Euro 2012 thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Two good games yesterday.

The first game in the first half the poles were well on top and must have got in behind on the right about 4 times in the first half.

They went in deservedly 1 up.
The sending off was a joke of the greek lad but it seemed to inspire them and they pulled together and in the second half they should have won.
The lad that came on equalised, won the penalty getting the keeper sent off and then had another goal disallowed for offside.

Second game the russians looked good apart from Kerzhakov who was hopeless, they could have seriously won by about 6 if he had his shooting boots on.

The lad who scored 2 for the russians looks a top player, his movement and awareness were class.
Czech republic were awful at the back though and are lucky they didnt get worse punishment.

The only player that stood out for them was the left winger who didnt look like a winger as he looks a little short and stocky but looked a very good player.

2 great games later  :)
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:09 pm wrote:Two good games yesterday.

The first game in the first half the poles were well on top and must have got in behind on the right about 4 times in the first half.

They went in deservedly 1 up.
The sending off was a joke of the greek lad but it seemed to inspire them and they pulled together and in the second half they should have won.
The lad that came on equalised, won the penalty getting the keeper sent off and then had another goal disallowed for offside.

Second game the russians looked good apart from Kerzhakov who was hopeless, they could have seriously won by about 6 if he had his shooting boots on.

The lad who scored 2 for the russians looks a top player, his movement and awareness were class.
Czech republic were awful at the back though and are lucky they didnt get worse punishment.

The only player that stood out for them was the left winger who didnt look like a winger as he looks a little short and stocky but looked a very good player.

2 great games later  :)

Dzagoev, top class player only 21 as well.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:29 pm

First time i have seen him you know, who does he play for MH ?

The dutch one down but dominating posession, system isnt working for me.

I would have Huntelaar in the side with Van Persie and Robben either side of him in a 3 man attack
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Dutch has an average back four, none of them are doing a proper job defending. They missed loads of chances and Denmark are doing well closing them down. Still have a feeling that Holland will score.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:17 pm

RVP is really struggling.

Cant believe we have not seen Van der Vaart or Huntelaar yet based on how the dutch are being so wasteful so far.
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:53 pm

I really didn't see this one coming, Holland were absolutely wasteful, but credit to Denmark they produced a superb performance at the back. Superb game from Agger and Kjaer
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:04 pm

metalhead » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:53 pm wrote:I really didn't see this one coming, Holland were absolutely wasteful, but credit to Denmark they produced a superb performance at the back. Superb game from Agger and Kjaer

Looked short on ideas Holland and surprisingly their better chances came from early balls into the box, a more direct approach.

You dont associate that with the dutch at all and i think they were too deep and having two defensive midfielders against Denmark when you know you are going to dominate posession is a bit strange for me.

Agger was MOM definitely.
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Germany v Portugal was a borefest, the game picked up when Germany scored. Portugal were playing for a point the entire game parking the bus until they were 1-0 down. Mesut Ozil was the standout player for me though, his passing was superb. Kudos to Badstuber and Hummels who were rock solid, but Lahm had an awful game, Nani caused him loads of problems.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:28 pm

metalhead » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 pm wrote:.... but Lahm had an awful game, Nani caused him loads of problems.

Every time I have seen him play this past year or so he seems to have an off night.  Seems to have regressed a bit.  I think he used to play better when he was used on the left side.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:40 am

wasnt that impressed with any of the sides yesterday, holland wasted some great chances and looked a bit ropey at the back, especially in the fullback positions, denmark did okay but they look a functional side and a bit toothless up front, as well as agger and the other centre half played holland should have scored at least 2, van persie couldnt even do the basics yesterday, he couldnt even trap a bag of cement, he was clean through a couple of times but couldnt even control the ball.
germany werent that impressive either, they usually grow into a tournament though so i wouldnt read too much into yesterdays performance but it has to be said when portugal decided to have a go they created some good chances that really should have been put away. germany got a bit of luck with their goal as well with the deflected cross (not to mention the one off the bar). holland are under tremendous pressure now, if denmark beat portugal and they dont beat germany on wednesday they could be out after just 2 games.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Germany were okay yesterday, Portugal made it hard with their negative anti-football tactics. I'm sure as the tournament progresses they'll become much, much better.
Boxscarf

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Strange side out for Spain.  No striker, Ramos at CB.  Alonso I think just got his first touch of the match at the half hour mark.  Italy has had the better chances so far.  If I'm Del Bosque I'd take out one of the 6 midfielders and put Negredo up top, and swap Arbelloa and Ramos.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:41 pm

The Good Yank » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:32 pm wrote:Strange side out for Spain.  No striker, Ramos at CB.  Alonso I think just got his first touch of the match at the half hour mark.  Italy has had the better chances so far.  If I'm Del Bosque I'd take out one of the 6 midfielders and put Negredo up top, and swap Arbelloa and Ramos.

Speaking as an Irishman, I'm scared sh!tless of playing either of them :(
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:47 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:41 pm wrote:
The Good Yank » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:32 pm wrote:Strange side out for Spain.  No striker, Ramos at CB.  Alonso I think just got his first touch of the match at the half hour mark.  Italy has had the better chances so far.  If I'm Del Bosque I'd take out one of the 6 midfielders and put Negredo up top, and swap Arbelloa and Ramos.

Speaking as an Irishman, I'm scared sh!tless of playing either of them :(

Me too.  That's why I'm hoping for three points in this match now.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Not exactly the start I was hoping for.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion