Real sociedad - Life in segunda

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:58 pm

The worst thing about Sociedad being beaten by a late goal which condemned them to another year of second division football, is that it was scored by Michael Thomas wearing an Arsenal away kit from 1989.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:31 pm

You do remember goals like that when that happens, Manhattan project.

The difference is that Liverpool fought for top glory, and RS fought for not having yet another problem as the situation is dire in all fronts.

But well, a supporter must be there in those tough moments aswell, Liverpool fans understand that better than anybody

:;):
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Some of you ask me from time to time how's doing my local club.

Actually, fine.

1 Hércules 8
2 R.Sociedad 8
3 Castellón 8
4 Rayo 8
5 Salamanca 8
6 Girona 7
7 Tenerife 7
8 Levante 7
9 Eibar 7
10 Huesca 6
11 Xerez 6
12 Zaragoza 5
13 Gimnástic 5
14 Las Palmas 5
15 Alavés 5
16 Albacete 4
17 Córdoba 4
18 Sevilla At 3
19 Alicante 2
20 Murcia 1
21 Celta 1
22 Elche 0

After playing Hercules away, Zaragoza away (primera last season), Murcia at home And Las Palmas at home, we have 2 draws, and 2 wins. Not bad considering Zaragoza and Murcia are supposed to have a squad for promotion.

The local goal poacher De Cerio has two already, and Prieto is frightening the right wing, he couldn't play the last match because of the kicks of the previous match. In the King's Cup we went through against Zaragoza again, so good start of the season. In Lillo (the coach) I trust.

He's anti Rafa, meaning, Antirotationist and and Anti Aiestaran: he doesn't believe in thorough physical training sessions monitorized with computers. He's Argentinian in his style, and he's a great tactician and game reader. He stresses in posession game. Different approach, but I trust the man.

Now, a challenge. When I watch Liverpool and Real Sociedad the two teams I suffer with, besides the better football of Liverpool, there are differences as a fan.

A little challenge for you: can you remember a bigger robbery than this?

Minute 80, 0-1 winning at Alicante (Hercules), and the ref concedes penalty to them.

Click here if it doesn't appear directly

No big deal, you'd say. But then the robbery.

Robbery

Our keeper stops the penalty and the ref says to repeat it!!!!!!!!! :D Can you remember such a robbery against Liverpool as of late?
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:07 pm

You think that's robbery Sabre?

Check out the Watford v Reading game of last weekend.
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Sabre wrote:Some of you ask me from time to time how's doing my local club.

Actually, fine.

1 Hércules 8
2 R.Sociedad 8
3 Castellón 8
4 Rayo 8
5 Salamanca 8
6 Girona 7
7 Tenerife 7
8 Levante 7
9 Eibar 7
10 Huesca 6
11 Xerez 6
12 Zaragoza 5
13 Gimnástic 5
14 Las Palmas 5
15 Alavés 5
16 Albacete 4
17 Córdoba 4
18 Sevilla At 3
19 Alicante 2
20 Murcia 1
21 Celta 1
22 Elche 0

After playing Hercules away, Zaragoza away (primera last season), Murcia at home And Las Palmas at home, we have 2 draws, and 2 wins. Not bad considering Zaragoza and Murcia are supposed to have a squad for promotion.

The local goal poacher De Cerio has two already, and Prieto is frightening the right wing, he couldn't play the last match because of the kicks of the previous match. In the King's Cup we went through against Zaragoza again, so good start of the season. In Lillo (the coach) I trust.

He's anti Rafa, meaning, Antirotationist and and Anti Aiestaran: he doesn't believe in thorough physical training sessions monitorized with computers. He's Argentinian in his style, and he's a great tactician and game reader. He stresses in posession game. Different approach, but I trust the man.

Now, a challenge. When I watch Liverpool and Real Sociedad the two teams I suffer with, besides the better football of Liverpool, there are differences as a fan.

A little challenge for you: can you remember a bigger robbery than this?

Minute 80, 0-1 winning at Alicante (Hercules), and the ref concedes penalty to them.

Click here if it doesn't appear directly

No big deal, you'd say. But then the robbery.

Robbery

Our keeper stops the penalty and the ref says to repeat it!!!!!!!!! :D Can you remember such a robbery against Liverpool as of late?

Why did the referee order a retake, Sabre?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:59 pm

The rules of football say that the keeper must be over the line until the moment the shooter strikes the ball. Bravo made a step forward -- a movement that 9 out of 10 goalies do-- just half a second before, so technically he was right.

But the penalty that was taken afterwards could have been retaken for the same reason, just like 95% of penalties.

The rule was even more strict 10 years ago, when the goalies had to be not only over the line but stand still, meaning no Dudek movements were allowed. But that restriction was removed recently.

In a nutshell, he ordered it to be retaken because he's a cúnt. :D

As for the WAtford-Reading game, I looked in the thread but the youtube video is remove
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:14 pm

Fair enough. He was obviously an Alicante fan... :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:35 am

Harsh that. Are you sure it wasn't retaken because of 'encroaching' into the area - if you watch the ref closely, he appears to be watching the RS player nearest to him. Almost as though expecting that he would enter the penalty area early. Keeper makes a step forward its true...but certainly not any where near as bad as some infringements we have seen. Like i say, its a tough break that one.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:15 pm

In the game he didn't give explanations, but in the paper he has to fill in after the game (record?) the ref said he ordered to retake it because the linesman told him to. So it was the linesman' call and the reason was the step according to what the ref wrote.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Gijon getting beat 7-1 by Real Madrid after getting beat 6-1 by Barca in their last game  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:15 am

<Bantering>

Sporting Gijon is a record holder in the Spanish league, they're the team to be demoted with least points the last time they were relegated. Will they beat it this year? World record holder is Derby County who were promoted with 11 points, 2 less than Sporting

</Hello Andy>

:D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:15 pm

LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:34 pm

It's not necessary to say former RS player, as most of their decent players are former RS player.

Etxeberria is a cúnt. What kind of cúnt? the kind of cúnt that will show you a lot of bills from the bus as in "look how rich I am". I watched it with my own eyes :no (while we threw stones to their bus :D -- I was 17).

Ok, now I'll be objective:

Etxeberria was the "golden boot" in sub 17 world cup. He went to the Spanish A team soon enough, and since 6 years ago his career has gone downhill. 3 goals in 5 years for a striker says it all for a player that has been Spanish international.

The reasons are many but it's not a coincidence that the other international they had, Julen Guerrero (this player is a gentleman despite being of the arch enemy) suffered a similar syndrome.  Both were offered massive long contracts and both had their position safe. I think they lost the interest in football. In Etxeberria's case, he relied a lot on the explosions, he started to run with great acceleration. When he lost that he lost most of his game.

The gesture? it's a way to ensure his future. He has two options, ask for his last year of contract, and end his relationship with the club, or play for the club and then staying in it as a coach or something else -- quite typical in our archenemy and one of the things that hinders them. So it's a nice gesture yes, but quite a clever thing to do aswell.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Sabre wrote:

It's not necessary to say former RS player, as most of their decent players are former RS player.

Etxeberria is a cúnt. What kind of cúnt? the kind of cúnt that will show you a lot of bills from the bus as in "look how rich I am". I watched it with my own eyes :no (while we threw stones to their bus :D -- I was 17).

:laugh:  :laugh:

You cynic Sabre  :D

BTW, are you watching the Celta Vigo match?
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:49 pm

No, there's no TV in that game. I'm listening to the radio. Don't ask.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion