England captain - Yet more shambles

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:54 pm

and the England set up introduces yet more sh!te onto its doorstep. John Terry looks set to win back the England captaincy after having it taken from his a year ago, a few stories going around about whether or not Rio knows about this but IMO if Terry gets it Rio should just quit and tell Capello where to go

I don't understand why anyone thinks its a good idea for him to be given the armband back, especially after the cr@p he came out with during the World Cup. Love this quote from him:

'I felt, "OK, I've been stripped of the captaincy, but don't take the p*** out of me",' said Terry. 'I think they would have given it to one of the stewards ahead of me.'

He said that after the friendly where it was passed around to everyone but him  :D

kunt of a human being, that is all
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Bellamy puts it well when he described JT :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Terry is a knacker....end of.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ethanr » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm

The time England plays best is when Gerrard is captain.  Terry is a good player but does not deserve to be captain.  Ferdinand is good but inconsistent and always injured.  Gerrard is a man who leads by example, and Englands only good player during the world cup.  Honestly if it weren't for him, England would have had a lot more trouble against the U.S.  He works his :censored: off for England and should be the obvious choice for Capello.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:12 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Terry is a knacker....end of.

a pikey yes :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:32 pm

metalhead wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Terry is a knacker....end of.

a pikey yes :D

Exactly MH.....a poxy smelly pikey....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:06 pm

F'ck ferdinand, Gerrard should tell them all where to go. How the hell can this pr!ck become captain again?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 pm

I have to say if one player has been properly stung by the England set up its our Stevie. A few seasons ago he was by far the best player in his position (now its debatable) and he suffered by getting used in the wrong position to accomodate Fat Boy, the two striker business and not being captain. I honestly believe if we built the England team around Gerrard when he was at his best and made him captain it would have been a lot more successful, I'm not saying we would have won anything but we'd have been a lot closer. It's a massive opportunity lost imo

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Ferdinand 'upset' over losing England captaincy to Terry

Terry looks set to take over from Ferdinand as England skipper

Dan Roan
BBC sport news correspondent

Rio Ferdinand is "very upset" over plans to reinstate John Terry as England captain, a source close to the player has told BBC Sport.

The Manchester United defender is the current skipper after Chelsea's Terry was stripped of the armband last year.

The source claimed England boss Fabio Capello has been persuaded to re-think his stance by "certain London-based media" close to centre-half Terry.

Capello's camp say no decision has been made but say Terry is being considered.

Capello is due to discuss the situation with Ferdinand later on Tuesday before addressing the rest of his squad next week, when they meet up next for Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales in Cardiff.

Franco Baldini, Capello's number two, has already spoken to current England vice-captain Steven Gerrard about the situation.

The Liverpool midfielder, who is currently sidelined with a hernia injury, is said to be comfortable with Terry's likely reinstatement.

Ferdinand, 32, was made captain when Terry was relieved of his duties in February 2010 after reports surfaced that he had an affair with the former partner of England team-mate Wayne Bridge.

Since then, Ferdinand has made only four appearances for England and will miss the game against Wales because of problems with his back and calf.

The England captaincy has become a big issue for Capello in the wake of February's friendly against Denmark.

With Ferdinand and Gerrard both absent, Frank Lampard started the match in Copenhagen as skipper but passed the armband to Gareth Barry when he was substituted.

In turn, Barry gave it to Ashley Cole when he was replaced.

"I was really upset about what happened in Denmark, when I saw the players saying 'who is the captain?'," said Capello.

"After one year of punishment, it was not the best moment for John Terry to see this. For that reason, I need to make a decision - and it will be a permanent decision, not just one game."

Capello thinks Ferdinand will understand why he has decided to address the captaincy issue now.

"First of all, I want to know what happened with Rio's back and when he will be fit because he is a really important player for us," said the 64-year-old Italian.

"After that, I will explain to him what really happened and what I am going to do in the next week - if I will decide on a new captain or about John Terry or something else.

"Why will it be a difficult conversation? It is not because he is not a good captain.

"I will explain what happened in Denmark and what I think. I would understand if he is not happy but I am the manager. I have to take decisions."

Terry was first handed the armband by former England boss Steve McClaren after the 2006 World Cup and was retained as skipper by Capello before the Czech Republic in August 2008.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti said on Tuesday that the 30-year-old centre-back would be delighted if he reclaimed the England captaincy on a permanent basis.

"I didn't say anything when the England team took away his armband," said Ancelotti. "Obviously, this is the decision of the national team and he will be happy about this."

Although he is not in the running to take over from Ferdinand, Jack Wilshere is considered a future England captain by Capello, who has hailed him as "the best young midfielder for his age".

After making his debut against Hungary on 11 August last year, the 19-year-old Arsenal midfielder did not play for the national team until the Denmark friendly last month.

During that time, Capello said he had seen a huge improvement in the teenager, highlighted by his performance in the Champions League defeat by Barcelona last week.

"It is incredible," Capello admitted. "In this last seven months, he improved a lot. After that very first game, I was not sure because he didn't play with a lot of confidence.

"Following the Denmark game, some people were surprised when I said I was really happy with his performance.

"But he played with confidence and without fear. He tried to do the same things he usually does when he plays for Arsenal and everyone can understand his value after the games against Barcelona.

"I followed him. I monitored him during the game in Barcelona. Against the most difficult team, one of the best teams of all, he played the same game, with the same confidence he did in the first leg."

Capello added: "He will be England captain one day. Jack Wilshere needs more caps but he is a real leader. I saw how he spoke with the referee and how he spoke to the other players.

"It is difficult to find someone so young with such a big personality."

The man with the title England Manager obviously still isn't running the team - Fleet Street is.

That is why this team has won Jack Shit in 45 years!!!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:21 pm

Yet more proof that Capello should have been booted out after the World Cup. It's almost as if he doesn't give a toss and wants to get fired. This is pathetically weak management.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:23 pm

stmichael wrote:Yet more proof that Capello should have been booted out after the World Cup. It's almost as if he doesn't give a toss and wants to get fired. This is pathetically weak management.

We want Mclaren!

We want McLaren!

We want Mclaren!

We want McLaren!

:lookaround
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:49 pm

If he takes him back as captain he should hang his head in shame  :no
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:01 am

Chelsea defender John Terry has been reinstated England's permanent captain.
The move by boss Fabio Capello had been widely expected, and comes ahead of the Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales.
Terry lost the armband to Rio Ferdinand last year after reports he had an affair with the former partner of England team-mate Wayne Bridge.
But Capello said on Saturday: "After one year of punishment, Terry will again be the permanent captain. I think one year's punishment is enough."
Terry replaces Manchester United defender Ferdinand, who was reported to be upset at the prospect of losing the captaincy earlier this week.
Ferdinand is currently injured, and Capello had planned to meet him to explain his thinking at Old Trafford on Wednesday.
But the Italian told a media briefing at the Football Association's HQ at Wembley Stadium that Ferdinand "preferred not to meet me".
Terry was initially appointed England skipper by Steve McClaren in August 2006, and Capello reinstated him in August 2008 after initially experimenting with different players in the role.
Capello said he had been impressed by Terry's continuing leadership on and off the pitch in the past 12 months.
"John, when he played without the armband, was every time a leader on the pitch, a leader in the dressing room. He was really good every time.
"Always he is the same. He is a player that is himself a leader. This is really important. He is the biggest personality in the dressing room."
Capello believes Terry will have learnt from his alleged off-the-field indiscretions and is confident he will have the support of the dressing room.
He said: "Sometimes the leader can make mistakes - not only him but I, you, all the people.
"It is not a risk making Terry captain again. He understood the mistake and he learnt from his mistakes.
"He will be a very important captain for us because when I choose him, I know he is a leader.
"I also think the players will be happy. I think so. They respect John Terry as a leader, absolutely."
Ferdinand will revert to his previous role as vice-captain when he recovers from injury with Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, also ruled out of the Wales clash through injury, next in line to wear the armband.
Capello continued: "I tried to meet Rio at the Manchester United game [against Marseille in the Champions League] on Wednesday.
"He was ready to meet me but he preferred not to meet us. I don't know why. It is a question for him, not me.
"I was ready, I wanted to speak with him and explain my decision.
"I hope I will meet him in the future to speak with him personally and privately, not by phone because I think by phone is not so good.
"I hope he will be fit to play for the national team because he is one of the most important people with his experience and value as a player.

What a shocker!!!!!! Not

:censored: clueless, the england team is a proper shambles from top to bottom.

As much as i think ferdinand is a twatt, it shows total disrespect to give it back to that pikey and i would immediately hand in my england notice and never play for them again.

Same with stevie, a true captain but knock it the head pal, save your legs and from getting injured in dull pointless internationals and retire from international duty.

Does anyone actually watch england any more, they are dull to watch
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Ar.sed
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:35 pm

haha its happened. Now watch the England camp turn in yet more shambles. I may be English but sometimes you just have to laugh at the incompetence at those high up

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion