Roy hodgson -happy with the appointment

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes : 106

Postby roberto green » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
roberto green wrote:Neither Yes or No because no manager will do better until the owners are shut of

Interesting reply there, Roberto. Sort of flys against your opinion of our former manager when you wanted him out, when some of us argued against such opinion saying that no other manager will do a better job than he did over his 3 years of putting up with their sh*te. So now the u-turn?

To be honest Emerald I always stuck by Rafa right until the last 5 or 6 games and I have nothing but respect in what he tried to achieve but the fact that he took to much on board at the club ie fighting the owners(rightly so) and having control of transfers and everything in the academy took it's toll on the main team.

We have been managed by 2 foreigners for 12 years now and we have been excited when they were appointed because they were big names and they never really worked out, So just maybe with us all not really expecting much Roy might just surprise a few,
roberto green

Postby shabelle50 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:45 pm

His track record doesn't have to be on the level of someone like Capello or Mourinho. Souness and Evans hadn't won the english title or european titles yet they were appointed at Anfield. Obviously there are better managers out there by give Roy time. He could do very well I certainly think a return to pass and move football is likely rather than the tosh offered by Rafa in recent years.
shabelle50

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:26 pm

How long is the contract, I havent seen it written?

When you say 'give him time', I wonder how long Woy envisages staying in the job? More than 2 years?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Reg wrote:How long is the contract, I havent seen it written?

When you say 'give him time', I wonder how long Woy envisages staying in the job? More than 2 years?

2 year according to Rory Smith.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:25 pm

I voted im not happy,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:33 pm

I am not over the moon with the sappointment but I am satisfied that Roy Hodgson will do a good job for LFC. My understanding is he was the choice of Kenny, Stevie and Carra and that is very important to me (and I would assume all others on here) as it will be Stevie and Carra who can/will convince Torres to stay on. Danny Murphy might even make a return to Anfield.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:For me yes, as it is a step forward from what we had.

Where's that facepalm smiley thing when you need it, eh?

A step forward? You seriously think Hodgson is a step forward from Benitez? Catch a f*cking grip, fella. If Roy wins us the league or CL in his first season, maybe you can see he's on equal grounds before saying he's a step up. If he doesn't, well, then you can start calling for the man's head, eh?

Why is that?
Has Rafa left Hodgson in the same position as Houllier left him?
Is that the new criteria: win the CL in your first season or f'uck off coz youre sh'it?
Seriously?
???
Last edited by Thommo's perm on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 pm

red_guy wrote:
metalhead wrote:I'm not over the moon nor I'm dissapointed. I think he just deserves our support and keep our judgment until end of this season eh?

Same here. Welcome Roy.

Two more votes for mediocrity then...... how times have changed.

"Will be beat Blackpool?"
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Reg wrote:
red_guy wrote:
metalhead wrote:I'm not over the moon nor I'm dissapointed. I think he just deserves our support and keep our judgment until end of this season eh?

Same here. Welcome Roy.

Two more votes for mediocrity then...... how times have changed.

"Will be beat Blackpool?"

Mediocrity is a step up from sh'ite

And yes we will beat blackpool
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Not happy in much the same respect as if I came home and found another man's  dirty undies in the washing basket with the initials CP sewn into the lining (IN OTHER WORDS OUR MISTRESS ,OR OUR OTHER LOVE IF YOU PREFER IS BEING UNCEREMONIOUSLY SCREWED ) and a large proportion of fans are completely and blissfully unaware
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:48 pm

The most 'important appointment at the club since Bill Shankly' according to SSN.

FML
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:54 pm

NANNY RED wrote:The most 'important appointment at the club since Bill Shankly' according to SSN.

FML

It possibly is seeing as were in sh'it street without a paddle
Thommo's perm

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 pm

I voted yes
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:57 pm

I don't think it's a particularly inspirational appointment but with the club being controlled by crooked businessmen and potential asset strippers , it's just about the best deal we could get........Roy Hodgson will get the support of the fans, in fact he will have more support from us than the cretins that employed him.....I'm sure he knows this is a temporary post until a new owner is found and we will have to just suck and see. Hopefully the players will rally behind him and not seek pastures new;that will be his 1st test and I hope his 1st achievement, to keep the squad intact.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:58 pm

What or who is "FML"?
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls