Greatest freekicks ever

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RedBen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 am

Effes wrote:
andy_g wrote:and some of the those with a series of one-twos through the box are just beautiful to watch.

Very similar to ours at home to Inter Milan in 1965.

Indeed, that was a beautiful goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_t3z_5R90M
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Great vid, thanks. The Liverpool second goal was beautifully executed.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:41 am

I looked at the thread title and thought "I bet THAT Roberto Carlos free-kick in Le Tournoi gets mentioned" Hey presto, another thread opened and I've already guessed the entire content of the opening post! (at least this one wasn't pretending to be funny)

Hard to say, I bet you see loads of better free-kicks in the Brazilian leagues. Most over-rated free-kick taker is a toss up between Beckham and Roberto Carlos. I thought Aurelio's against Chelsea was funny, Cech is over-rated and is getting caught out positionally and on crosses a lot more. A lot of people blame his head injury, I don't see how that can only affect him when he makes a mistake yet he still pulls off good saves etc. It's like saying Liverpool have only defended poorly at corners when the opposition score, we might not concede but it doesn't mean we defended it well.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion