Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Roy hodgson -happy with the appointment

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes : 106

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:59 pm

supersub wrote:I don't think it's a particularly inspirational appointment but with the club being controlled by crooked businessmen and potential asset strippers , it's just about the best deal we could get........Roy Hodgson will get the support of the fans, in fact he will have more support from us than the cretins that employed him.....I'm sure he knows this is a temporary post until a new owner is found and we will have to just suck and see. Hopefully the players will rally behind him and not seek pastures new;that will be his 1st test and I hope his 1st achievement, to keep the squad intact.

Have faith
Thommo's perm

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
supersub wrote:I don't think it's a particularly inspirational appointment but with the club being controlled by crooked businessmen and potential asset strippers , it's just about the best deal we could get........Roy Hodgson will get the support of the fans, in fact he will have more support from us than the cretins that employed him.....I'm sure he knows this is a temporary post until a new owner is found and we will have to just suck and see. Hopefully the players will rally behind him and not seek pastures new;that will be his 1st test and I hope his 1st achievement, to keep the squad intact.

Have faith

have no faith in the present owners but I have every trust in Hodgson to do his job to the best of his ability with the tools that are put before him........
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm

supersub wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Have faith

have no faith in the present owners but I have every trust in Hodgson to do his job to the best of his ability with the tools that are put before him........

Amen
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 pm

shabelle50 wrote:His track record doesn't have to be on the level of someone like Capello or Mourinho. Souness and Evans hadn't won the english title or european titles yet they were appointed at Anfield. Obviously there are better managers out there by give Roy time. He could do very well I certainly think a return to pass and move football is likely rather than the tosh offered by Rafa in recent years.

Using both souness and Evans as yard sticks for woy doesn't help as they were are most unsuccessful managers.
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
shabelle50 wrote:His track record doesn't have to be on the level of someone like Capello or Mourinho. Souness and Evans hadn't won the english title or european titles yet they were appointed at Anfield. Obviously there are better managers out there by give Roy time. He could do very well I certainly think a return to pass and move football is likely rather than the tosh offered by Rafa in recent years.

Using both souness and Evans as yard sticks for woy doesn't help as they were are most unsuccessful managers.

Hes not clueless or sh'it
Thats a start
Thommo's perm

Postby Calum » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Does anyone know if Kenny actually wanted the job? Up until today, I thought he was happy to see someone new come in, but listening to Sky Sports News, they are under the impression Kenny wanted it. If this is the case, I would have much preferred if he had been appointed.

Roy Hodgson has an impressive record as a manager, but I would have preferred someone like Martin O'Neill if Kenny wasn't interested in it.
Calum

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Calum wrote:Does anyone know if Kenny actually wanted the job? Up until today, I thought he was happy to see someone new come in, but listening to Sky Sports News, they are under the impression Kenny wanted it. If this is the case, I would have much preferred if he had been appointed.

Roy Hodgson has an impressive record as a manager, but I would have preferred someone like Martin O'Neill if Kenny wasn't interested in it.

His son Paul came out publicly and said it mate , as well as all his arl footie mates ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:02 pm

I voted no. I don't know Hodgeson. I'm sure he's a decent manager, but what worries me is not if he's english, rotationist, or a decent manager. I'm sure he's a decent one if he has the respect of people like Aldo.

What worries me is his profile, which may be respectable enough, but clearly Liverpool is a major step in his career. Top managers would come happily to a top club like Rafa did leaving Valencia, provided they're told that they're going to be backed financially to buy players.

What worries me about Hodgson, is that he seems to be a manager that would train Liverpool under any circunstance because it's a honor. Fair play to him and all the support of the fans I expect because of taking the ship under the storm. But it also seems the prelude of not getting players, selling important players, and losing competitive strenghth.

I'm sure he'll do all right and he'll be a good professional but losing players of the calibre of Reina, or Mascherano or Gerrard, will lead to times in which we'll remember the european top nights, I'm afraid.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:04 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Calum wrote:Does anyone know if Kenny actually wanted the job? Up until today, I thought he was happy to see someone new come in, but listening to Sky Sports News, they are under the impression Kenny wanted it. If this is the case, I would have much preferred if he had been appointed.

His son Paul came out publicly and said it mate , as well as all his arl footie mates ,

Kenny was the greatest player ever to wear a red shirt. He was a great manager too. But there is nothing to convince me that he would have been up to the task of sorting the mess were in if he became manager
Thommo's perm

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Sabre wrote:I voted no. I don't know Hodgeson. I'm sure he's a decent manager, but what worries me is not if he's english, rotationist, or a decent manager. I'm sure he's a decent one if he has the respect of people like Aldo.

What worries me is his profile, which may be respectable enough, but clearly Liverpool is a major step in his career. Top managers would come happily to a top club like Rafa did leaving Valencia, provided they're told that they're going to be backed financially to buy players.

What worries me about Hodgson, is that he seems to be a manager that would train Liverpool under any circunstance because it's a honor. Fair play to him and all the support of the fans I expect because of taking the ship under the storm. But it also seems the prelude of not getting players, selling important players, and losing competitive strenghth.

I'm sure he'll do all right and he'll be a good professional but losing players of the calibre of Reina, or Mascherano or Gerrard, will lead to times in which we'll remember the european top nights, I'm afraid.

agreed, cant say im excited about this appointment at all. Roy Hodgson seems a bit small time to me.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:12 pm

Agree with Sabre....not exactly an inspirational appointment as manager, is it ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Sabre wrote:I voted no. I don't know Hodgeson. I'm sure he's a decent manager, but what worries me is not if he's english, rotationist, or a decent manager. I'm sure he's a decent one if he has the respect of people like Aldo.

Maybe we need someone who thinks its an honour to manage us and is not so Fu*king arrogant that they wont listen because they know best.
Being more interested in raising your own profile in Europe rather than winning the PL can be detrimental to the club
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:The most 'important appointment at the club since Bill Shankly' according to SSN.

FML

It possibly is seeing as were in sh'it street without a paddle

Are you naturally stupid or do you have to practise?  ???
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Reg wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:The most 'important appointment at the club since Bill Shankly' according to SSN.

FML

:D

Just when I thought I've heard enough bickering in one day, I log on here and get a little bit more....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:22 pm

Reg wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

FML

Its natural thanks
And by the way its "practice"
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls