2010 General ELECTION - 06/05/10 - All related

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 pm

I live in a pink council house, no it cannot get any worse than that !

Council houses are there as a necessity. I started work at 16 when I left school, I left home at 17 and got a council place. Its ignorance of the highest level. People who are working and own a council house still pay for it. Full water, full council tax, full rent. Now unless you are in a really well paid job then I dont think most people would consider a council place. Its dead money after all. But when your unemployed yes the council house is the only thing you have left.

When I came out of work I had to sell my car for a poxy £25 as I couldnt afford to keep it. I have had the odd job here and there but those were only temporary. Living in an unemployment black spot doesnt help at all.

Many people who live in council houses are dossers. I know a good few. But many of the ones I know where always working, always in the jobcenter everyday looking for jobs. In the end we all ended up on New Deal. This is a big con. When you are here they know you wont find work, not because your not looking, but because the few that will pop up will go to the school leavers mostly. Simply because they can train them up themself, they wont have there own family (and so put the company first) and cheap wage. The rest of the unemployed get sent on placement to charity places from 6 months to a year. But the best part of this is, you then get an extra £10 for travel and are classed as "Employed Status". It makes the figures look nice you see.

I can understand the bad hype which comes with owning a council house but it really isnt as black and white as bums who dont want to work. Not everyone is a "Jim Royle" character. You then get into a situation though where if you do find work, you cannot afford to work. People who are unemployed with families will tell you, you need to get back into a well paid job. You need to as now you are paying full rent etc as well as school fees. This is as much a problem as anything else. And with the taxes from when you do find work rising as well, it just makes it that bit more difficult.

We have had the same labour politician since 1977 (when I was born) and just looking around grimsby it shows. The docks are empty, the pubs are all closed down, as well as many retailers. And im pretty sure its not just here where people are struggling.

As for who to vote, it doesnt matter. Not to us at least. They all seem to share the same greedy in it for themself attitude.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:53 pm

Some bad bad snobs on here. What in gods name is wrong with living in a council house . If you live in a council house your a dosser and your a dosser because it's labours fault . Feck me Thatcher lives on these boards .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:59 pm

red37 wrote:Monumental really...unbelievably poor timing. I reckon that pretty much nails down the lid on Brown's coffin.

Clegg and Cameron then.   :lookaround

so he won't lose the election for

1 - running expenditure through the roof for a decade
2 - encouraging the banking crises
3 - selling gold at a near record low
4 - damaging the pension system by changing tax rules
5 - getting rid of the 10% tax rate

NO - mumbling something on a mike is why he is unfit ???

Modern day culture drives me mad (and I'm in my early 30s)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Some bad bad snobs on here. What in gods name is wrong with living in a council house . If you live in a council house your a dosser and your a dosser because it's labours fault . Feck me Thatcher lives on these boards .

I actually agree with Thatcher.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Big Niall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Some bad bad snobs on here. What in gods name is wrong with living in a council house . If you live in a council house your a dosser and your a dosser because it's labours fault . Feck me Thatcher lives on these boards .

dare I say I do too

dont hurt me  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby roberto green » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:08 pm

Totally agree mate but we are the minority on here,
roberto green

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:09 pm

I feel sorry for Gordon Brown. He needs a good hug.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:11 pm

bavlondon wrote:I feel sorry for Gordon Brown. He needs a good hug.

The poor lady only went out for bread, went for white but ended up getting brown

:D
roberto green

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Big Niall wrote:

Well you'll agree that she brought this city ,( you know the one in which the club you support is ) to it's feckin knees . She systematically destroyed working class communities all over the country and turned a society that once looked after the lesser off into a me me me money driven capatalist shIthole that hasn't recovered to this day . Whilst your wondering why there's hoodies rageing everywhere and the :censored: we have to put up with today . You can thank Thatcher for that , for creating the parents of the hoodies and yobs and smackheads and @rseholes and for people shutting there front doors behind them and not giving a toss what happens outside . You can thank thatcher for breaking up a whole generation of familes because there fathers ,sons and daughters had to traul around the country looking for work so they could send money home to help feed and clothe there families.

Thatcher was a witch and the Day she dies is the day i will have a horrendous amount of alchohol in celebration . Ever wonder why on the kop they still sing maggie maggie maggie, out out out.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 pm

roberto green wrote:
Reg wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Reg wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i would love it if Brown stood up in the live debate and said " you know what screw it, yes we are going up the tax, but i tell you what if you get ill we will look after you not like the others"

Brown should be and is a spent force and should be run out of power, he was the chancellor of the exchequer ffs that oversaw the credit bubble to such an absurd extent, failed to see the bust coming, had to bail out banks and prop up ailing industries. WTF would anyone want to give that príck another crack of the whip?

If it was you or me, we would have been fired years ago!!

totally agree with lakes,

Reg I don't think Brown was the only leader in the world who couldn't spot the "GLOBAL RECESSION" and that was what it is, it isn't Britain's recession.Plenty of countries in the euro are mostly bankrupt through it and are getting helped out by the EU.I agree labour haven't done what they promised they would when they come in but which party does, we could do a lot worse.

Just let the Tories get in, pull the country back into recession, get the unemployed to the depths of the early 80's and make you pay for your medical treatment and then we will see how bad it gets.

they SPOTTED it coming - irt was inevitable but to stop the merrygoround - put up interest rates, reduce shop sales is not good for VOTES. They kept the boom going from genuine cashflow to credit to junk loans and mortgages because they didnt have the courage to blow the whilstle.

Its all a matter of timing, they wanted to get past the election before the bust occured which of course didnt happen.

But lets not say we didnt know how massively over leveraged the economy, banks and Joe Public was......... becuase that simply aint true.

Why would unemployment go up massively under the tories, I dont get it??

It has already been said that they will cut public sector jobs and that is just the tip of the iceberg believe me.My fiancee works in work in pensions and they are all dreading it.

This country is still recovering from the tory years never mind Labour.
I was only young at the time (I was on my dads shoulders on a march down Stanley road Bootle) but I remember the pain of the real working people of Liverpool who went on a march against Margaret Thatcher when the poll tax came in, a tax purely to hurt the working class and I wonder why most thought it would be better not to work.

I think dawson just thinks everyone who votes labour lives in council estate with 100 kids but that is a very stereotypical view and a very small minded view, I agree that it knocks me sick that I have to work overtime and my balls off to pay bills while some parasites can afford to drink in a nearby pub 24/7 but the Tories will never be the answer in my mind, there is still families that are split in half because of them.

hey Roberto, you´ve got to look beneath the surface to understand what goes on and why. Labour have created 10´s and 10´s of thousands of non productive, cash sucking, inefficient public secotr jobs. Like the social services people who visit my sister (shes a foster mother) who dont speak english. Or dont know how to fill out their own forms, or are sent to my sister on the first day of teh job and ask HER how it all works.

No, no matey, if you want a job and take the queens shilling then you have to be productive, efficient, worth it. Otherwise like in any business you should be out.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 am

Reg wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Reg wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Reg wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i would love it if Brown stood up in the live debate and said " you know what screw it, yes we are going up the tax, but i tell you what if you get ill we will look after you not like the others"

Brown should be and is a spent force and should be run out of power, he was the chancellor of the exchequer ffs that oversaw the credit bubble to such an absurd extent, failed to see the bust coming, had to bail out banks and prop up ailing industries. WTF would anyone want to give that príck another crack of the whip?

Reg I don't think Brown was the only leader in the world who couldn't spot the "GLOBAL RECESSION" and that was what it is, it isn't Britain's recession.Plenty of countries in the euro are mostly bankrupt through it and are getting helped out by the EU.I agree labour haven't done what they promised they would when they come in but which party does, we could do a lot worse.

Just let the Tories get in, pull the country back into recession, get the unemployed to the depths of the early 80's and make you pay for your medical treatment and then we will see how bad it gets.

they SPOTTED it coming - irt was inevitable but to stop the merrygoround - put up interest rates, reduce shop sales is not good for VOTES. They kept the boom going from genuine cashflow to credit to junk loans and mortgages because they didnt have the courage to blow the whilstle.

Its all a matter of timing, they wanted to get past the election before the bust occured which of course didnt happen.

But lets not say we didnt know how massively over leveraged the economy, banks and Joe Public was......... becuase that simply aint true.

It has already been said that they will cut public sector jobs and that is just the tip of the iceberg believe me.My fiancee works in work in pensions and they are all dreading it.

I was only young at the time (I was on my dads shoulders on a march down Stanley road Bootle) but I remember the pain of the real working people of Liverpool who went on a march against Margaret Thatcher when the poll tax came in, a tax purely to hurt the working class and I wonder why most thought it would be better not to work.

I think dawson just thinks everyone who votes labour lives in council estate with 100 kids but that is a very stereotypical view and a very small minded view, I agree that it knocks me sick that I have to work overtime and my balls off to pay bills while some parasites can afford to drink in a nearby pub 24/7 but the Tories will never be the answer in my mind, there is still families that are split in half because of them.

hey Roberto, you´ve got to look beneath the surface to understand what goes on and why. Labour have created 10´s and 10´s of thousands of non productive, cash sucking, inefficient public secotr jobs. Like the social services people who visit my sister (shes a foster mother) who dont speak english. Or dont know how to fill out their own forms, or are sent to my sister on the first day of teh job and ask HER how it all works.

No, no matey, if you want a job and take the queens shilling then you have to be productive, efficient, worth it. Otherwise like in any business you should be out.

don't forget the local councils who have ALL launched their OWN LOCAL NEWS PAPERS. That's right, they are all throwing HUNDREADS OF THOUSANDS OF POUNDS at creating crappy rags aimed at runing the local independants newspapers.

Fecking joke.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:29 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
Big Niall wrote:

Well you'll agree that she brought this city ,( you know the one in which the club you support is ) to it's feckin knees . She systematically destroyed working class communities all over the country and turned a society that once looked after the lesser off into a me me me money driven capatalist shIthole that hasn't recovered to this day . Whilst your wondering why there's hoodies rageing everywhere and the :censored: we have to put up with today . You can thank Thatcher for that , for creating the parents of the hoodies and yobs and smackheads and @rseholes and for people shutting there front doors behind them and not giving a toss what happens outside . You can thank thatcher for breaking up a whole generation of familes because there fathers ,sons and daughters had to traul around the country looking for work so they could send money home to help feed and clothe there families.

Thatcher was a witch and the Day she dies is the day i will have a horrendous amount of alchohol in celebration . Ever wonder why on the kop they still sing maggie maggie maggie, out out out.

Well said

:nod
roberto green

Postby lakes10 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:22 am

red37 wrote:Lakes = One minute 'Media mogul' the next...'Political insider' What else....?  'Food critic'....'Inventor'.....Medical advisor' to the monarch!! 

Gis a job mate!   :D

do the traing and you can help me.
I teach in schools, Drug and alcohol centers, mental health centers and prisons.
I book police to talk on my courses and local MP's.

This election result will tell me if i have to give up the job i have spent years trainging for and go bank to working in a bank in London.

due to what my area of work thinks the result of this vote is going to be they have gut loads of funding right now, due to this i spent the last 2 days doing my own adverts and putting ads in letterboxes, i walked 12 miles the first day and 10 miles the 2nd day, today i am teaching in a school , it is my last day there as the funding has been cut, not sure when I will be back there.

Mind called me to say that my cousres in the mental health units has been havled, but no to fear as they have been told they will make the users pay for it.
this was once free to them, this is the sort of thing that is going to happen all the time if the Con win the vote.

big tip if they win, dont get ill, make sure you keep your job if a member of your family dies and you or a loved one needs bereavement counselling make sure you have the £45 per hour that it will now cost for something that was once free.

oh ad some stats.

I live in Thurrock Essex and theres a lot of council house here, only 5% who live in them are out of work.

In Thurrock the cons got in power and the area has been falling apart.

Nail In The Coffin” For Voluntary Sector

SENIOR figures from the Voluntary Sector slammed Thurrock Council last night believing they had pronounced a “death sentence” for all voluntary groups in the borough.

Chief Executive of the Thurrock Council for Voluntary Services (CVS), Naya Naqvi had “called in ” the decision by the Tory Cabinet to supply only six months worth of funding while a review of “infrastructure groups” CVS, Trust and Ngage took place.

In a withering attack on the council, Ms Naqvi and Neville Baldwin asserted that the decision to limit funding left a large number of staff in fear for their jobs and all the groups fatally weakened in the negotiating chamber.

Mr Baldwin said: ” The Chief Executive and the Leader of the Council along with leaders from the police, voluntary and faith groups signed the Thurrock Compact. The key principle of which was the decision to work together.

“You have now decided to breach that trust, principle and understanding.

Corporate Director Lorna Payne defended their position saying: “The Compact is all about how things ought to happen.”

Labour councillor Cathy Kent backed the voluntary sector and questioned the council’s principles.

She said: “Partnerships are the key to progress in the borough but the first time this is tested or the first time it is inconvenient for you, you put it to one side.

SENIOR figures from the Voluntary Sector slammed Thurrock Council last night believing they had pronounced a “death sentence” for all voluntary groups in the borough.

Chief Executive of the Thurrock Council for Voluntary Services (CVS), Naya Naqvi had “called in ” the decision by the Tory Cabinet to supply only six months worth of funding while a review of “infrastructure groups” CVS, Trust and Ngage took place.

In a withering attack on the council, Ms Naqvi and Neville Baldwin asserted that the decision to limit funding left a large number of staff in fear for their jobs and all the groups fatally weakened in the negotiating chamber.

Mr Baldwin said: ” The Chief Executive and the Leader of the Council along with leaders from the police, voluntary and faith groups signed the Thurrock Compact. The key principle of which was the decision to work together.

Corporate Director Lorna Payne defended their position saying: “The Compact is all about how things ought to happen.”

Labour councillor Cathy Kent backed the voluntary sector and questioned the council’s principles.

She said: “Partnerships are the key to progress in the borough but the first time this is tested or the first time it is inconvenient for you, you put it to one side.

Last edited by lakes10 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
Big Niall wrote:

Spot on Igor. I have said before that I made a lot of money out of her time in office, but I also saw a lot of my friends and relatives suffer under her government. I don't drink , but I will on that day mate.
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:38 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Reg wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Reg wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Reg wrote:

don't forget the local councils who have ALL launched their OWN LOCAL NEWS PAPERS. That's right, they are all throwing HUNDREADS OF THOUSANDS OF POUNDS at creating crappy rags aimed at runing the local independants newspapers.

Fecking joke.

most of them are local conservative councils.

THE FUTURE of all Thurrock’s newspapers and media outlets is set to be thrown into doubt as Thurrock Council plans to launch its own fortnightly newspaper.

The paper is part of a radical communications strategy developed by consultants since the Audit Commission published its damning report which placed Thurrock Council in the bottom five in the country.

The extensive plans include a Chief Executive blog, fortnightly e-magazine, school newsletter, e-mail alerts as well as the fortnightly newspaper.

The plans are set to see the advertising that is placed in the Thurrock Gazette be placed in the council paper which could cost the Gazette in the region of £500,000 per year.

YourThurrock Comment

Andrew Gilligan of the Evening Standard put it very well when he said: “Could you imagine Gordon Brown, believing that the government aren’t getting the message across through The Times or Daily Mail, decides to plough millions into launch a rival newspaper called The Government. You would think he was mad. And yet that is exactly what the local councils are starting up, all over the country.

The Audit Commission are about to publish a report which assesses the effectiveness of council newspapers. If they damn them will the Tory lead administration change their mind.

Contrary to rumours it won’t break the Thurrock Gazette but if you were a Newsquest boss you would want to ask why they had just lost £500,000 worth of business.

Jobs may go, not only at the local papers but also within the communications department at Thurrock Council as well.

Wiping journalism off the map? Possibly. Diversity implications? What if BNP get into power, hold the balance of power or under proportional representation have a third of the seats?

Our real concern is the small but highly influential number of right-wing Tory Councillors who look at the free press in total contempt. That is where the real worry is.

The key word though may be: “Compete. Go out there and make a better product.”

After fourteen months, the award-winning YourThurrock is still here, out in the borough, every day, showcasing all that is good and also committed to asking the difficult questions on behalf of the public.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum