Euro 2012 thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:17 am

it was a friendly which they won in the end and tbh id say the players were terrified to pick up an injury and miss out like cahill.when the time comes im sure the players will be pumped up to the last and up their games.
gerrard is going to give his all at this one and wouldnt surprise me at all if he comes back in pieces for the new season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Greavesie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:26 pm wrote:1 shot on target all game against a team that didn't qualify...

Didnt Stevie have 2 shots together that hit the target mate ?

I agree England dont look anywhere near good enough and will (if they carry on as they are) bore the life out of us.

But like LFC2007 said teams that are hard to beat or score against can do well.

Its not an easy group by any stretch of the imagination, France are unbeaten in about 20 matches, our record against Sweden is poor and Ukraine while being a poor side are co hosts so will over perform probably and get favourable decisions from the referee.

Having said all of the above for some reason i have a feeling we will sneak out of the group....just !
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:26 pm

I think Hodgson is the right man for England, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Quarters because he'll play to their strengths with his mundane tactics. This IMO will suit England, tight defense, compact midfield with the odd break here and there - we'll be the Greece of 2012. And really these are England's strength - not fluidity, passing, movement and skill - leave that to the pro's.

Mind you, if we go a goal down we'll be f.ucked and expect to see plenty of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYO3qdFnhg
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Of course England won't win... Ireland are in the competition ;)
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Good like Eire.

I found a 4 leaf clover yesterday.  :suspect:  :)

I reckon Australia will win the Euros personally.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:26 pm wrote:I think Hodgson is the right man for England, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Quarters because he'll play to their strengths with his mundane tactics. This IMO will suit England, tight defense, compact midfield with the odd break here and there - we'll be the Greece of 2012. And really these are England's strength - not fluidity, passing, movement and skill - leave that to the pro's.

Mind you, if we go a goal down we'll be f.ucked and expect to see plenty of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYO3qdFnhg

Fuck all to do with the euros ,but I clicked on the youtube link you provided and found this ,and nearly wet myself laughing  :laugh:

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:11 pm

:D

somebody just walk over his grave, perhaps Keane stamped on it rather.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:11 pm wrote::D

somebody just walk over his grave, perhaps Keane stamped on it rather.

:laugh: I love Mad Mick ,he's comedy gold.  :D

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 pm

decent first game that, on paper it looked like it was going to be like watching paint dry but all sorts happened.
the greek fella got sent off for nothing, i dont even think they were fouls never mind yellow cards.
the greeks showed a lot of heart to come back from being 1 nil down and down to 10 men.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:28 pm

If I was Polish I would have been dissapointed in the manner for not getting the 2nd goal after Greece had a man down. The game was for the taking for them! But credit where credit is due and the Greeks hit back brilliantly and I thought Karagonis (who missed the penalty) had a terrific game.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Russia were impressive!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:18 pm

yeah your right MH the russians were excellent, the scoreline was impressive but it certainly didnt flatter them, if it wasnt for that number 11 missing all those chances it could have been double that, easily.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:00 am

I didn't know it had even started.  :grinning:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Kenny Kan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:00 am wrote:I didn't know it had even started.  :grinning:

they were 2 good games mate, on paper group A looked a bit uninspiring but to be fair both games had goals and plenty of incident. there was 2 sendings off, penalty saves and sitters being missed left right and centre (especially in the czech v russia game). the greeks have got a reputation for being negative but even they really went for it, at 1 nil down and down to 10 men they gave it a real go and really should have won.
i can see england being the only side in the whole tournament that bores everyone sh*tless, hodgson wont want to lose the first game against france so i can see him being even more negative than usual (if that`s possible).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Holland will need a win tonight against Denmark, Portugal and Germany will prove to be tougher opposition.

I can't see Portugal getting anything from Germany tonight, looking at both teams, Germany has more quality
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion