Real sociedad - Life in segunda

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Italian boy » Sun May 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Sabre wrote:
Italian boy wrote:well of I understand of you, last some year of juve of the is demoted in B for more than to the of strangers of motives, in the smaller divisions the kick is hard space of few of there is of and for here is the show, him the truth admired usual of the I have of sociedad, when the title contended him with the Madrid he has been a show. I say of You calm to be of of soloist, society of the forof him of typhi of which the only essential thing will be the typhus he will take back. the only essential thing will be the typhus of her own fans.

grazie molte  :D

de nada
Italian boy

Postby Keris » Sun May 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Italian boy wrote:well of I understand of you, last some year of juve of the is demoted in B for more than to the of strangers of motives, in the smaller divisions the kick is hard space of few of there is of and for here is the show, him the truth admired usual of the I have of sociedad, when the title contended him with the Madrid he has been a show. I say of You calm to be of of soloist, society of the forof him of typhi of which the only essential thing will be the typhus he will take back. the only essential thing will be the typhus of her own fans.

Must be one of those online translation thing.  :Oo:  :p  :D
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sun May 25, 2008 2:32 pm

I think I understood the guy  :D.

" typhus " if this comes from tiffosi "supporters" in Italian, I think he's just saying he's sympathetic to my journey in Segunda, that he knows that playing in a lower league is difficult, that there are few spaces and harder tackles, and that the most important thing is to support the team no matter what, that the support is what brings you back to the top league, and the most important thing.

So that's why I told him Thanks a lot in Italian :)
Last edited by Sabre on Sun May 25, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Italian boy » Sun May 25, 2008 2:38 pm

[quote="Keris"][/quote]
no,excuse me, however it is not easy to face a new language. however I didn't even know translators they existed online
Italian boy

Postby Sabre » Sun May 25, 2008 9:31 pm

Combinations in case of teams are matched in points.

If Sporting and Real Sociedad have the same points, Sporting is up.

If Real Sociedad and Malaga have the same points, Real Sociedad is up.

If there's a triple draw in points between the 3 teams, both Real Sociedad and Sporting are up, Málaga would be fourth.

After the Alaves 0 - 0 Sporting, the situation is as follows:

1 Numancia 75
2 Málaga 67
3 Sporting 66
4 R.Sociedad 66
5 Castellón 57
6 Elche 54
7 Las Palmas 53
8 Sevilla At 52
9 Celta 51
10 Hércules 51
11 Salamanca 50
12 Gimnástic 49
13 Tenerife 49
14 Eibar 49
15 R. Ferrol 46
16 Córdoba 46
17 Cádiz 46
18 Albacete 45
19 Xerez 45
20 Alavés 44
21 Granada74 44
22 Poli Ejido 42

3 matches to go, and you can't have a more leveled situation.

Anything can happen mates. Real Sociedad are in a 5 victories, 3 draws run in, but making predictions in segunda is a tough task:

In a 22 team league, look at the amount of total points the first team has in 39 games. With the amount of points Liverpool obtained in the premiership, you'd be champion in this league or damned close to it.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun May 25, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat May 31, 2008 10:11 pm

Sporting 2 - 1 Cordoba
Real Sociedad 1 - 1 Salamanca
Malaga  - Cadiz

If Malaga wins tomorrow, it will get very complicated.

I'm gutted, and I have no voice, but walk on.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat May 31, 2008 10:34 pm

So you're two points adrift of third with two games to play, is that right Sabre?  Hopefully you can still pull it out but it sucks to rely on other teams.  Too bad you won't have the opportunity to play Gijon head to head.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:40 pm

Next game for RS - Alaves away, who are in a relegation dogfight.

By contrast Sporting play Castellón, who are playing for fun.

Two points dropped today at home has hurt your chances of getting up badly, but you never know.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Sat May 31, 2008 10:56 pm

The teams playing for fun like Salamanca today are more dangerous, because they play without pressure and motivated by money. They know that should they get a draw or win, they'll get a bonus from an unknown man.

This practice, pay to win, or motivate, is a common thing in Spain, regrettably.

Malaga will have a complicated Derby tomorrow. It won't be easy they win, neither they lose. Anything can happen. But yes, right now I have to attend more to faith rather than brain to keep on walking.

It would be a blow not to promote, but then, I haven't died as a supported for relegating. It hasn't been as hard as one could imagine. At the end of the day you still support your team. You don't see Robinho and Robben in your stadium, right, but well I can live without the cúnts, at least for two seasons! :).

I want to keep the chin up, but, it's tough. Good I'm not too emotional -- I used to be more emotional when younger when it comes to football, but so many dissapointments somehow make you inmune.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat May 31, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Yesterday was my hardest day as a supporter. Min 90, 1-2 winning, and second. Min 92, 3-2 losing, and fourth. Gutted.

All that including two massive mistakes of my most criticised defender. Sometimes it's a nuisance being right. We bottled big time

It's gonna be difficult now. We need to win at home, and wait to Sporting to lose, OR, Malaga to draw. All games will be at home.

Mind you, the father of the chairman of Malaga has been reported because of trying to bribe (buy) a game. He's been caught even in a phone call admitting he tried to buy a game (th e phone call it's in the internet, a total shame), and saying how in his opinion Sevilla At, the rival that was bought, wasn't pasive enough. He has been reported because he refused later to pay what he agreed, and the corrupt FIFA agent that made the deal has made the report in the Spanish F.A as revenge.

Well, you might think that's enough to remove points to Malaga right? but in this country these things will be swept under the carpet. Tomorrow they'll meet in the F.A, but probably won't do nothing about it. My only hope is this reaches to the ears of FIFA, and they make pressure to the Spanish F.A.

But as I say, I'm not very optimistic about the FA making justice here, even with all the evidence. They'll come up with something like being the father of the chairman doesn't relate you directly to the club, or something like that.
:no
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:22 pm

Sabre wrote:Yesterday was my hardest day as a supporter. Min 90, 1-2 winning, and second. Min 92, 3-2 losing, and fourth. Gutted.

That's a sickener, mate. :no What kind of matches do Malaga and Gijon face next weekend?  Hopefully Sociedad can bounce back with a big win and get some help elsewhere.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:25 pm

good that it all comes down to the last day though, eh sabes? :D

yesterday there was party atmosphere here is gijon - everybody was out in their red and white convinced that it was going to be the big day. then sporting bottled it - again! they've had enough chances to do it by now and have not come up with the goods each time. on the last day real and sporting are at home against mid table teams and i fancy real to do it, even though they'll have to win and sporting will have  to lose. its a shame the game isn't here and we could go along together - next season they won't be in the same division.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:32 pm

andy_g wrote:good that it all comes down to the last day though, eh sabes? :D

yesterday there was party atmosphere here is gijon - everybody was out in their red and white convinced that it was going to be the big day. then sporting bottled it - again! they've had enough chances to do it by now and have not come up with the goods each time. on the last day real and sporting are at home against mid table teams and i fancy real to do it, even though they'll have to win and sporting will have  to lose. its a shame the game isn't here and we could go along together - next season they won't be in the same division.

Oh, Sporting have it easier. If any, the most likely combination is that we win against Cordoba and Malaga draw against Tenerife.

So it's still possible we both go up.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:12 am

Sorry Sabre only just spotted this thread

What DAvid Vaughan is saying basically is

He joines Crewe as a nine year old but felt that the move was good and it was time to leave.  He joined Sociedad because of Chris Coleman and was gutted he left but wants to get on with his job and impress the new coach although he is frustrated with being injured since October and wants to get back on the pitch to get his place

Him and his Mrs went on about their kid was just born when he moved and settling in etc.  He is learning Spanish but said he was a bit lazy with speaking english but now he reckons he has to improve his Spanish and is getting more serious about it.

He talks about his injury again and how he is frustrated to watch the team but reckons that Prez? who has replaced him has done well and risen to the occasion and he now has a fight on his hands to get his place back

He talks abou how Toshack is in regular contact with him and encourages him even with his injury and what an honour to play for Wales etc etc.

He finishes with saying he wants to stay but will want to return to Britain in a few years time but he is also uncertain of the next few months but stated he wants to be in Spain next season

Pretty standard Sabre to be honest, I get the impression he is happy with the club and the coach even though he respects Coleman but he did sound uncertain as to the future direction of the club especially regarding himself.  The article also mentione Toshacks respect for the club.  I have seen an interview welsh Television did with Toshack where he is having a meal in some Basque restaurant and how much he loves the Basque country and then Spain :D

I hope this is ok
Mr Taff :cool:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:57 am

Yeh, thank you very much for that.

Vaughan came from Division one I think, but I think he could do well in the Championship, because he's good enough for segunda.

The reinforcement they borught Nacho Perez has been a regular primera player and is indeed tough competitio for him... yet many of use like a lot the fact that Vaughan isn't a merchant of tricks, but makes very few mistakes. I hope he stays.

Cheers for that Taff mate :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion