The La liga thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:38 am

john craig wrote:
metalhead wrote:Zidane does what Messi does and more mate, I think people forgot about him a bit, but hell Zidane was the greatest football out there, he single handed won France the WC, he also single handed France getting another final in the WC. Zidane had everything in him, All around better than Messi. Watch some videos of Zidane in his early days and with Real Madrid, you have his passing, dribbling, long shots, headers, vision everything he completely destroyed teams on his own. Physically he is stronger and he also puts in a tackle as well. Messi is phenomenon, but not better than Zizou.

Completely disagree mate.

Messi can do almost everything and his assist/goal tally is what puts him above Zidane.  Both awesome and quite different players, but if Messi keeps this up and manages to do it in a world cup for the Argies at some point, then he could possibly even be classed as THE best ever.  He's that good.

That Barcelona team were immense tonight, perhaps the best team performance I have ever seen.  Only their lack of squad depth can stop them winning absolutely everything this season.

The only thing that is stopping Messi to be the greatest is he doesn't do a Ronaldihno
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:39 am

Last 5 matches guess what the aggregate score is between the two??

Madrid 2

Barca   16

That is complete and utter domination
burjennio

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 am

metalhead wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
metalhead wrote:Why can't Liverpool produce a Messi? :(

Maybe one day we will , they all came under the coaching and guidence of our very own Segura and Borrell, so you never know :;):

Drooling watching that master class tonight ,they made Madrid look likea pub team, i never seen that Xavi lose the ball once .unbelievable footballing display and a pleasure to watch best passing and one touch  football ive seen played in a long time ,

Didn't they have Cruyff as well in the academy?

not sure mate but they were absolutly raging when we nicked Rodolfo Borrell from them ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:05 pm

john craig wrote:That Barcelona team were immense tonight, perhaps the best team performance I have ever seen.  Only their lack of squad depth can stop them winning absolutely everything this season.

I agree.

I always said nothing would ever beat our 5-0 demolition of Forest but I was wrong. That last night was the best team peerformance I've ever seen.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:19 am

Personally that was the best peformance ive ever seen from a football team that i can remember. Barca were sublime, the passing was outstanding, i was yelling "Ole" at my TV all game. Oh and as for Lionel Messi, the guy is ridiculously good, he must have sold his soul to the devil for football skills, better than Zidane without a doubt
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Personally that was the best peformance ive ever seen from a football team that i can remember. Barca were sublime, the passing was outstanding, i was yelling "Ole" at my TV all game. Oh and as for Lionel Messi, the guy is ridiculously good, he must have sold his soul to the devil for football skills, better than Zidane without a doubt

Funniest line of the week yesterday by a mate of mine on Facebook:

"If Messi dies tomorrow can I bid for his feet?"  :D
burjennio

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:30 pm

A little late to this thread re the Barca - Real game but that was an absolutely astonishing team effort by Barca, who well and truly outplayed an otherwise very good team. I was with a mate in a packed pub and it was amazing to watch even as a neutral (who was definitely rooting for Barca though it has to be said), and after the game we really could not remember Real creating anything or even having any possession at all. What a game (by Barca)!
JamCar05

Postby burjennio » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Theres an air traffic controller strike in Spain today and Barca were promised they could fly then had the decision overturned, then ordered to get to Osasuna with 4 hours notice by road. They have arrived with less than 30mins to spare. Conspiracy theorists will have a field day with this one.

Also

PAKOS IN THE STUDIO!
burjennio

Postby burjennio » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Barca vs Athletico tonight, and a long overdue bump for the La Liga thread. I backed 4-1 Barca as Athletico are in all honesty absolute poo but they have enough quality forward players to nick one
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Barcelona will walk the league, they are unstoppable.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:34 pm

2-0 with half an hour gone, messis got both. Dont think Athlete have even had a shot at goal yet.
burjennio

Postby burjennio » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:52 pm

3-0, another messi hattrick and Barca break the all time la liga record of consecutive victories with a stunning 16 wins in a row. What a football side but what sums it all up for me is a moment in the second half where Messi tracks Aguero back 60yds to make a tackle. They are the best team ve ever seen
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:09 am

mate, Barcelona will win the champions league and la liga this year.

unbelievable team
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:34 am

Messi hit his 40th goal of the season yesterday and play Arsenal soon who managed to surrender a 4:0 lead. Clichy must be having sleepless nights  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:58 pm

How much does C.Ronaldo have?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<