Help needed, - Pain in the bum kids.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:33 am

In a bit of problem here. My oldest was walking home one day from school when some kid, who he didnt know, decided to pick on him. For no reason as they do. This pain followed my son all the way home giving him grief. So now he knows where we live. My lad hangs around the park around the corner now and again with a local lad and so this bully decides to also hang out there with his mates. Of course, on his own this kid is nothing but with a gang he is something, he decides to chase my kid around until he ran into our local shop until they buggered off. We found out about this so I went around there to get him home. The shopkeeper see my lad out of the shop as I was nearing it making sure they didnt start on him. But as soon as my lad showed his face they sat up ready to beat him up.

Naturally, on seeing this, my blood began to boil.

I told Daniel (my lad) to come to me then checked to see if these were the kids picking on him. They were so I started walking towards them, they shot away like bullets from a gun.

So I got Daniel home. Then the kids who were picking on him came around to our house and started throwing stones at the windows. I went outside and again, off they ran. At that time, there were 4 of them.

Tonight, once again a loud thump against our window, this time by a gang of 6 of them (the ring leader wasnt there) but a couple of his other mates were.

This is going to go on and on and we are stumped. We havent a clue as to get the little b@stards. We have one name and no idea as to where they live. When we went out there they scattered all over the place. Its only a matter of time before they put one of our windows through. The worst thing is nobody knows who these kids are, my kids dont know, ive never seen them, and our neighbours have never seen them either.

How do we go about stopping it?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:37 am

Man, this sounds serious.
Not very often you get this.
The police is the best advice i'd give you.
What i will say is they love attention. So, although it's hard, try to ignore the irritating little sh!ts when your son is in the house, where he is safe. If they don't get a reaction they will soon get bored and move on. We had this hear with lads lobbing eggs at the windows. We let them do it a few times and never went out to them, they soon got bored, and targeted a house over the street.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:42 am

Gerrard30391 wrote:Man, this sounds serious.
Not very often you get this.
The police is the best advice i'd give you.
What i will say is they love attention. So, although it's hard, try to ignore the irritating little sh!ts when your son is in the house, where he is safe. If they don't get a reaction they will soon get bored and move on. We had this hear with lads lobbing eggs at the windows. We let them do it a few times and never went out to them, they soon got bored, and targeted a house over the street.

We was thinking the same, ignore the litte gits, but then they will just all hang around for my lad instead and get him after school. We live in an end house which easy to throw at from 2 streets. We also considered the police but what can they do? we have one name, no idea who he is, and a bunch of other kids. Our hands are really tied on this one.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:47 am

You really have a problem on your hands here mate, obviously a window can be replaced, it's your son that's vulnerable here. We sat and waited (was winter) in the dark and waited for them to come to us so we could see them, we managed to get a picture of them, sent it to the police, and the police were already aware of the barstewards. I honestly think the police will either help or advise you on what to do next mate.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:53 am

Thanks mate thats the best we are going to have to do. Id love to just get my hands on one of the little tw@ts.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:57 am

Little sh!ts they really are mate. In the world of games consoles, pc's to name just two, you'd think kids would have better things to do eh? Mind you, this sort of behaviour normally stems from inadequate parents, i have to say.
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 am

Remember that in past cases people have confronted yobs and ended up losing their lives. So, don't rise to it and take the advice of 30391 - a window you can replace. Yourself, your son, you can't.

After a while they'll probably get bored, but in the meantime log when the intimidation takes place; date and time. Gather as much evidence as possible - if you can surreptitiously obtain photo's of them, do so, if not just note down a description of their appearance(s), as well as their modus operandi; what they are doing and where they are operating/originate from. Keep an eye on them, basically. If it persists, then get on the blower to the police (if you do it straight away, it's unlikely the police will be able to do anything, and it's likely to give the gang a sense that you're people worth persisting with), give them the information you've collected both verbally and in writing (and keep a copy yourself). This will help to cut off avenues for excuses if they fail to act, but should help them to tackle the problem if they're sensible enough.

Other than that, there's not a great deal you can do. It may be wise to have a word with your kid about sticking with mates when he goes out, to avoid certain situations etc.. you know, the usual.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:19 am

Thats the best bet LFC, thanks for that. Hopefully they will get bored but we will take note of what they are doing. Its really frustrating seeing them do what they are doing and not being able to do anything about it. My son wouldnt hurt a fly and we are having to put up with all this simply because some little moron has nothing better to do.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:39 am

Failing that throw the book at them - get the rozzers on them, social services, go through the schools, get evidence and do a civil suit against them  etc.. etc.. and really hammer the b'astards.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:05 am

When why brother had this problem, sitting with shot guns on the porch made them drive off, haven't seen them since :D
SupitsJonF

Postby Effes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:41 am

Do they have the neighbourhood Police doing the rounds there?

Go to your local Police station and ask their advice - they'll tell you what's best to do.

The problem with confronting the kids is that it's highly likely their parents will be scum,
and they'll be round to yours like a shot.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:20 am

I understand this completly.Im 17 and have seen this happen to alot of people over the last year or two.Just ensure ur son that he just as big a person than the bully and tell him to stand up to the bully and show that he not too big without his gang.You should even chat to some of the other members of the gang when u see them as they will realise that they aint so big when faced by an adult on their own.Eventually u son will ignore them and ur son will be a better person in the years to come.Hes obviously a new lad.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:48 am

you know what you need mate...

a gun  :nod
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:04 am

Kharhaz wrote:In a bit of problem here. My oldest was walking home one day from school when some kid, who he didnt know, decided to pick on him. For no reason as they do. This pain followed my son all the way home giving him grief. So now he knows where we live. My lad hangs around the park around the corner now and again with a local lad and so this bully decides to also hang out there with his mates. Of course, on his own this kid is nothing but with a gang he is something, he decides to chase my kid around until he ran into our local shop until they buggered off. We found out about this so I went around there to get him home. The shopkeeper see my lad out of the shop as I was nearing it making sure they didnt start on him. But as soon as my lad showed his face they sat up ready to beat him up.

I told Daniel (my lad) to come to me then checked to see if these were the kids picking on him. They were so I started walking towards them, they shot away like bullets from a gun.

So I got Daniel home. Then the kids who were picking on him came around to our house and started throwing stones at the windows. I went outside and again, off they ran. At that time, there were 4 of them.

Tonight, once again a loud thump against our window, this time by a gang of 6 of them (the ring leader wasnt there) but a couple of his other mates were.

This is going to go on and on and we are stumped. We havent a clue as to get the little b@stards. We have one name and no idea as to where they live. When we went out there they scattered all over the place. Its only a matter of time before they put one of our windows through. The worst thing is nobody knows who these kids are, my kids dont know, ive never seen them, and our neighbours have never seen them either.

Firstly sorry mate this must be stressful,but took on a grander scale its hardly the great train robbery(or anything unique)
A pack of yobs have identified a weak point in one person.(Your son)
DO NOT CHASE THEM,they want that,ignore them,you cant beat kids.....IF you are going to the shop and one of them shouts at you.....ignore them!

There is only one thing for it,take your kid to a boxing club/kung fu..whatever.At a start he wont wanna go as these yobs make him feel inadequate,he will think its pointless..its not.Get him taught how to fight,get him some self respect..yeah i know its sad that you have to but otherwise he will be walked on...dont let the bullys win
And no it will not make him violent,if he has a brain it will set him up for life.......good luck!

Its all about confidence!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:20 am

Kharhaz wrote:In a bit of problem here. My oldest was walking home one day from school when some kid, who he didnt know, decided to pick on him. For no reason as they do. This pain followed my son all the way home giving him grief. So now he knows where we live. My lad hangs around the park around the corner now and again with a local lad and so this bully decides to also hang out there with his mates. Of course, on his own this kid is nothing but with a gang he is something, he decides to chase my kid around until he ran into our local shop until they buggered off. We found out about this so I went around there to get him home. The shopkeeper see my lad out of the shop as I was nearing it making sure they didnt start on him. But as soon as my lad showed his face they sat up ready to beat him up.

just make sure you do not retaliate in any way. let the authorities deal with this. its annoying and all i understand your son may feel afraid to carry out his usual activities for the time being with such a lingering threat. what you can do is install a video camera facing the area outside your house and hopefully catch them throwing the stones or whatever in film. use that as evidence. following that.....

1) charge them with property/criminal damage for your windows.

2) charge them with assault. the definition of assault in UK is "to intentionally or recklessly cause another to APPREHEND the application of immediate unlawful violence". your son may not have been beaten up but he still apprehended violence hence he ran into the shop.

then get some compensation  :;):  allow them to play into your hands.
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to General Chat Forum