Euro 2012 thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:11 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:41 pm wrote:
The Good Yank » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:32 pm wrote:Strange side out for Spain.  No striker, Ramos at CB.  Alonso I think just got his first touch of the match at the half hour mark.  Italy has had the better chances so far.  If I'm Del Bosque I'd take out one of the 6 midfielders and put Negredo up top, and swap Arbelloa and Ramos.

Speaking as an Irishman, I'm scared sh!tless of playing either of them :(

:D  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 pm

:(
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:00 pm

How the Republic of Ireland went unbeaten for 14 matches I'll never know, but they as it stands they look like the worst team in this competition thus far.
Boxscarf

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:00 pm wrote:How the Republic of Ireland went unbeaten for 14 matches I'll never know, but they as it stands they look like the worst team in this competition thus far.

The midfield has been awful.  They made one nice play the whole match.  a chipped pass to Keane who was hacked down from behind in the box.  no penalty given.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 pm

The Rep of Ireland will more than likely exit the competition with 0 points which would be ashame because I wanted Ireland to do well at this competition. I think their supporters are fantastic and their presence at Euro 2012 is definitely beneficial (despite some of their supporters being arrested).
Boxscarf

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:02 am

Ireland were woeful

The croats will cause problems for both italy and spain and come out of the group but were clearly not good enough.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Boocity » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:32 am

I thought balotelli was sh!t last night, see when he was clean through and was so casual Ramos came back and tackled him
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:22 am

We (ireland) got what we deserved from the game... nothing :(
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:05 pm

England 1-1 France.

France were the vastly superior team in the match. Each statistic from possession to shots on goal will favour France, but England's dogged determination not to have their walls breached more than once was just too much for France.

I just knew that when England went 1-0 that they'd sit back, invite the pressure on them, shut up shop and try and contain the French. It's anti-football at its best, but it seems as though that is England's strongest characteristics.

When England went 1-0 up they should have played the way they played prior to the goal, but the midfield dropped too deep and you only have to give someone of Nasri's quality a bit of room to steer a shot in and it was a well taken goal.

England's build up play is quick, but it lacks any penetration, this comes from an overall lack of technical ability and of course a lack of time spent together.

The referee strongly favoured France and Franck Ribery is an absolute disgrace, a typical Frenchman by all accounts, cheating, lying and overdramatising things.

England did okay tonight, if they play like this against Sweden and Ukraine, I'd expect them to scrape a win in each match.
Boxscarf

Postby burjennio » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:05 pm wrote:England 1-1 France.

France were the vastly superior team in the match. Each statistic from possession to shots on goal will favour France, but England's dogged determination not to have their walls breached more than once was just too much for France.

I just knew that when England went 1-0 that they'd sit back, invite the pressure on them, shut up shop and try and contain the French. It's anti-football at its best, but it seems as though that is England's strongest characteristics.

When England went 1-0 up they should have played the way they played prior to the goal, but the midfield dropped too deep and you only have to give someone of Nasri's quality a bit of room to steer a shot in and it was a well taken goal.

England's build up play is quick, but it lacks any penetration, this comes from an overall lack of technical ability and of course a lack of time spent together.

The referee strongly favoured France and Franck Ribery is an absolute disgrace, a typical Frenchman by all accounts, cheating, lying and overdramatising things.

England did okay tonight, if they play like this against Sweden and Ukraine, I'd expect them to scrape a win in each match.

Wise up ffs.
burjennio

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Why? It's true isn't it?

Ribery was just showing all the characteristics of a typical Frenchman.
Boxscarf

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:52 pm

All things aside, i thought it was a good performance from England. Most had us down to lose today, instead we played some good football and looked solid at the back. Plenty to build on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:50 pm wrote:

Why? It's true isn't it?

Ribery was just showing all the characteristics of a typical Frenchman.

Yes clearly Ribery is exactly like the other 65,000,000 people that claim French nationality you f*cking hateful simpleton  :angry:
burjennio

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:10 pm

burjennio » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:58 pm wrote:
Yes clearly Ribery is exactly like the other 65,000,000 people that claim French nationality you f*cking hateful simpleton  :angry:

The irony of your post is very clear for all to see.
Boxscarf

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:33 pm

I thought England played well.

A draw was definitely the fair result, the french had the better of posession as was expected but England where a threat on the break.

The referee i thought was poor, Cabaye should have been booked for persistent fouling in the first half and the amount of little decisions the referee got consistently wrong was baffling.
The foul on Gerrard on the edge of the box, Johnson and Oxlade Chamberlain being barged over and no free kick, the same thing happens to Ribery and straight away he blows ?

On Ribery he is a top player but one of the most horrible little cheating cnts i have watched.
Did it all season in the champions league and again today.

Gerrard was class today, carried Parker who i dont see what all of the fuss is about.
He is constantly on the floor due to his lack of mobility pace and fitness.
He throws his body in the way of one shot after having an awful game and being fecked after half an hour and gets praised to the hilt.
Id have Milner in the centre with Gerrard and put a proper player out wide personally.

Watching the Sweden Ukraine game now and these dont look great.

England might actually get out of the group if they perform like they did today in the other 2 games.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion