Real sociedad - Life in segunda

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:37 pm

Well, well, well.

Real Sociedad 0 - 2 Castellon.

Not really a surprise, and it's not Coleman's fault. We have financial troubles, we've sold players, and we have a load of youngsters. Coleman was told that the local thugs were good enough, and he accepted the challenge. The problem is that the CB are not good enough, and many positions are not good enough.

When you don't have quality, you can work a team. Train some simple plays, overlaps, and you can have a decent football team. That's what Coleman must do now.

Actually the segunda division is not that bad. Tactically the opposition was a decent team, and I enjoyed the match. You don't have on front of you Ronaldinhos or Owens that change the game in a minute, but I could see there some good set pieces deployment and decent football (all this in the opposition).

It's hard watching my local team after watching my team of the islands. It's not only the difference of quality, it's aswell the tactics, how much better you press, and how much better the attitude is. Football wise, it's nice to see the differences because then you appreciate better how many things does well Liverpool.

Curiously, after 40 years in primera, I'm not gutted. It's just hard times, and you feel somehow well seeing that your crowd is not a bunch of bandwagon supporters as other teams.

It's difficult to explain this to you lot, who actually are in a moment of glory, but I think you'll understand, because when you were relegated you were with your team through thick and thin, and so would be if harder times would come.

I have the stadium 5 mins away walking and I will always support RS, but I'm afraid, Liverpool is going to be the only team that will put some joy in my heart this season. Do not put money in Real Sociedad, if you like bets, mates.

P.S. I trust Coleman, and that baldie that has brought, Steve Kean, I'm sure he'll sort out some things because within the total disaster, he was able to spot what's going wrong in the pitch and tried to correct it. I like how honest he is aswell.

P.S2 I opened a new thread because it's not la liga, and it was some sort of confession of how you feel in a different division. I always thought it would be a total disaster, but when it happens, you realise you support  a team no matter what and life continues.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:39 pm

Unlucky mate, it's still early days though.

The last thing I heard about Coleman was that he'd signed a player from Crewe for £300,000 or so? Vaughan I think?

Anyway, Coleman is a very astute manager who will persevere until he gets it right - his attitude and approach is top notch.

I can't say I know too much about the segunda division, but I imagine that the motivation to play in La Liga is as much the same as it is here with the Championship (2nd division). There must be about 10 teams every season who have a realistic shout of attaining promotion.

Good luck and keep us updated.
LFC2007

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:03 am

yeah just as the song says mate - through the wind and the rain and though your dreams be tossed and blown.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:18 am

Coleman needs to temper the Basque players with some of his Welsh lads...now that would make for a cracking team! :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:27 am

I wish Bad Bob. But there's a clique in the press and a sector of the crowd, which ironically is not even a majority that get nervous if we have too many foreign lads. No clue about football, more interested in nationalism than anything else. Fúckwits. Now the board, since they have no money has decide to appease them and play almost completely with locals (we always had our share of locals, but now more)

What's worse, they overrate the local players to ridiculous heights, and they delude themselves thinking that you can sell Alonso, and you'll have another one the next year.

Vaughan will come, and probably a Crewe Alexandra player will put in perspective the quality of some of our local lads.

Coleman has a tough job on front
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:45 pm

The worst thing above all when you are just relegated is just that: the impression the football played causes on you, especially when used to see elite football, I´m sure you´ll get used to it, and, what is more important, the club and the squad itself will have to get used to it, even if they are all new players, they know what that shirt represents and I think it will have some time to change mind and shape it to segunda division; anyway, at the same time, what that shirt represents will make them play proudly and, at the same time, the shirt will scare a lot of opponents (hopefully). Be confident, big clubs always return.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:03 am

Huck wrote:The worst thing above all when you are just relegated is just that: the impression the football played causes on you, especially when used to see elite football, I´m sure you´ll get used to it, and, what is more important, the club and the squad itself will have to get used to it, even if they are all new players, they know what that shirt represents and I think it will have some time to change mind and shape it to segunda division; anyway, at the same time, what that shirt represents will make them play proudly and, at the same time, the shirt will scare a lot of opponents (hopefully). Be confident, big clubs always return.

Yeh, and we will. But not with this generation of heartless locals mate. They insist a lot (the nationalists) in recovering identity, and they think it's a matter of putting basque men in the pitch. But identity is valours, whatever happened to our toughness? whatever happened to our strong players?

Back in the eighties our 13 years lads grew in pitches of gravel, and bad grass. Now many of them play in synthetic grass. They don't have to play in fields full of mud any more. I don't know if it's that or overall education, but something is wrong around here Huck.

Thank God Alonso left that environment soon enough in order they recovered him for toughness in liverpool, because with that bunch of accommodated girls mate, we're reaching nowhere.

About the impress of the elite football. Pah. I've seen from Stielike to Maradona, Romario, and the stuff. But since I watch football I watch low categories, and I like football in every category. And for that matter I didn't see a bad team on front of me mate. It's the lack of ambition and willing to fight, it's the lack of fight --remember the times when madrid players admitted they were afraid to come to San Sebastian?- what does my head in.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:22 am

Sounds like RS might have been better off keeping "the other Alonso", mate--to keep the fans happy, if nothing else.  I'm not sure he's going to be pulling up any trees at Bolton.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:25 am

Neither will Garrido once Man City is put under pressure. I'll invite you to a beer for every siding tackle you see doing to any of this players. Pennant is going to have a great game against Man City. They leave too much space when marking, Garrido especifically is slow in turn, soft in tackle and only thinks on not doing mistakes that put himself in evidence. Tosh.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:11 am

I read today that Sociadad are after Harry Kewell. I hope Coleman is just having a laugh because Kewell is (was) a great player and I was hoping that he would get the chance to prove that this season for Liverpool.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:22 am

Fair play to you Sabre.

I think Chris Coleman will come good with your team, if the directors dont get to knee jerky.

PS S@int, Kewell probably wouldnt mind a move there, he'll get a lot of sun bathing time, when not in the physio's room.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:27 am

s@int wrote:I read today that Sociadad are after Harry Kewell. I hope Coleman is just having a laugh because Kewell is (was) a great player and I was hoping that he would get the chance to prove that this season for Liverpool.

Just commented it in the Harry thread mate. Rs has not the money, and Kewell would never go to a lower division team in Spain.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:09 am

Heh, Vaughan has turned out to be a true red, and his fav player was one that yet famous, he's not mentioned as the fav by many, John Barnes.

Eibar 0 - 1 Real Sociedad in the first Coleman victory. Kean was surprised to see that he could play in an english atmosphere in Spain. He was also surprised to see the most famous peña of Eibar, dressed up as Scottish (with skirts and everything). In that ground of my province, a real admiration for english football exists, and the classic shout of their crowd when they are playing well, is Eibarpool!!! Eibarpool! :D

It was a fought game with a lot of divided balls and aerieal balls, and RS managed to win, which is not easy in that ground. At least Coleman will be able to work with more calmness now.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:17 pm

I like Coleman-Kean.

Real Sociedad is getting better and I trust them. I say them, because when I've seen the training sessions I'd say Kean has more weight in the football stuff. We have not managers here, just coaches, but I feel Coleman is some sort of motivator manager, that manages very well the press, and knows well what to tell the players to motivate them. But if we talk about coaching, and football decissions, I don't think he does much of that without Steve Kean.

Interesting the english managers in Spain. Interesting. BTW, he doesn't like rotations :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 pm

01     Málaga  6  6  0  0  15  5  18

02     Sporting Gijón  6  4  2  0  12  3  14

03     Numancia  6  4  1  1  13  6  13

04     Racing Ferrol  6  4  1  1  11  6  13

05     Hércules  6  3  2  1  10  8  11

06     Sevilla Atlético  6  3  2  1  7  5  11

07     Castellón  6  3  1  2  10  7  10