Want to lose weight ? Juice diet works !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 am

If anyone's still interested, after 14 days I've dropped 13lbs (5.8kgs) and feeling very good indeed !

Aside from the weight loss a big bonus for me so far is that I'm no longer drinking over half a bottle of Vodka and 4 cans of coke every day, in two weeks I've not consumed any coke and have had just one shot of Vodka (mixed it with some juice and it tasted sh'it  !)

Will now slowly integrate more solids into my diet but I'm still looking to drop another 10 or 11lbs (5kgs).

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 am

Blimey that's a drastic weight loss over a short period - is it good for you ?
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:40 am

No Benny it obviously isn't.

I haven't consumed any red meat, white bread, potato's, pasta, refined sugar, tea, coffee, fizzy drinks and virtually zero alcohol for two weeks, in addition I'm taking a lot more exercise (albeit a brisk walk rather than sprinting) and I feel "cleaner" more alert, positive and good within myself.

It's killing me.

:p .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:37 am

Hopefully the weight doesn't pile back on when you stop the diet.

Getting rid of things like Tea, Coffee , Fizzy pop and white bread is always good for you.
Benny The Noon

Postby fivecups » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:02 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:35 am wrote:If anyone's still interested, after 14 days I've dropped 13lbs (5.8kgs) and feeling very good indeed !

Aside from the weight loss a big bonus for me so far is that I'm no longer drinking over half a bottle of Vodka and 4 cans of coke every day, in two weeks I've not consumed any coke and have had just one shot of Vodka (mixed it with some juice and it tasted sh'it  !)

Will now slowly integrate more solids into my diet but I'm still looking to drop another 10 or 11lbs (5kgs).

Good juicin' Woof!!

Still keen to have a go - 5kg heavier than I want to be at present. Apparently juicer prices have gone through the roof since that documentary!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:29 am

fivecups » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:02 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:35 am wrote:If anyone's still interested, after 14 days I've dropped 13lbs (5.8kgs) and feeling very good indeed !

Good juicin' Woof!!

Still keen to have a go - 5kg heavier than I want to be at present. Apparently juicer prices have gone through the roof since that documentary!

Jeezuz ! I've just seen that mate. the juicer I bought from Amazon cost me £60 three weeks ago, Amazon are now selling it at £199 !!!  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:32 am

Your word has spread Woof
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:40 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:37 am wrote:Getting rid of things like Tea, Coffee  is always good for you.

Not exactly. Tea and Coffee both have alot of stimulants in which actually speeds up your metabolism (The thing that helps you lose weight)

As well as that the fact that they are hot beverages means the body has to work to cool these liquid down in order to digest them properly thus burning more calories.

Drinking tea and coffee has been proved to help you lose weight

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Wife wouldn't let me get a juicers so bought a blender in Tesco - 14.50. Blending the ***** out of everything at the minute and it tastes pretty good.

Unfortunately theres some M+S mini bites in the house and I've been eating them. I need to get off chocolate, but difficult, I've no will-power!!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Woof just to confirm that every meal you have is juiced ?

Or is it a juice for Breakie or Lunch then a normal meal for the evening ?

Also how much energy are you getting from it ? Will it give someone who goes to the gym regulary enough energy ?
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:23 pm

Over all of the first 14 days the only solids I ate in total were three of four slices of whole-wheat toast with sardines, a couple green salads with Avocado and the occasional Banana with honey Yoghurt.

Solids are best eaten at lunch rather than evening .

Energy wise I feel fine. As for the gym ? no idea but it wouldn't be difficult to boost your energy if you felt you needed too.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:28 pm

Cheers Woof - I'm guessing I would have to supplement the diet would something to increase the energy to do the gym in the evening.
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:33 pm

fivecups » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:38 pm wrote:Wife wouldn't let me get a juicers so bought a blender in Tesco - 14.50. Blending the ***** out of everything at the minute and it tastes pretty good.

Unfortunately theres some M+S mini bites in the house and I've been eating them. I need to get off chocolate, but difficult, I've no will-power!!

:laugh: , Helps if you clear all that stuff out mate or better still eat it before you start  :D

Blenders are great, especially as there's some stuff you can't juice e.g. bananas and avocados but you might find weight loss won't be as rapid with blended drinks as you're consuming all of the fruits/vegetables and digestion will be slower.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tonyeh » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Juicing fruits etc, destroys the fibre, but keeps the sugars (fructose). The effect being that the sugars spike the blood sugar levels. The effect of that, is that it tells the body to store any carbs it may intake.

The danger, Woof, is that when you start eating properly again, your body will just store a lot more than it processes, especially if you continue to live a sedentary lifestyle.

Personally, I would introduce some easy excercise and vary out the diet in a small way (get some meat into you) and frankly, you're better off just eating the fruit and vegetables you're juicing. That way, you are taking in the fibre, helping your liver and keeping your blood sugar levels in order.
tonyeh

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:25 am

Cheers Tone, sensible suggestions.

I'm not living purely on juice, although for the first two weeks it did represent 90% of my diet.

I'm now eating one "normal" meal for lunch albeit much smaller portions than I would have had previously plus the content is much healthier, eg a little grilled fish and salad as opposed to a burger and chips, brown bread instead of white etc etc.

The introduction of one "normal" meal has radically reduced the rate of weight loss, I dropped 9lbs (4kgs) in week one, around half that in week two but only 1.5lbs (0.4kgs) this week (week three) .

My plan was to lose around 20lbs (approx 10kgs) and after 20 days I'm down almost 15lbs (6.5kgs).

Maintaining a healthy balanced diet and keeping any weight lost from returning, as you and others have inferred, may well be the bigger challenge but I'm up for that.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum