Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Roy hodgson -happy with the appointment

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes : 106

Postby Keris » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:12 am

I'm not that enthusiastic about the appointment, but he IS the new man in-charge.
So best if we reserve judgment and like most new comers to the team, give him the time and room to show us what he can do.
I'm just looking for him to get the team playing well and let the result take care of itself.
Things are so uncertain right now, anything can happen.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:51 am

Reg wrote:In such cases Owzat, copious amounts of alcohol makes everything ok again. :laugh:

Wasn't one of Leslie Phillips' catchphrases "ding, dong", surprised LB haven't called him in to say "Ting, Tong"

I'd say this is less an appointment and more a dis-appointment
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:54 am

shabelle50 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
shabelle50 wrote:His track record doesn't have to be on the level of someone like Capello or Mourinho. Souness and Evans hadn't won the english title or european titles yet they were appointed at Anfield. Obviously there are better managers out there by give Roy time. He could do very well I certainly think a return to pass and move football is likely rather than the tosh offered by Rafa in recent years.

Using both souness and Evans as yard sticks for woy doesn't help as they were are most unsuccessful managers.

It does help this is the point. On the one hand you're saying that Hodgson isn't fit to be LFC boss because he hasn't won anything but then when I present two examples of LFC bosses since 91 who hadn't won major titles (the SPL isn't a major title in European terms) when they were appointed at Liverpool you say it's "not a yardstick to judge Roy Hodgson". So what is the "yardstick" to judge Roy Hodgson?

The doom and gloom merchants are using last season's seventh as a benchmark saying we won't be competing etc and since that is a low target then you pick the lesser successful managers.

I think if Woy manages what Souness and Evans did in league finishes and cups then some on here will throw a party like it's Istanbul revisited
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:25 am

Owzat wrote:
shabelle50 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
shabelle50 wrote:His track record doesn't have to be on the level of someone like Capello or Mourinho. Souness and Evans hadn't won the english title or european titles yet they were appointed at Anfield. Obviously there are better managers out there by give Roy time. He could do very well I certainly think a return to pass and move football is likely rather than the tosh offered by Rafa in recent years.

Using both souness and Evans as yard sticks for woy doesn't help as they were are most unsuccessful managers.

It does help this is the point. On the one hand you're saying that Hodgson isn't fit to be LFC boss because he hasn't won anything but then when I present two examples of LFC bosses since 91 who hadn't won major titles (the SPL isn't a major title in European terms) when they were appointed at Liverpool you say it's "not a yardstick to judge Roy Hodgson". So what is the "yardstick" to judge Roy Hodgson?

The doom and gloom merchants are using last season's seventh as a benchmark saying we won't be competing etc and since that is a low target then you pick the lesser successful managers.

I think if Woy manages what Souness and Evans did in league finishes and cups then some on here will throw a party like it's Istanbul revisited

That would be better than the utter diarrohea and hopelessness we had to put up with last season.
I would take mid-table if we tried our best and played with passion.
And you really should stop mocking our new manager. Its disrespectful and offensive
Thommo's perm

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:17 am

can't pretend to be jumpin thru hoops but now he's th boss lets get behind him, th players, th club an all else an afford him th chance t make an impression. cudnt be a worse (some wud say better i guess) start than th goonies then citeh so if he was t put teams out t take all 6 pts from those games it'd open my eyes thats for sure!!

i jus hope th next few years dont lead t more bickerin here with pro an anti Roy Hodgson supporters/detractors.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:31 pm

crazyhorse wrote:I voted yes... despite my reservations I have a niggling tick in the back of my mind that tells me this bloke will be a legend..... optimism!!!!

You need to post more ,You always word it so well mate ...I'm seriously tempted to join in  and I'm an old cynic ... you old romantic you     :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Avi Cohen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 pm

I don't know how I feel about Roy's appointment (a part of me says that Kenny, if given a year to stop the rot, is a name to convince the likes of Gerrard and Torres to stay - I doubt Roy has that much clout) but I am glad to see the back of Rafa.

The appointment may do one thing - reduce expectations. This season is the first season since 1990 that I was full of hope that this will be our year. I don't have it but maybe that's a good thing. The pressure might be lifted off the players a little and they may play with more freedom. Maybe he can be the arm-around-the-shoulder manager, an encouraging man rather than the last manager we had. This is all guesswork, however.

One thing I know for certain is that Roy can get the best out of average players - Fulham's run to the Europa Cup final was great and although the league position was fitting a team of their stature, they were tough to beat at home.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm reluctantly Optimistic...fingers crossed
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:31 pm

dundreamin wrote:And since shanks every LFC manager discounting Moran has won a trophy.

had to pull ya here, Moran? who? Do you refer to Ronnie Moran? in which case when was he manager?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Lee J wrote:
dundreamin wrote:And since shanks every LFC manager discounting Moran has won a trophy.

had to pull ya here, Moran? who? Do you refer to Ronnie Moran? in which case when was he manager?

He filled in between Kenny leaving and Souness arriving.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:21 pm

ahhh right, wasn't for long though was it?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Lee J wrote:ahhh right, wasn't for long though was it?

:no , about 8 weeks.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:41 pm

I ticked yes. He wasn't my first or even second choice but I believe he is the kind of manager we need right now, rather than say someone who has no experience of English football at all. He seems like a thoroughly decent and intelligent bloke, too, which I find reassuring. I bet you Fat Sam can't speak five different languages.
LFC2007

Postby andy_g » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:08 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I bet you Fat Sam can't speak five different languages.

oh really?? so what do you call grunt, dribble, slobber, english and fart?  ???

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:10 pm

andy_g wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I bet you Fat Sam can't speak five different languages.

oh really?? so what do you call grunt, dribble, slobber, english and fart?  ???

and Poodle.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls