Roy hodgson -happy with the appointment

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes : 106

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:33 am

Are you happy with the appointment as our new manager - yes or no and why

For me its no as i think its a step backwards and his track record doesnt say to me that we will improve
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:36 am

Yes I am happy because he is the Liverpool Manager and he gets my support.

That along with the fact that he is probably a better manager than Purslow or Broughton or for God's sake could you imagine if Hicks or Gillette tried to train the team?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Rimetto_ » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:39 am

i think he's the best person considering the situation the club is in at the moment!

The club has no money and is up for sale and could potentialy lose some of the key players in the squad. I think he's proven at fulham that he can get the best out of players and can buy well with little money. And like it or not that's the osrt of club we are now and will be until those yanks have finished sucking the money and the life out of our CLUB
Rimetto_

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:42 am

Silly thread now benny lad . Makes no odds if we're over the moon or currently swinging from the nearest tree . He's the manager now , so we do what we're supposed to do best (well some of us anyway) and support him . Personally , i've never been so uninterested about a liverpool manager in all my life (not roy's fault though).
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:44 am

Im happy, Ive always thought he was a good manager.

His main challenge will be getting confidence back into the squad considering most of them stay :D

I think the changes we will most notibly see is that Roy has a lot more common sense than Rafa. I dont think he will be playing Lucas over Aquilani and we probably wont be seing as much caution taken on Torres.
Fauxy

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:50 am

I can see this thread will only cause arguements. I understand that you're not happy with the appointment Benny, and that maybe this is your way of venting, but it wont lead anywhere, and it'll just cause more friction imo.

I am content with him being our manager and willing to give him a shot. I genuinely beleive that given the same set of players we had last season, we can finish higher than 7th with Roy in charge. Yes, I would have prefered Hiddink (but he turned us down) yes I would have prefered Deschamps (but he turned us down) Yes I would have prefered Jose (but he had just signed for Madrid)... I see a pattern imerging here, do you? Track records have nothing to do with it. He did extremely well at his last place and exceeded all their expectations. I'm willing to give him a shot at the big time....
Last edited by Redman in wales on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:51 am

any chance we could have a 'don't know yet' option?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:02 am

How about yes and no

Yes im happy that manager speculation is now over

No as I didnt want a change of manager in first place

As for step backwards, forwards, sideways all academic now for me, he is the boss now and gets the support. Might as well compare him to Houllier, Souness, Evans for what its worth now
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:33 am

Truly quite a shocking appointment and clearly not good enough. Now its the thought of Zamora and Torres up front?! I hope it isn't another long contract. All the previous roles occupied by Roy proves his lack of ability to suceed to win trophies.

Though I have backing for the squad, I have no faith in our new manager to win major honours next year. Next seaon will simply be a "rebuild" season, reminiscent to post-Souness, and post-Evans (with exception to post-Houllier - as we know what happened in 2005).

Feel free to quote on this message after 12-24 months, if my opinions were wrong. But highly unlikely they will be.
mramo

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:55 am

mramo wrote:Now its the thought of Zamora and Torres up front?!

well I| actually prefer the though of Zamora and Torres up front when compared to N'Gog and Torres or Keane and Torres.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doc Lashed » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:21 am

I've voted yes. He's the best option we have at the current time.

If he can get Kenny to join him in an advanced role then I will be made up. My heart said Kenny but my head said Roy.
Doc Lashed

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:24 am

I voted yes... despite my reservations I have a niggling tick in the back of my mind that tells me this bloke will be a legend..... optimism!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:26 am

Redman in wales wrote:

well I| actually prefer the though of Zamora and Torres up front when compared to N'Gog and Torres or Keane and Torres.

Zamora had one good season, but otherwise he is shyte! At least NGog is young, he can grow and improve. Zamora is just an imp.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:31 am

mramo wrote:Truly quite a shocking appointment and clearly not good enough. Now its the thought of Zamora and Torres up front?! I hope it isn't another long contract. All the previous roles occupied by Roy proves his lack of ability to suceed to win trophies.

Though I have backing for the squad, I have no faith in our new manager to win major honours next year. Next seaon will simply be a "rebuild" season, reminiscent to post-Souness, and post-Evans (with exception to post-Houllier - as we know what happened in 2005).

Feel free to quote on this message after 12-24 months, if my opinions were wrong. But highly unlikely they will be.

what planet are you on?

no money
up for sale
heavily in debt

yep  we are a great prospect for a Manager, firesale? yes possibly gonna happen  get behind Roy and all we can hope for is premiership survival   Leeds is a good pointer of where we could be heading

if we have a hope of someone buying it support Roy and the team, protest against the owners? yep definitely but let's not scare of a potential investor :bowdown

YNWA
fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:34 am

bavlondon wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

Zamora had one good season, but otherwise he is shyte! At least NGog is young, he can grow and improve. Zamora is just an imp.

That's IF he can improve. He did improve last season, but he's still not good enough to toe the line at Liverpool imo. We need to win matches next season and not slip into the abyss, and while N'Gog will imo improve, it may not be fast enough. Where N'Gog struglled against the likes of Hull, and Wolves, I think Zamora would be more likely to score against them if given the chance
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls