Kids footie?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:37 pm

metalhead wrote:When I was 9 or 10 I don't remember my team getting beat 20-0! it never happened.

We would get beat 2-0 or 4-0 the maximum and we were :censored:.

When I grew older, We had a tournament and we got 2nd place. We've beaten one of the strongest teams in this tournament because one of their players got a red card :D

I got a red card when I was 15, biggest bunch of bull sh.it ever.  While I played defense for a season (opposed to LW) I had to cover a 6'0'' kid at the age of "15", and next thing I know he gets the ball and im laying on the floor.  He took me down and I got a yellow and they received a penalty, but he :censored: decked me.  So I go up to the ref and called him a :censored: idiot and then the second yellow flew in  :D.

Goalie stopped it and we won 2-0, but it was still bull :censored:.
SupitsJonF

Postby destro » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Freak results like that happen to teams of all ages, if it is happening all the time then something is seriously wrong IMO. Its OK for kids to lose now and again it teaches them to develop the will to win and to be gracious in defeat, as long as they are not being ridiculed by parents and trainers and having extra pressure put on them because that is when they decide that Football is not for them and it no longer becomes fun. If it was me I would get him out of that club and in to one that knows that what they are doing, it would be a waste if he stopped playing because he was fed up and his confidence was shattered.
destro

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:35 pm

When i was at aaron's age the worst defeat my team would suffer was maybe a 2 or 3 -0 but even than they won;t have like 30 shots on goal , even till now i think we have not lost in about 10 to 15 games , we've been playing together for about 4 to 5 years my team , so we're basically cover each other weakness as we know each other inside out .  If aaron is better than all of them put together than you should pull him out put him in a better team , where you guys won;t get hammered every week , where he plays with people who can cover the mistakes he makes , where his talent would make a difference i reckon , sign him up for the LFC ACADEMY :)
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:37 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
metalhead wrote:When I was 9 or 10 I don't remember my team getting beat 20-0! it never happened.

We would get beat 2-0 or 4-0 the maximum and we were :censored:.

When I grew older, We had a tournament and we got 2nd place. We've beaten one of the strongest teams in this tournament because one of their players got a red card :D

I got a red card when I was 15, biggest bunch of bull sh.it ever.  While I played defense for a season (opposed to LW) I had to cover a 6'0'' kid at the age of "15", and next thing I know he gets the ball and im laying on the floor.  He took me down and I got a yellow and they received a penalty, but he :censored: decked me.  So I go up to the ref and called him a :censored: idiot and then the second yellow flew in  :D.

Goalie stopped it and we won 2-0, but it was still bull :censored:.

You deserved it !!

Shades of Mascherano  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:57 pm

I remember myself being in games where we won 26-0, Jase Koumas was in the year younger than me in the junior leagues by ours but played for the same club, i remember there team winning 43-0 - the game was only about half an hour each way as well

Really? at school level in my country so big results are very rare. I mean there was a 26-0 if it was against the girls, but not otherwise. If you do some sort of training 26 goals is too much!

Ciggy, get Aaron out of there.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 am

What a result yesterday for my daughter's team!

Mossley Hill U16's 6 Manchester United U16's 0

Stunning victory!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:48 pm

Effes wrote:What a result yesterday for my daughter's team!

Mossley Hill U16's 6 Manchester United U16's 0

Stunning victory!

:buttrock
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Gonna miss the first half of the Derdy tomorrow.

Daughter's team playing Preston North End away at 11 am.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:54 am

Wehey - she got her first goal on Saturday.
Mind you they won 10-1 away to Preston North End

League Table:

LEAGUE TABLE
POS                          P  W  D  L  GD  PTS   
1   Mossley Hill        3   3   0   0   16   9   
2   Blackpool               3   2   1   0   6   7   
3   Bolton Wanderers    2   2   0   0   3   6   
4   Manchester United  3   2   0   1   2   6   
5   Manchester City     4   2   0   2   0   6   
6   Lisbon St Anthony   3   1   1   1   0   4   
7   Rochdale               4   1   0   3   10   3   
8   Preston North End   3   0   0   3   -17   0   
9   Curzon Ashton   3   0   0   3   -20   0   

Table Detail
Last edited by Effes on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum