Who should be next england captain? - Becks passes the armband...

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Who should be next england captain? - Becks passes the armband...

GARY NEVILLE
4%
STEVEN GERRARD
81%
JOHN TERRY
11%
MICHAEL OWEN
2%
OTHER, PLEASE STATE.
2%

Total votes : 47

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:34 pm

Good Bob wrote:
0asis wrote:John Terry as he's at the back, he'll be able to full view of what's happening in front him and can lead like Bobby Moore.

However perhaps it's about time Gerrard proved he's the best player in the world by shining on the big stage and if being capitain brings the very best out of him, than that's what McClaren should do. He's 26 now, he's not a spring chicken anymore.

He is nowhere near the best player in the world.

He's up there with Reo-Coker though :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:34 pm

0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:However perhaps it's about time Gerrard proved he's the best player in the world by shining on the big stage and if being capitain brings the very best out of him, than that's what McClaren should do. He's 26 now, he's not a spring chicken anymore.

Quite right, at 26 he's almost over the hill FFS :laugh:

4 years time he will be 30.

As impressed as I am with your maths, I really don't see your point.

It's far too old. Get Reo-Coker in or Terry.

26 is to old to be England captain and Reo-Coker should be in there?

What planet are you from? :laugh:
Good Bob

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:05 pm

john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:However perhaps it's about time Gerrard proved he's the best player in the world by shining on the big stage and if being capitain brings the very best out of him, than that's what McClaren should do. He's 26 now, he's not a spring chicken anymore.

You're a good comedian Oasis, but a football expert you are not.

Terry is only a year younger than Gerrard, 2 at most, so not a great difference.

Reo-coker??  As England captain?? 

and your a w*nker.

There is nothing wrong with Nigel Reo-Coker, if he is included in the England team from now till the next world cup he'll be a great candidate, but I forgot I'm not an football expert, probs because I'm not a w*nker.

:)

Sorry mate, I won't rip the pi.ss out of you any more, between Mexico being World Cup contenders, Argentina not getting a tougher game in this world cup than Mexico and Reo-Coker being named England captain after Beckham, you clearly do know what you're talking about after all :laugh:  :D

I make mistakes, I'm not afraid of that, but I'd rather be wrong then have my head so far my own a.rse that you can see your bowel movments like yourself. Of course you're the fountain of knowledge I forgot about that. Oh and I said after the next world cup for Reo-Coker, learn how to read.

And GoodBob, you make "predictions" that are so obvious, so you cannot talk, well you can more bollox then me.  :D
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Good Bob » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:13 pm

0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:

Terry is only a year younger than Gerrard, 2 at most, so not a great difference.

and your a w*nker.

There is nothing wrong with Nigel Reo-Coker, if he is included in the England team from now till the next world cup he'll be a great candidate, but I forgot I'm not an football expert, probs because I'm not a w*nker.

Sorry mate, I won't rip the pi.ss out of you any more, between Mexico being World Cup contenders, Argentina not getting a tougher game in this world cup than Mexico and Reo-Coker being named England captain after Beckham, you clearly do know what you're talking about after all :laugh:  :D

I make mistakes, I'm not afraid of that, but I'd rather be wrong then have my head so far my own a.rse that you can see your bowel movments like yourself. Of course you're the fountain of knowledge I forgot about that. Oh and I said after the next world cup for Reo-Coker, learn how to read.

And GoodBob, you make "predictions" that are so obvious, so you cannot talk, well you can more bollox then me.  :D

Pffft
Good Bob

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:17 pm

Good Bob wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:

and your a w*nker.

Pffft

Nice edit.  :D

I read it and you speak the truth, don't make laugh. Next you'll be saying you're not a fascist.  :laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:22 pm

0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:
0asis wrote:
john craig wrote:

LMFAO, 30 too old? are you serious. Is that why zidane is still taking the :censored: with his skills on the biggest stage at the age of what 34 odd. Are you really a liverpool fan or a manc on a wind up. Gerrard will be better than he is now when hes 30.

reo-coker  :help
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby mitch22 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:45 pm

Stevie  G without a doubt . Leader Champs league final Fa cup, treble endless . Wtf has Terry done to deserve it over Gerrard . Premiership ?? maybe  but  he only achieved it with the influence of chelskis russian roubles
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:03 am

As a liverpool fan the yes I would go for Gerrard but I reckon it will be Terry, we will see
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:22 am

just all look on the bright side,

when beckham went off injured the armband was passed to busy bollox neville, its not been revealed that beckham would have been out injured for the remainder of the tournament. can you imagine of neville kept the armban and we won the world cup. neville would have lifted the trophy putting him on a level with bobby moore (well in his mind anyway) and we would have to see his gurning face for the rest of history everytime the world cup is mentioned
112-1077774096

Postby coolsobs » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:38 am

ME
coolsobs

Postby laza » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:44 am

Dont want to see Stevie as captain, he got enough on his plate leading us to the elusive Holy Grail
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:34 pm

I think both are good candidates and hoped Stevie would get it, but after reading posts from a few on here it probably would be better if it went to Terry.
We do want Stevie's mind on LFC and helping us get back to the summit of english football.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:36 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I think both are good candidates and hoped Stevie would get it, but after reading posts from a few on here it probably would be better if it went to Terry.
We do want Stevie's mind on LFC and helping us get back to the summit of english football.

I agree, perhaps it would be better if all of Stevie's attention was on Liverpool (although he would be the best man for the
job).

For what it's worth, I think Beckham was a good captain and am sorry to see him go.

Anyhow, Liverpool are more important to me than England, but good luck to whoever gets it!

Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 007 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:23 am

I vote for Gerrard because I think he will be a better captain than Terry. He can express himself better on the field with his commanding display.

And finally he can just tell Lampard to sit back and let him do all the attacking from now onwards....cos with 35 shots on goal he can't even score once in the WC.... :laugh:
Liverpool for LIFE

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:44 pm

theo walcott
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion