Playing for England

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:56 pm

supersub » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:52 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 pm wrote:
quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1223698#p1223698]Boocity » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 pm wrote:England will always continue to be average untill they get another crop of players at one sucessful club like what happened with United.

what manu crop of players made England better than average...England have been average for over 20 years..the last glimmer of not so average was back in the early 90's

The last glimmer of not so average I would say was when they had Owen, Scholes, Gerrard, Beckham, Ferdinand and Campbell in the same side, with Neville and Cole as full backs. To describe a team as average with those players in it would be nearly as misguided as you are you with your hate for Gerrard.[/quote]

that team hardly put a stamp on the footballing world.... :laugh:

and Owen was hardly part of the manu crop :laugh:[/quote]

You're right it didn't because it was never given a chance to. Those players all played their part in dismantling a very good German team in their own back yard and England were an excellent side then.

Campbell retired without an adequate replacement, Scholes was bunged out on the left to accomadate Lampard which was a stupid decision then Owen lost his pace. England then were no longer the same side and became an overated mob.

Neither was Gerrard, Cole or Campbell. The point being, which you missed again in your determination to have a pop at myself, Owen or Gerrard... that United had produced quality players and their reputation was justified hence England were a decent side.

Now there are players playing with similar reputations and only half of the ability.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:18 am

Stu the Red » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:56 pm wrote:
supersub » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:52 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 pm wrote:[quote="[url=http://
The point being, which you missed again in your determination to have a pop at myself, Owen or Gerrard...

stone the crows........didn't know you were part of the over rated England set up :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:21 pm

supersub » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:18 am wrote:

stone the crows........didn't know you were part of the over rated England set up :laugh:

:laugh:

F**k off, you know what I meant silly bollox :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion