Playing for England

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:04 pm

All walks of life. You are not british because you have resided somewhere for a few years. Not a chance.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Ben Patrick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 pm wrote:All walks of life. You are not british because you have resided somewhere for a few years. Not a chance.

Technically speaking you are right. Unless of course one of your parents have British blood.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Thats another one that to be fair I dont agree with based on only parentage. Personally I have italian and scottish grandparents but wouldnt consider myself either. So wouldn't represent either.
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:17 pm

Ben Patrick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:16 pm wrote:Thats another one that to be fair I dont agree with based on only parentage. Personally I have italian and scottish grandparents but wouldnt consider myself either. So wouldn't represent either.

:D

You should vote BNP.  :D

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 pm

My grandads are from Scotland and Italy. Do you reckon it would be ok for me to represent them ??
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Ben Patrick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:22 pm wrote:My grandads are from Scotland and Italy. Do you reckon it would be ok for me to represent them ??

If you are eligible by law.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Nah for me thats *****. I havent even visited Italy.  Nonsense for me all that if I'm honest.
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:50 pm

You asked me if it would be okay to represent them, by law it maybe. You didn't ask me whether I think you should actually represent them.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:03 am

Right. So do you think it's ok to represent them. Would you ?
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:33 am

Ben Patrick » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:03 pm wrote:Right. So do you think it's ok to represent them. Would you ?

If I were you, personally, no I wouldn't represent them especially as you live in England.

However, if Australia asked me to represent them in "$hit stirring", I would be tempted yes, only because Australia is my home now. If England asked me as well, I'd obviously pick England.

If, like you I lived in England and Italy asked me to play for them, I'd say no as there is no allegiance there whatsoever even if my grandparents were Italian.

Like I said Ben, I don't categorically rule either argument out as I can see both points of view.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:44 am

due to the ever increasing number of Polish people who have moved to England in the last 5 - 10 years we're gonna come up against this issue in the next 10 years where a young football has a Polish Dad and an English Mum, they were born in England so by rights that young lad should play for England. However, been as his father is Polish does he get the choice? If he chooses Poland then to me that is a form of treason. It's almost like having British born Muslims in the British Armed Forces. Technically they can fight for this country but in reality we all know that it could go horribly wrong.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:11 pm

Treason !!! Seriously

And what's wrong with British Born Muslims in the Military ? What do you mean it can go horribly wrong

One of the highest ranking officers in the RAF is a Muslim and has completed numerous tours to Afghan and Iraq and have worked alongside a number of Muslims in the RAF

Do you have a problem with the Ghurkas and Tongans and Fijians in the forces as well ?
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:43 pm

had a look at my geneology and I have the Viking gene.....undecided between Denmark or Norway in case of a call up

apparently we all can be traced back to Africa...so everyone qualifies for the African Nations Cup
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:11 am wrote:Treason !!! Seriously

And what's wrong with British Born Muslims in the Military ? What do you mean it can go horribly wrong

One of the highest ranking officers in the RAF is a Muslim and has completed numerous tours to Afghan and Iraq and have worked alongside a number of Muslims in the RAF

Do you have a problem with the Ghurkas and Tongans and Fijians in the forces as well ?

Firstly, get down off your box

The term treason was used tongue in cheek.

I never said ALL muslims in the armed forces. I was refering to one or 2 extremists that could get themselves into our armed forces based on the fact they're British born. Then cause havok whilst serving for our country. I think something similar happened in America not so long since.

Don't have a problem with anyone Benny.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Something similar did happen in the American Air Force in Bastion - but he wasn't a Muslim extremist - he was a Methodist extremist. It did happen on a Channel
4 program though

There is also Catholic and Prodestent extremists

You mentioned reality - the reality is there hasn't been once instance in the British Forces of an extremist getting in and causing havoc and the chances of it happening due to the extreme background checks and vetting that goes on the chance of it happening is pretty much slim to none.

An extremist wouldn't try because of all the background checks.

And when a British Muslim does join the military he is serving his country.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion