Euro 2012 thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 24, 2012 11:20 am

SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 24, 2012 11:16 am wrote:
Boxscarf » Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 am wrote:England first match against France will be a key indication on how England will do.

i reckon it will be 1-1

a tight win against Sweden - 1-0

with a big win against Ukraine - 3-0

England will lose 3 nil against France and then draw against the other 2
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 am

I reckon it will be

England 1-2 France.

Sweden 1-1 England

England 2-0 Ukraine.
Boxscarf

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:03 am

France are shocking England will smash em 3-0
Then move on to a 4-0 demolition of Sweden
Before wiping the floot with ukaraine in a 2-0 win

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 25, 2012 12:37 pm

RichardLFC1 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:03 am wrote:France are shocking England will smash em 3-0
Then move on to a 4-0 demolition of Sweden
Before wiping the floot with ukaraine in a 2-0 win

how many hatricks do you think they will get in the final?
your not allowed to include the one's they hammer past spain and germany on route to the final now as thats cheating :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 pm

englands problem has always been delusions of grandeur, they always try to outplay sides instead of playing to their strengths.
they should use the denmark side of 92 and the greek side of the early 2000`s as their blueprint. those sides made themselves hard to beat and hit teams on the break or from set pieces. the greeks in particular were very good at set pieces and to be fair a lot of international sides struggle to defend dead ball situations.
no matter how good the likes of gerrard and rooney are they are not going to outplay the xavi`s, iniesta`s and alonso`s at their own game.
england should pick players to suit a system instead of the best 11 english players in the league.
it may sound radical but playing andy carroll and peter crouch up front would give a lot of international sides problems, especially if they were joined in the opposition box by players like richards, terry, cahill and even lescott every time england won a free kick or corner.
if it was me incharge i`d swallow my pride and fill the midfield with grafters like parker and just bore everyone sh*tless, whenever we win a fee kick or corner then get everyone in the box.
i think thats the only way england have any chance of winning any tournament, we just dont produce players comfortable enough in posession to beat the spain`s, holland`s and germany`s at their own game.
the delusions of grandeur come from the press more than anywhere else, the sooner those southern hacks realise that our players arent good enough to play total football or anything remotely like it the better.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 29, 2012 11:26 am

woys final selection for the tournament.
Roy Hodgson: Has confirmed his squad for Poland and Ukraine
Sky Bet

England's Next Match
England 1/2
Draw 3/1
Belgium 6/1
To Reach Euro 2012 Semi Final
£10 Free Bet
England manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed his final 23-man party for the European Championship and both Danny Welbeck and Glen Johnson are included.

The Manchester United striker and Liverpool full-back have both been struggling with injury since linking up with England having been named in the initial squad earlier this month.

Hodgson had admitted concerns about the pair, but after talks with the Three Lions medical team - they have both been included.

England have also confirmed their squad numbers for the tournament in Poland and Ukraine.

Squad numbers

1 JOE HART

2 GLEN JOHNSON

3 ASHLEY COLE

4 STEVEN GERRARD

5 GARY CAHILL

6 JOHN TERRY

7 THEO WALCOTT

8 FRANK LAMPARD

9 ANDY CARROLL

10 WAYNE ROONEY

11 ASHLEY YOUNG

12 LEIGHTON BAINES

13 ROBERT GREEN

14 PHIL JONES

15 JOLEON LESCOTT

16 JAMES MILNER

17 SCOTT PARKER

18 PHIL JAGIELKA

19 STEWART DOWNING

20 ALEX OXLADE CHAMBERLAIN

21 JERMAIN DEFOE

22 DANNY WELBECK

23 JACK BUTLAND
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby midoPhedomy » Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 pm

nfl nike jersey
As training camp approaches, we take a look at the players on each team who will be most heavily scrutinized. The list contains a fair amount of quarterbacks — no stunner there — but we tried to highlight as many non-QBs as we could. The players highlighted range from rookies to veterans with 10 or more years of experience.
In the seventh of an eight-part series, we look at the NFC South from the 2011 order of finish:
Saints QB Drew Brees
A city hero and franchise savior currently sits in a swamp of bad feelings, and there’s no team that could use a little brightening more than the Saints. In a matter of five months, they have gone from Super Bowl contenders to a discipline-gutted team — with Brees’ contract stalemate providing a dark backdrop. The two sides still could come to an agreement on a long-term deal by the July 16 deadline, but if Brees has to play this season on the one-year franchise tender (worth $16.371 million) the feeling is that he will be none too happy about it. The Saints need Brees more than ever to have another great season with head coach Sean Payton missing the season and the rest of the staff somewhat in flux early on.
Others worth mentioning: DT Sedrick Ellis, LB Curtis Lofton.
Falcons OLT Sam Baker
PFW’s Dan Parr recently spoke with QB Matt Ryan, who supported his offensive linemen. It was a vote of confidence, yes, but the players still must perform better. Baker tops the list. He’s in danger of losing his starting OLT job permanently if he doesn’t improve and hold off either Will Svitek or third-round rookie Lamar Holmes. The Falcons didn’t add much else in the offseason but could find a remaining candidate in free agency (ex-Charger Marcus McNeill remains available) or add a castoff around cutdown time during the preseason.
Others worth mentioning: DE Ray Edwards, LB Sean Weatherspoon.
Jason Cole: Disharmony between NFL, players' association not good for game]
Panthers ORT Jeff Otah
Otah has come to a crossroads in his career. When healthy, he’s a massive road grader who can spearhead the power run game, a staple in Carolina. But too often, Otah has been banged up, missing 35 games (while playing only 29) in his four pro seasons. The Panthers have to know what they have in Otah, whose rookie contract runs out after this season. His backup, Byron Bell, was too penalty-prone in his place last season. And though the team has no natural other replacement on the roster, they could cut ties with him if he turns in another injury-addled season.
Others worth mentioning: LB Jon Beason, NT Ron Edwards.
Buccaneers QB Josh Freeman
Freeman burst on to the scene with a terrific 2010 season and then self-immolated with a nightmarish ’11 campaign. His backslide was shocking, going from 25 TD passes and nine turnovers in ’10 to 16 TD passes and 27 turnovers last season. There have been a variety of reasons attributed for the regression, but Freeman believes that a slimmer frame (he says he has lost about 20 pounds) will make a big difference. But commitment counts, too, and the previous coaching staff was guilty of coddling Freeman and making him the franchise centerpiece before he was fully established. The new staff, led by businesslike Greg Schiano, won’t do that — and it won’t accept anything short of wholesale progress in a transitional season in Tampa.

Others worth mentioning: DT Gerald McCoy, WR Vincent Jackson.
midoPhedomy
LFC newBie

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:24 am

Looking better for England with Lampard out. We may have a better pass rate this time around rather than the worst goal to shots ratio.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:35 am

Most England fans are upset that Jordan Henderson is getting called up as a replacement.

Lampard or no Lampard, England are a QF team at most and even then they'll be fortunate to get to that position. It's not because Hodgson is a bad manager, it's because England have a tough group, France will probably finish top and it's between England and Sweden as to who finishes 2nd and 3rd respectively.
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:23 pm

if england get any more injuries i'll be starting in midfield.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:51 pm

stmichael » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:23 am wrote:if england get any more injuries i'll be starting in midfield.

a similar thing happened in the 86 WC to bobby robson, he lost key players in bryan robson (injured) and ray wilkins (who got sent off) but the new untried (at international level) players that came into the team transformed the side. beardsley and lineker were a great front partnership and the everton players brought into the side (trevor steven, gary stevens, peter reid and of course lineker) in particular really made a difference.
they lost to the eventual winners argentina in the QF`s but even a maradona inspired argentina needed a phoney goal and some desperate defending in the last 20 minutes to get by england. john barnes came on as a second half sub and changed the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 am

stmichael » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:23 am wrote:if england get any more injuries i'll be starting in midfield.

I am happy with the injuries, i dont think either Barry or Lampard will be missed and it means the Ox is likely to get more time on the pitch.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Boocity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Watching us looking like the away team against Belgium, don't know why he keeps playing Milner, he is sh!t.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Boocity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:47 pm wrote:Watching us looking like the away team against Belgium, don't know why he keeps playing Milner, he is sh!t.

That's Woy's tactics

1 nil
Benny The Noon

Postby Boocity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:52 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:47 pm wrote:Watching us looking like the away team against Belgium, don't know why he keeps playing Milner, he is sh!t.

That's Woy's tactics

1 nil

yes, 1-0 but you're right about the tactics, too defensive, all about containment
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion