Diego Costa playing for Spain

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Tibbers » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:23 pm

I don't understand why he chooses to play for Spain instead for his homeland, Brazil.

Is it because of the warm welcome, hospitality and the love he gets from his Spain supporters?

Some people might feel betrayed but I don't want to judge his decisions.. Your thoughts are highly appreciated.
Tibbers
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:03 pm

I can understand why he chose to play for Spain. Brazil, despite their lack of quality strikers, haven't given him a lot of chances to play. He obviously felt unwanted in Brazil and even offended by them. The fact that Spain have been dominating world football for a few years now and the fact that he's been living and playing there for almost his entire career are a few other reasons that probably made him chose to play for the red fury. And money, of course.

But what I can't understand is how did FIFA allow this to happen when Costa has already been capped for Brazil? It's ridiculous, I thought that there were rules out there? Won't be too long before countries start buying players. I won't be surprised if we the likes of Messi and Ronaldo playing for Qatar 4 years from now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Tibbers » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:57 am

damjan193 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:03 pm wrote:
But what I can't understand is how did FIFA allow this to happen when Costa has already been capped for Brazil? It's ridiculous, I thought that there were rules out there? Won't be too long before countries start buying players. I won't be surprised if we the likes of Messi and Ronaldo playing for Qatar 4 years from now.

I wouldn't blame him either if he chooses to play for Spain but I have to agree about the FIFA board allowing him to play for another country. After this particular case, it wouldn't surprise us if other countries will "buy" players from another country.

There goes the heart and soul of a World Championship Cup...
Tibbers
LFC Basic Member

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion