hurt me... bit of an old cnut really.
PhiLFC

Postby PhiLFC » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:53 pm

171 starting weight
170 wk 1
168 wk 2
167 wk 3
166 wk 4
165 wk 5
163 wk 6

Another 2 lbs lost - jumped over the 7 lbs milestone... an excellent week.  Next is 161 lbs (11 n half stone)
PhiLFC

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:39 pm

hi guys

not a bad week another 2lb down that's 13 in total wanted to get to the full stone but just short oh well will just have to wait till next week

still going well at the moment i can't go running at the mo either due to ANOTHER injury ( yes i know glass boy ) will be trying to get up the swimming pool

phil if you having problems running go for a swim it's low impact so ideal for us oldes :p
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm about 6ft 3 and a week ago was 203 lbs (not tubby but just carrying a bit ), now down to 198lbs.

Biggest thing - big bowl of porridge with skimmed milk for breakfast, no chocalate bar at lunch, buy an apple/banana to munch at about 4pm. brown rice,chicken,low fat sauce,mushrooms,peppers for dinnners.

Never hungry , just eat good foods.

started jogging - 20 mins every second night (not fit enough to do more at the moment)

went out on Saturday but just had four pints of light beer (I know its a bit gay but f*ck it! - 5lbs in a week for somebody that wasn't fat to start with is okay.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:33 pm

5lbs is seriously good Niall.

I'm just back from a serious aerobic workout and am absolutely knackered but I'm definitely feeling I'm getting fitter. I'm also lifting weights since the start of January and its amazing: I've almost doubled the amount of weights I lift.

I've a long way to go: my goal is to shed between 30 and 35 pounds this year.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:53 am

Cheers - just note that if you have started weights, you'll build some muscle so if you lose 2lbs of fat and gain 1lb of muscle the scale will only show 1lb weight loss. Body fat count would be a much better measurement than weighing scale.

I only use the weighing scale because I do the same amount of weights as I've done for ages (give or take) and am basically just maintaining the muscle I have.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:53 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:hi guys

not a bad week another 2lb down that's 13 in total wanted to get to the full stone but just short oh well will just have to wait till next week

still going well at the moment i can't go running at the mo either due to ANOTHER injury ( yes i know glass boy ) will be trying to get up the swimming pool

phil if you having problems running go for a swim it's low impact so ideal for us oldes :p

well there's no easy way of saying this but I've got psoriasis mate and people look at you like your a :censored: leper.  I'm lucky as I've only got it on my body.

I love swimming but it aint much of a weight loss exercise anyway, well not in comparison to running or cycling.  I read a recent report where it was found that people who go swimming and burn off say 500 calories in a session will eat 750 calories almost immediately after the swim because it makes you so ravenous  :D   Its true isn't it - you hit the hot chocolate and crisps and pies and everything else to get rid of your hunger pangs straight after a swim.
PhiLFC

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:42 am

Keep it up fat folk  :D
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum