Postby roberto green » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
roberto green wrote:
fivecups wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Came across well in the press conference today

Our Woy come acwoss weally weally well

:D

It must be time to move on from the 'W' jokes soon RG?

I suppose your right he's our manager now and we don't want to be given the bitters any ammo

:nod

Correct
Its also very childish, disrespectful and offensive
:nod

ok Dad
roberto green

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Being impressive in a news conference is worlds apart from being successful - for all his experience he still hasn't being successful - 30 years of management and still no trophy of note . Being a nice educated guy doesn't give you success as well , it may bring you friends but not success - look at two of the most recent successful managers - Maureen and taggert and those two are prob two of the most hated managers but they are successful . Roy will be judged on the pitch and nothing else -he has come in to steady the ship and keep us afloat not IMO to get us successful .

my only problem with saying he hasnt got a decent trophy in a decent league to boot is..........

look at the teams hes been at, he hasnt really been given the chance..

switzerland (national team never win shittt)
fulhum
blackburn
udinese
inter (only for 2 years, when in the era of mighty milan and juventus) people see inter on his cv and suddenly think of them as the current dominant force they are......back in his time milan and juventus were much bigger than inter

he has been around 30 years - why do you think he hasnt had a big job - because none of the big clubs think he is big enough - he took over blackburn two years after the won prem and spent big - 8 million plus on kevin davies alone and then they got relegated
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Being impressive in a news conference is worlds apart from being successful - for all his experience he still hasn't being successful - 30 years of management and still no trophy of note . Being a nice educated guy doesn't give you success as well , it may bring you friends but not success - look at two of the most recent successful managers - Maureen and taggert and those two are prob two of the most hated managers but they are successful . Roy will be judged on the pitch and nothing else -he has come in to steady the ship and keep us afloat not IMO to get us successful .

Not many managers win major trophies if they aren't at a club that has the means to do so. Relative to expectations, though, on the whole he has generally done a pretty reasonable job throughout his career. And besides, now he's at a club that usually has the means to win major trophies - all being well with the sale of the club - he'll have those opportunities. I suppose you'd better start getting used to the fact that he's the manager of the club you support.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:24 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

Not many managers win major trophies if they aren't at a club that has the means to do so. Relative to expectations, though, on the whole he has generally done a pretty reasonable job throughout his career. And besides, now he's at a club that usually has the means to win major trophies - all being well with the sale of the club - he'll have those opportunities. I suppose you'd better start getting used to the fact that he's the manager of the club you support.

Pretty reasonable isnt for me good enough -

the question is would any of the big clubs of hired him ?

I am used to him at club - doesnt mean i have to like it or not be very disappointed by the appointment .

We spent 9 million on replacing a manager with someone of a lower standard IMO
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Pretty reasonable isnt for me good enough -

I am used to him at club - doesnt mean i have to like it or not be very disappointed by the appointment .

Alright then, he did an excellent job at Fulham. He was brilliant at Malmo. At Inter, he was the Don. In Switzerland, they named clocks after him. Sounds better doesn't it? The fact is that with the squad Rafa left AND with the ownership situation still unresolved, we needed a manager who could get more for less, especially in respect on our domestic form. We could have done a lot worse than Hodgson on that score. Frank Rijkaard and many of the foreign candidates probably wouldn't know where to start. Hodgson has the advantage of having been a Prem manager - and recently. That should autmoatically mean he's followed Premier League football, and being a knowledgable, cultured man like he is, I'm sure he kept an eye on our progress, saw where we went wrong and what we might need to do to put it better. Without such experience a manager would maybe need a test season in order to find out that Babel is a lazy c...t, or that Lucas can't play alongside Masch in the centre of the park and perhaps isn't good enough anyway. If there's loadsamoney, it isn't such a problem because you'll have quality in reserve anyway or can make changes in January once you've worked these things out, but where there isn't you need to be smarter, and in Hodgson we've gone with the latter.

I just don't get why, when Rafa was here, you were so certain he would succeed, and now Hodgson's arrived you're so sure he won't. The forum knew you as a natural optimist; that's why you used to ask so many bloody questions along the lines of "but how do you know that?". We're known for our patience and understanding so why not afford Hodgson the same open-minded approach you were willing to grant Rafa for so long, even in the darkest days.
LFC2007

Postby roberto green » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:12 pm

I have heard a little rumour today that he will be bringing a well known face back to the club as player coach.........

roberto green

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 pm

roberto green wrote:I have heard a little rumour today that he will be bringing a well known face back to the club as player coach.........

Who...?
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:21 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Pretty reasonable isnt for me good enough -

Alright then, he did an excellent job at Fulham. He was brilliant at Malmo. At Inter, he was the Don. In Switzerland, they named clocks after him. Sounds better doesn't it? The fact is that with the squad Rafa left AND with the ownership situation still unresolved, we needed a manager who could get more for less, especially in respect on our domestic form. We could have done a lot worse than Hodgson on that score. Frank Rijkaard and many of the foreign candidates probably wouldn't know where to start. Hodgson has the advantage of having been a Prem manager - and recently. That should autmoatically mean he's followed Premier League football, and being a knowledgable, cultured man like he is, I'm sure he kept an eye on our progress, saw where we went wrong and what we might need to do to put it better. Without such experience a manager would maybe need a test season in order to find out that Babel is a lazy c...t, or that Lucas can't play alongside Masch in the centre of the park and perhaps isn't good enough anyway. If there's loadsamoney, it isn't such a problem because you'll have quality in reserve anyway or can make changes in January once you've work itout, but where there isn't you need to be smarter, and in Hodgson we've gone with the latter.

I just don't get why, when Rafa was here, you were so certain he would succeed, and now Hodgson's arrived you're so sure he won't. The forum knew you as a natural optimist; that's why you used to ask so many bloody questions along the lines of "but how do you know that?". We're known for our patience and understand so why not afford Hodgson the same open-minded approach you were willing to grant Rafa for so long, even in the darkest days.

I was willing to give Rafa the chance because he had already proven to me he was good enough - even before he arrived i believed he was agood enough .

I dont think hodgson is good enough a manager for us to succeed IMO . But i will support him

I hope im not proved right . and we suceed but just cant see it .
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:25 pm

I will take mid table with passion, sweat and players with heart and balls rather than the sh'it w@nkfest I was unfortunate to observe last season
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 pm

You can take it if you want but i prefer to be higher up the table if that's ok - in 4th spot as a minimum and getting to the latter stages of the cl - last season was first time I was disappointed but feel will be again this season
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I was willing to give Rafa the chance because he had already proven to me he was good enough - even before he arrived i believed he was agood enough .

Believe again then. The irony of course is that someone had to believe in Rafa for him to make at Valencia. They could quite easily have dismissed him as average.
LFC2007

Postby dundreamin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 pm

He,s a paisley type manager. A father figure. Remember what stevie said about houllier,and how rafa was,nt. So its my belief that stevie and torres WILL stay. And you can QUOTE me on this. Come on people glass HALF FULL. half empty are full of BITTER
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby SeaofRed » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:53 pm

I'm excited about the prospect of Roy Hodgson being here, I cannot wait for the new season to begin.
SeaofRed

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:58 pm

SeaofRed wrote:I'm excited about the prospect of Roy Hodgson being here, I cannot wait for the new season to begin.

I am too, to an extent. And that's only because of the perception that he can get the best out of his squad. If Stevie and Torres stay it will be a massive boost to everyone at the club.

Thing is can he do this at a big club? I'm sure we will find out soon enough.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SeaofRed » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 am

I'm more excited Bav because we have some form of stability at the club. I am not expecting great things from Roy, but if he can steady the ship and improve us beyond last season, improve us further then he'll have done a good job in my eyes.
SeaofRed

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls