Real sociedad - Life in segunda

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Yes I was being quiet about this because news were running fast. Badiola announcing Zigic and the stuff, this man and Pako has supposed a revolution, both in the football side, and both in the financial muscle Badiola and his enterprises seem to have.

Pako and Badiola, elected.

BUt COleman probably will continue in RS, at least until summer. Coleman has the total support of the players, and a good amount of supporters including me reckon that he's done a good job under very difficult circunstances, with all the pressure of the world, and with a young squad. RS for it's history is FORCED to promote, but COleman has been working with no money and a lot of youngsters.

Apparently Pako and Badiola has reckoned aswell it would be unwise to sack the coach who has the team behind him and they've reached an agreement so he continues. I think it's the best path, I don't think it's good idea to sack him.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:18 pm

apparently sociedad want insua on loan until the end of the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:04 pm

stmichael wrote:apparently sociedad want insua on loan until the end of the season.

Well, yes, and no :D

I'm not writing about the recent events because there's a lot of things happening and everything will settle this thursday, when Coleman decides whether he continues or not.

I explain. The board that led us to segunda signed up Coleman, and Iriarte, the football director.

Coleman said at the time that if the board that brought him left, he'd leave. He also said that he's working on a set of youngsters, and bringing 5 or 6 signing ups would break a lot of work, he said he wanted to work with this basque set of players. He didn't want more than one or two signings.

Now Badiola and Aiestaran have come, triumphed massively in the election, and the first thing they've realised is that Coleman has all the support of the team. He really have the lads behind him. So Badiola and Aiestaran have told Coleman that he can stay if he wants, but that in their opinion, we need 6 signing ups, as the squad is not good enough to promote for sure (we're 4 points away of promotion, and I agree, Coleman has done a good work with the youngsters but some of them are not good enough). So Coleman has been told that he can continue if he accepts the signing ups, and Coleman has asked 2 days to think about it.

So Insua, was a proposal of the OLD football director. One of the two signings they wanted to do. I knew this 5 days ago, but since the old football director was going to leave, I didn't share it here.

I don't know as of yet whether Insua is one of the men Aiestaran wants to bring. What Aiestaran wants is what matters, and Insua was a target of the old director. So nothing as of yet.

It wouldn't surprise me though that since Aiestaran is incharge one of the targets could be a Liverpool young player. I'll let you know.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:12 pm

4 points off third spot is pretty good I think, I take it the top three teams get promoted and there isn't a play off system?
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:14 pm

Correct.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Pako Aiestaran has said that the experience in Liverpool has marked him for all his life. He describes his experience as marvellous.

Asked for the signing ups he wants to bring to Real Sociedad and whether that would put in danger RS' identity, he has answered that he'll count with the youngsters, but also sign up player where's needed. He has added that he hasn't known a club with deeper roots, deeper identity and deeper link between fans and team than Liverpool, so it's actually possible to have all the identity of the world even with foreign guys playing (I agree, as long as there are a bunch of locals in case of RS).

About his Liverpool departure, "I didn't want to leave the club, The Club didn't want me to leave, but we saw that it wasn't possible to continue (with Rafa) this way".

---

Sooner or later I'll find Pako and make him questions now he's on the town.

-----

He just used Carra and Agger to make his point of identity (He's in a conference press). "Carra and Agger are scousers". "They'd like to play with 23 Scousers, and if they were from their own neighbourhood even the better". "But they're clever, and they want to compete, they want to play alongside Reina, Mascherano, Alonso".

He just said he's in love with Liverpool aswell, and that he would have been happily enough in Liverpool all his career, especially because of the club.

It's relevant mates to know that at least when it comes to inner procedures in the club, Pako was impressed. It's important that Pako speaks well of this.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Nice to know how Pako felt about Liverpool.  It's just a shame he had to go that way.  I wish him all best in his new job.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:36 pm

As much as I'm a Rafa defender, that words are a proof that the "latin contingent" won't leave necessarily if Rafa leaves. The Club is what is hooking and attractive, more than any personel of the club.

Pako Aiestaran has made history in San Sebastian. Besides his comments about Liverpool, he has sat down, and put in their place all the local journo fúckwits. He has told them what I've always thought, and I'm chuffed.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:07 pm

You've signed Fran Merida from Arsenal, a decent little player I hear, but very young (17).
LFC2007

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:31 am

Wow ! From those picks MHP posted up, where you live looks lovely Sabre, and the aerial view of the place makes it look like a town not a village, which was the impression I always got from it. Crikey you have three bridges ! :D  The cove/bay looks lovely.

Is it good fishing around there Sabre ? If so what kind of fish ?

Saying that though and knowing what the Spanish are like its probably ALL fished out, the cheeky feckers fished out our waters to (British not Australian) :angry:
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:55 am

Bamaga man wrote:Wow ! From those picks MHP posted up, where you live looks lovely Sabre, and the aerial view of the place makes it look like a town not a village, which was the impression I always got from it. Crikey you have three bridges ! :D  The cove/bay looks lovely.

Is it good fishing around there Sabre ? If so what kind of fish ?

Saying that though and knowing what the Spanish are like its probably ALL fished out, the cheeky feckers fished out our waters to (British not Australian) :angry:

Of course we fished your and Irish waters. But after paying for the right to your government, and well paid if I may add, English diplomatics are well known for doing good business and being tough negotiators :P

Yes, it's a town more than a village. 200.000 people. We have internet, radio, and we don't use horses for going to work for quite a while :D

Yes we fish. The rivers are clean enough to fish this ones (sorry the dictionary is bad for translating the fish names)

The locals fish them in the port or one of the rivers for fun, and the french eat those fish aswell for some reason (we don't).

Fishing has little and decreasing importance in the economy of the zone, still it's an active one, and they fish

ImageImage[/img]http://animaleseinsectos.iespana.es/bacalao.jpg[/img]

among many others. But we fish in a traditional way, we don't use this nets that harrass everything :p
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:16 am

Are they big ?

the one on the bottom right is tiny, I'd use that fecker as bait.
66-1112520797

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:24 am

LFC2007 wrote:You've signed Fran Merida from Arsenal, a decent little player I hear, but very young (17).

I think its just a loan
JoeTerp

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:08 pm

It's a loan with a buy option at the end.

Yes Merida is the first of the signings, and as LFC says he's only 17. The local journos asked that to Aiestaran precisely, they asked him whether it's wise to bring a youngster of another system instead of an experienced player.

Aiestaran said that in his opinion experience and mature players are needed in certain positions like the CB or the MC, but that in the wing and some other positions youth is not a problem, where as he says Merida is a quality player that can play as an attacking mid or as a left mid.

Aiestaran as mentioned above made a lot of mentionings to Liverpool. He mentioned that he's not a self-teaching guy, that he wants to apply here the lots of things he's learned from many people in this years. When mentioning Carra and Agger, besides praising them with a "genius", he mentioned that they'd want aswell playing with players from Toxteth, but that they get along very well with the likes of Alonso and Mascherano because those show commitment to the club and the values of the club. Aiestaran insists that's the kind of identity he wants, and that it's not necessary to have all players local  -- the club is a club that always have played with at least half the team coming from the academy. In Aiestaran's opinion RS will always be a youth system based team but has to find a balance between being competitive and that. I totally agree. It's impossible to play with locals if your 2 best local midfielders of the decade are playing in Everton and Liverpool respectively.

Pako also mentioned Moore to explain that in a club individuals are not important, the important thing is the club. He mentioned how Moores loved Liverpool, how he once invested money on Liverpool, and how he realised it was the time to do a step back when he realised the club could not progress. He praised how Moores saw the big picture, and how despite even seen Moores crying when he left, he still took the best decisison for the club. Now Moores feels strangely when he's in the club, but still was valiant enough to take the best decission for the club.

I don't know what happened with Pako in Liverpool. I know though the problem was not with the players, nor the club but Rafa. And not just a heated discussion, but a growing incompatibilty between the two, as if there was not any possible solution
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:36 pm

1 week to go for the end of the first round (first 21 games) and Coleman has made a progress and has put the team 1 point off the promotion

Equipo P.J. P.G. P.E. P.P G.F. G.C. Ptos.
1 Málaga  40
2 Numancia 39
3 Sporting 32
4 Elche 20 32
5 R.Sociedad 31
6 Sevilla 31
7 Celta 29
8 Tenerife 29
9 Granada74  29  -- This club is one year old, they bought their place in segunda with money, a shame.
10 Eibar 29
11 Cádiz 28
12 Salamanca 27
13 Hércules 26
14 Córdoba  26
15 Castellón 25
16 Alavés  24
17 Gimnástic  21
18 Albacete  20
19 Las Palmas  20
20 Poli Ejido 20
21 R. Ferrol 17
22 Xerez 16

Real Sociedad supporter's split between those who think Coleman's job has been excellent and those who think it hasn't.

I'm of the first ones and think the ones that do not appreaciate Coleman's job are clueless. The team is very young, for instance when we sold Garrido to City we replaced him with a player coming from the youngsters. Out of the typical starting eleven of RS, 9 came from the youth team, and only 4 or them can be considered primera players with experience.

Coleman, with no signings until now, has done a remarkable job. Those who're against Coleman say that this club has been 40 years in a row in primera and quite simply we should be first. But they simply don't look at the squad, they simply look our reputation.

Now Aiestaran and him have reached an agreement. Coleman wanted to decide the signings but Aiestaran answered back he's in charge. Coleman won't leave anyway because the players have asked him to stay, and have accepted Pako's conditions.

Coleman didn't use Merida the Arsenal youngster because it was too early after only 2 training sessions. The names that the new board are shuffling to come to RS are being quite shocking, because they're approaching Mark Gonzalez, Zigic from Valencia, and Marti for Sevilla, and they're serious about it and close to reach an agreement.

The new board has quite a financial muscle. Some of the players brought wouldn't be bought by RS directly but by their enterprise, a bit like Mascherano's enterprise. Alongside this they have a plan to reduce the debt and all that. The new board has no football experience, but has aproached and convinced the right man (Pako) for that, and are all bank tycoons, so hopefully this new era will put the club where it deserves.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion