Want to lose weight ? Juice diet works !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:54 pm

I spent most of my life at around 160lbs (72 kilos) but over the last ten years due to a sedentary lifestyle, eating whatever I liked, working from home on computer and very little strenuous physical activity my weight gradually ballooned to 194lbs (88 kilos) and despite a couple of (admittedly half hearted) attempts to shift it the weight just wouldn't go away.

After seeing a programme on TV last week about some Australian fella  Joe Cross who weighing in at 308lbs ! (140kilos) went on a 60 day juice diet and lost 80lbs (36 kilos) I thought f'uck it I'm gonna give this a go.

I bought myself a juicer and a book of juice recipes and since Monday I have lived on nothing but fruit/vegetable juices and water and the result is I've already dropped 8lbs (3.5 kilos) in just 5 days and that's without upping my physical activity by more than just taking a short walk each day. .

It takes a bit of will power, I feel a bit peckish most of the time but not starving, I am getting all the nutrients I need whilst at the same time flushing all the toxins from my system.

Another two to three weeks on the juice and weight-wise I'll be back to were I was 10 years ago and so to any of you lads who want to drop some weight check out the Juice diet, it actually works !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:08 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:54 am wrote:I bought myself a juicer and a book of juice recipes and since Monday I have lived on nothing but fruit/vegetable juices and water and the result is I've already dropped 8lbs (3.5 kilos) in just 5 days and that's without upping my physical activity by more than just taking a short walk each day. .

The first thing that sprung to my mind is that that is a sh!t load of weight to lose in just 5 days! You want to be careful because it could cause you some problems and might not work in the long-run.

This is what the NHS has to say anyway:

If you’re trying to lose weight, the safe weekly rate of weight loss is between 0.5kg and 1kg. That’s between around 1lb and 2lb a week.

Lose weight faster than this, and you are at risk of health problems that include malnutrition and gallstones, as well as feeling tired and unwell.

Fad diets (that involve simply changing your diet for a few weeks) associated with very rapid weight loss are also unlikely to lead you to a healthy weight in the long-term.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/should-you-lose-weight-fast.aspx
LFC2007

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeah mate I've read all that stuff. I'm not in it for more than 2-3 weeks then I'll return to a normal but much more balanced diet than the one I had earlier.

If you don't hear from me next month you can assume I've died from malnutrion .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Saw it myself Woof, tempted I have to be honest, gained weight since stopped training for the marathon. Seems a good way to get down to a better base weight.

How do you feel on it Woof - they mentioned headaches? How many juices a day??
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:48 pm

fivecups » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:56 pm wrote:Saw it myself Woof, tempted I have to be honest, gained weight since stopped training for the marathon. Seems a good way to get down to a better base weight.

How do you feel on it Woof - they mentioned headaches? How many juices a day??

I'm feeling pretty good mate. I'm drinking roughly 2 pints a day, one in the morning and one late afternoon plus plenty of water, the recent heat wave has helped with that, also having a nibble at some green salad and the odd banana and maybe a few grapes but not consuming anything after 7pm. Find it hard resisting the urge to eat some "proper" food like Steak, Eggs and Chips etc but it's getting easier each day, the missus had a Mushroom Omelette earlier today left half of it and though it smelt great I had no problem binning it.

Had a bit of a slight dull headache on day 2 and 3 but none since. Feeling pretty clean within myself and strangely more motivated to do stuff instead of just being slumped in front of the tv.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Saw that documentary as well.  It was pretty good.  I actually need to gain weight, so I've got no plans on going on that diet, but I think it could be very beneficial to anybody just adding a juice once a day as a meal, or even to a meal.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:20 pm

Stay away from fad diets as I have seem many come and go and all seem to be the bees knees initially. I would worry about diabetes although I do not know that much about it. No substitute for exercise and moderation. I am 46 and have a 6 pack and all I really do is a 5 minute ab workout which I have on my iPhone (called ab workout) but I have been doing it for a while. Add 20 or so push-ups and your in business. Getting old does not mean you have no time but as you get older you lose that motivation to do it. I never feel like doing it, I just force myself and then feel much better when I do.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Guess we're all "experts" when it comes to our own lifestyle. Like I said earlier, I'm not in it for more than 2-3 weeks then I'll return to a normal but much more balanced diet than the one I had earlier.

Works for me  :nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:55 pm

@ woof

which recipe book did you go for mate ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:55 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:55 pm wrote:@ woof

which recipe book did you go for mate ?

The Juice Master by some fella called Jason Vale, got it from Amazon under a tenner.

ps with the Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer from Amazon you also get another of his books with his 14 day programme. I'm sticking as much as possible to the liquid foods but in the programme you can have a bit of fish, squid or prawns with a green salad.

Today being my seventh day I can have some bread (not white), Hurrah !, bought some great German Rye bread :buttrock .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:24 pm

thanks for all the info woof, this is something i have been wanting to do for a while, i watched the documentary you mentioned, seen it before as well

think i am going to give it a chance, good luck with your weight loss mate
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Im not one for diets myself preferring exercise and just making small changes to my dietary plan.

One thing I did do last year after returing from five weeks in United States carrying a few extra kilos was to add Chia seeds to my diet

Besides being a excellent source of Omega 3 and fibre among others things they also help me shed the kilos as they a  very good appetite suppressent
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:04 am

I was on a juice diet earlier this year and lost 7kg within 2 weeks. The thing with such diets is that if you stray from it, you'll put back the weight you lost very quickly, which is what I experienced. I guess my mistake was that during the juice diet, I didn't have anything else more or less.

My advice is, if you wanna continue to have this juice diet, is to make sure that 2 of your daily meals are proper meals, and depending on your height and weight, keep your calorie intake around 1200.

What I'm currently on is something like this:
Breakfast - Baked Beans
Lunch - Salad with cheese and tomatoes and/or tuna
Dinner - Pesto Pasta with olives

One of those meals above could easily be replaced with a juice but at the same time, it ensures that your diet doesn't have drastic changes and that you have the required nutrients. It also allows you to prolong the juice diet, rather than have it for just for a month.

Hence because of the counter effect I've experienced after stopping the juice diet, I've turned to pescetarianism. In time to come, like in my case, it would become a way of life and you'll be very used to not having any meat in your meals. As of now, I've lost 4kg in 10 days so it's not that bad.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Hmmm, that's a lot of sugar, albeit natural fruit sugar. That will play havoc with your body.  Better to have a stable diet of Protein, Carbs and good fats

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Next

Return to General Chat Forum