Euro 2012 thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:38 pm

From what i have seen from Eden Hazard tonight, he is not the new Messi
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:43 pm

He strikes me as a mercenary. 'I will play next season for either club a, b, c, d or f. FFS lad you are gonna get paid well wherever you go.

On a side note is there any fantasy football going for the Euros?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Yes defo a mercenary, believes all the hype about himself and Chelseas director of football, Roman abramovich probably bought him after watching you tube and reading the sun
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 pm

tubby » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:43 pm wrote:He strikes me as a mercenary. 'I will play next season for either club a, b, c, d or f. FFS lad you are gonna get paid well wherever you go.

Yes the Telegraph is doing one and also this http://www.fantasyeuro2012.com/
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm

tubby » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:43 pm wrote:He strikes me as a mercenary. 'I will play next season for either club a, b, c, d or f. FFS lad you are gonna get paid well wherever you go.

once he said he was announcing who he was joining it was only ever going to be Chelsea, only they would let such an ego join their club. There's hype, but by God he believes it

Based on Roy so far, a decent side is going to rip us apart at the Euros
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Greavesie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm wrote:
tubby » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:43 pm wrote:He strikes me as a mercenary. 'I will play next season for either club a, b, c, d or f. FFS lad you are gonna get paid well wherever you go.

once he said he was announcing who he was joining it was only ever going to be Chelsea, only they would let such an ego join their club. There's hype, but by God he believes it

England won't win a game at the Euros - they might get a point of Ukraine but that's about all
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:26 pm

1 shot on target all game against a team that didn't qualify...

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Boocity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:15 pm wrote:
Greavesie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm wrote:

England won't win a game at the Euros - they might get a point of Ukraine but that's about all

I don't know, there is so much unexpected of them different from all previous championships, they will probably go further than everyone thinks, based on the last two performances they will bore the other teams off the pitch
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Greavesie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:26 pm wrote:1 shot on target all game against a team that didn't qualify...

That brings back some awful memories
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm wrote:
Greavesie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:26 pm wrote:1 shot on target all game against a team that didn't qualify...

That brings back some awful memories

my mate text me saying 'thank god that's over' - I replied, 'try it for half a season!'

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:43 pm

So true ! The Euros is going to be awful
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 pm

It's all been about keeping their shape and maintaining discipline for England so far. Nothing at all to make you think they can go and become a real attacking force and reach the latter stages. That said, it's tournament football they'll be playing and that's a format in which defensive tactics can sometimes yield results even against the very best sides. I don't expect it will, but Greece managed it so you never know.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:48 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to see England win it after seeing Chelsea win the CL
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:48 pm wrote:It wouldn't surprise me to see England win it after seeing Chelsea win the CL

England won't win it, I think England will just scrape through their group in second place and could well go out in the first knock out stage (depending on who they face). The problems with England are as follows 1) Their build up is far too slow. 2) Their ball retention is way below par. 3) Their attack is weak and 4) 4-4-2 is an easy formation to play against because everyone plays as a collective grid leaving large holes for teams to exploit and nations like Germany and Holland will exploit these gaps all day long.

Defensively England are very good and any team playing against England will find it difficult to break them down. However if England spend a large part of the match chasing after the ball because their ball retention is so poor, they're going to concede eventually. You also struggle to see where the goals are going to come from as well. England's build up play is slow, dis-jointed and predictable and that's down to the ability of the players as a collective and England's attack is woeful. If England go 1-0 down to France in the 68th minute I just cannot see how England will get back into the match from then on. Carroll, Defoe and Welbeck will be played against France and Sweden, none of those three are natural goalscorers, none of those players can create something out of nothing. England need a Michael Owen in their squad, someone who can unlock defences because France's defence and Sweden's defence won't be broken easily.

Roy Hodgson's England just aren't good enough to get anywhere near the latter stages and that's the reality that England would face regardless of who is in charge.
Boxscarf

Postby shanks13 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Just a point, if you were England manager would you pick Carroll and Downing? Seemingly maligned by our fans and nationwide a like (not saying I agree), but what do you think. In some potential starting line ups... http://blog.oddslife.com/2012/06/how-en ... r-success/
shanks13
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion