Real sociedad - Life in segunda

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:25 pm

:down: as in, what a fúcking idiot is the chairman who let him go.

Pako's plan is to live in Liverpool until summer. Then he must decide whether to start his career alone somewhere else (as he initially planned in his childhood team RS), OR accept an offer to be a physical prep or assitant manager somewhere else (he has offers from Barcelona among others).
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:51 pm

"Propaganda"

What a great name for a media group
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:48 am

Fourth in the table behind Sporting Gijón, with five games to play, and four or maybe five points to make up - depending on GD.

Remaining league fixtures in chronological order:

Real Sociedad

RS v Granada 74

Tenerife v RS

RS v Salamanca

Alavés v RS

RS v Córdoba

Sporting Gijón

Sporting v Salamanca

Alavés v Sporting

Sporting v Córdoba

Castellón v Sporting

Sporting v Eibar

Who will win the race to reach the Primera?

Also, I was reading some old threads;

You read it here first. Watch out this youngster striker of RS next season: Diaz de Cerio

This was before RS were relegated, but he's now your most prolific player with 14 goals thus far.

The RS CB Gerardo has 13 yellow cards, and the MF Garitano has 10  :oh:

Fouling your way to promotion eh Sabre?  :D
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Fri May 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Cheers for having a look in my humble local club :)

We'll promote, I'm happy clappy remember? :D
Seriously at some point we were 16 points away of Malaga and now we're 4 away. Personally I trust that we'll get both Sporting and Malaga, I like our calendar more.

In terms of points and standing table, you can't measure well the difficulty of the next games. For instance Malaga will have a very hard end of the liga because they have plenty of games in Andalucia, that means derbies, rivalries, hard pitches, few football and difficult to win matches.

Yes, I'm happy with De Cerio. Coleman thought that since he's small he could be a winger. He soon realised he was a striker. At the end the little youth system player convinced Coleman with his opportunism and goals. He's a poacher, his main strenght is to be in the proper place to tap in the ball. He already has offers from Zaragoza and others, but the lad is loyal. So 14 goals makes him the best scorer in Segunda, because the other two players that have 17 and 18 goals have scored 5 penalties each. 14 goals, when he hasn't played at some points of the season is a very good season for the youngster.

Gerardo is the typical super seasoned primera player. Played with Valencia in a Champions League final, he has been in other primera teams too. Small, hard as rock and often gives that needed hard tackle to a somewhat soft team.

Garitano is our Hamman. He's good as Hamman without the ball but he's not as good with it :D that's why he hasn't played for Liverpool never. Not liked by the lovers of "Samba football" but his headers and tackles are bloody important.

We have aswell Aranburu and Prieto two primera midfielders that chose to stay despite the offers and relegation and we love them for that . Prieto is good, but maybe for a Tottenham not a Liverpool. Rafa has a right on this player, if RS wants to sell him, Liverpool have the right to match the offer -- he reached that agreement in the Gonzalez loan.

Aranburu is a player I'd like some of you to watch. Perfect companion for Alonso. In the season we were second in the liga 4 years ago, Alonso made the long passes, Aranburu ran with the ball when necessary. He dominates both feet well (it would be hard for you to say whether he's left or right handed) and runs with the ball stuck to the feet. The other mentionable player is Marti, who has come from Sevilla. He hasn't dissapointed, a great midfielder. Our problem is in the youth and unexperience of our back -- bar Gerardo, and that we  hadn't a left winger due to the injury of Vaughan -- a decent player. But I think we'll make it.

Exciting end of season, and I'm confident. Tomorrow very important match.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri May 16, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 16, 2008 5:15 pm

Sociedad should be in the top league, because they are Basques and the Basque Country looks nice.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 16, 2008 5:25 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Sociedad should be in the top league, because they are Basques and the Basque Country looks nice.

LOL, cheers Manhattan.

I don't know where you got your opinion on Basques from, but this image of basques you can see in a McGyver chapter is so unreal that even a Manhattan view would be realistic in comparison :D

McGyver and Basques

We don't leave in the mountains, we don't jump in the rocks, that shout is folklore, not a war shout :D Even in Spanish, hillarious.

Mc Gyver: Why were you kidnapped
Kidnapped woman: I don't know, I'm a geologist.
Mc Gyver: I suspect that this people doesn't distinguish a geologist and an atomic bomb scientific.

:D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat May 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Fourth in the table behind Sporting Gijón, with five games to play, and four or maybe five points to make up - depending on GD.

Update:

Sporting 0 - 0 Salamanca
Real Sociedad 3 - 1 Granada 74
Xerez 2 - Castellon 1

The table

2.-Sporting 65
3.-Tenerife 64, plays tomorrow.
4.-Real Sociedad 63, cuts 2 points difference to Sporting.
5.-Castellon 57 Without options, it seems.

4 games to go, and yet a bit more confident after today's 3-1
Last edited by Sabre on Sat May 17, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:37 pm

Its looking good Sabre!

Just pray Tenerife loose tomorrow!
Good luck to Coleman and R Sociedad.I always liked Coleman from interveiws after games,he always came across as humble and honest in his view of how games went!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat May 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Number 9 wrote:Its looking good Sabre!

Good luck to Coleman and R Sociedad.I always liked Coleman from interveiws after games,he always came across as humble and honest in his view of how games went!

Spain is different. Coleman was sácked. And the one who replaced him was sácked aswell. Lillo is the current coach, with a record of 4 victories, 3 draws, and no defeats.

Coleman signed for Coventry months ago, and he avoided barely the relegation, which was the goal when he signed.

Coleman though, earned the respect of most people here, except the current chairman.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat May 17, 2008 11:02 pm

Sabre wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Its looking good Sabre!

Spain is different. Coleman was sácked. And the one who replaced him was sácked aswell. Lillo is the current coach, with a record of 4 victories, 3 draws, and no defeats.

Coleman signed for Coventry months ago, and he avoided barely the relegation, which was the goal when he signed.

Coleman though, earned the respect of most people here, except the current chairman.

Shows you how much i follow Spanish football!!lol

Good luck anyway lad,I hope you go up! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun May 18, 2008 12:22 am

Great game earlier tonight.

Murcia 3 Barcelona 5

:laugh:

Tomorrow, I'm expecting Levante and Real Madrid to hold hands and sing "Workers Of The World Unite!!!"
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:10 am

Sabre wrote:

Update:

Sporting 0 - 0 Salamanca
Real Sociedad 3 - 1 Granada 74
Xerez 2 - Castellon 1

The table

2.-Sporting 65
3.-Tenerife 64, plays tomorrow.
4.-Real Sociedad 63, cuts 2 points difference to Sporting.
5.-Castellon 57 Without options, it seems.

4 games to go, and yet a bit more confident after today's 3-1

Nice one mate - it looks* like a big result as the longer they kept up a 4pt lead - the greater it would affect your team's mentality, and thus ability to recover the 4 points.

*I can't say I know much about the level of each club as I can't watch the Segunda division.

Question for you; what is the average gate attendance for a Segunda game?
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Sun May 18, 2008 12:03 pm

You mean in Anoeta (RS) or overall?

If it's the latter, I'd answer it depends on the crowd and the situation.

For instance Cadiz, a classic team in Spain with many years in primera, have a loyal bunch supporting them, and even in lower positions of segunda they have a hell of support in their stadium, classic souther warmth.

San Sebastian crowd is well behaved but not hot, but we're loyal. We have 32000 seats, we have added 2000 wooden seats behind the goal for the children, and in yesterday match we occupied 80% of seats. When it comes to away trips we have travelled in greater numbers even than in primera.

Sporting Gijon now are having a lot of support, but in their last 10 years in segunda -- they used to be a primera classic -- they left down their team with attendances of 8000 people out of the 23000 the Molinon has. Celta de Vigo, another classic, is suffering something similar.

In a nutshell mate, in Spain we have a core of loyal supporters in each team that can be greater or smaller, but you also have this kind of fan that only likes to watch the team when they're in primera and they can watch Messi. Those fans, do not have that english phiosophy of going to support a club, but they have the philosophy you have when you go to a theatre: they go to a show, and they want a good show. If they don't get it, they boo and whistle. A shame.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:01 pm

You get those here too Sabre, perhaps not as many though.

I'm interested to know what the (mean) average attendance is for the division, as I'd seen the figures for the Championship (English second division) and it was about 17,000.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Sun May 18, 2008 2:27 pm

17000 is a considerable attendance, and my hunch, without checking the real figures is that Spanish numbers are sensibly smaller.

This is related to the not homogeneus share I told you once the Spanish football have when it comes to football money and infrastructure. Ejido, Granada 74 (a club that bought his place with money, not promotion), Racing Ferrol, and actually most of the stadiums in segunda do not have more than 17000, for starters because their stadiums do not hold as much!

They gather a decent team by having a business man that invests money in the team, but do not have a football tradition in their backs, and most of their fans support a team of primera of their area of influence. Exception to this rule Castellon, Malaga, Elche, Hercules, Cadiz, Gijon and Celta, who do have a tradition and stadiums of consierable size.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun May 18, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion