Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Roy hodgson -happy with the appointment

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes : 106

Postby neil » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:15 am

Benny The Noon wrote:he has been around 30 years - why do you think he hasnt had a big job - because none of the big clubs think he is big enough - he took over blackburn two years after the won prem and spent big - 8 million plus on kevin davies alone and then they got relegated

benny the noon , wtf is this clown doin all over the forum? the poster is a proper f4ckwit, I've never hated an internet guy as much as this pr1ck, how the f4ck do you do this 'ignore posts' thing?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:36 am

BACK the manager, or fook off. Am fed up with theses p.ricks being so negative. Nk things aint perfect. But who of you people who seem to know so much Remember the souness managerment .give the man a chance. And those of you who moaning are the ones who left at ht in the attaurk, or left the pub or went to bed on 25 may 2005 at about 9. Fooksake WAKE UP WE ARE LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB. ROY HODGSON 18 TH MANAGER OF LFC. 18 now that rings a BELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:28 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Pretty reasonable isnt for me good enough -

the question is would any of the big clubs of hired him ?

I am used to him at club - doesnt mean i have to like it or not be very disappointed by the appointment .

We spent 9 million on replacing a manager with someone of a lower standard IMO

Alright then, he did an excellent job at Fulham. He was brilliant at Malmo. At Inter, he was the Don. In Switzerland, they named clocks after him. Sounds better doesn't it? The fact is that with the squad Rafa left AND with the ownership situation still unresolved, we needed a manager who could get more for less, especially in respect on our domestic form. We could have done a lot worse than Hodgson on that score. Frank Rijkaard and many of the foreign candidates probably wouldn't know where to start. Hodgson has the advantage of having been a Prem manager - and recently. That should autmoatically mean he's followed Premier League football, and being a knowledgable, cultured man like he is, I'm sure he kept an eye on our progress, saw where we went wrong and what we might need to do to put it better. Without such experience a manager would maybe need a test season in order to find out that Babel is a lazy c...t, or that Lucas can't play alongside Masch in the centre of the park and perhaps isn't good enough anyway. If there's loadsamoney, it isn't such a problem because you'll have quality in reserve anyway or can make changes in January once you've worked these things out, but where there isn't you need to be smarter, and in Hodgson we've gone with the latter.

I just don't get why, when Rafa was here, you were so certain he would succeed, and now Hodgson's arrived you're so sure he won't. The forum knew you as a natural optimist; that's why you used to ask so many bloody questions along the lines of "but how do you know that?". We're known for our patience and understanding so why not afford Hodgson the same open-minded approach you were willing to grant Rafa for so long, even in the darkest days.

Cracking post dude
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:30 am

Mary had a little lamb
It ran into a pylon.
10,000 volts went up its @rse
And turned its wool to nylon.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:45 am

bavlondon wrote:
SeaofRed wrote:I'm excited about the prospect of Roy Hodgson being here, I cannot wait for the new season to begin.

I am too, to an extent. And that's only because of the perception that he can get the best out of his squad. If Stevie and Torres stay it will be a massive boost to everyone at the club.

Thing is can he do this at a big club? I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

Thats his first job.. Keeping torres and gerrard is crucial
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:00 am

Im quite excited by this, he will bring a new approach and new ideas, my only reserve is perhaps any new manager could have provoked the same feelings so as far as that goes Im not sure what to make of it. I agree with what most are saying, a new change was truly necessary because we werent going anywhere fast based on last season. He came across well in the interview and I hope he meant it

I think the first thing he'll adress is our defence, Hangeland will be his first signing and Danny Murphy will return, just a prediction but hey ho :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:09 am

Greavesie wrote:I think the first thing he'll adress is our defence, Hangeland will be his first signing and Danny Murphy will return, just a prediction but hey ho :D

part of the deal for him to leave was that he cant sign any of the fulham players, so i doubt we will see those 2

mascherano for ibrahimavoic ???  how about that one?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:35 am

Benny The Noon wrote:You can take it if you want but i prefer to be higher up the table if that's ok - in 4th spot as a minimum and getting to the latter stages of the cl - last season was first time I was disappointed but feel will be again this season

Thanks
I will take mid table, but I would prefer us to win the PL and the CL if that ok with you?
You can feel how you want but I believe this is the most positive thing thats happened to LFC in years
Thommo's perm

Postby Judge » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:17 am

this should be moved to the poll section, as it clahes with ciggys topic, which was started one day before this similar one with the new managers name in the title
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:30 am

Fair point Judge.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Why has it been moved ? Just because one person said something ?! If you read he thread it actually provided some debate as well ?! Should you not move every single poll into this area where no one goes ?!
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:33 am

The "debate" in this thread is essentially the same as that in the "Roy Hodgson new liverpool manager" thread which was stated before this one.

I think you're being a bit precious here, lets face it, if anyone apart from yourself had started this "poll" you wouldn't give a toss where it went.

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:26 pm

I dont give a toss- if that helps?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:27 pm

I think we should start a new poll to get that added as an option mate. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:41 pm

woof woof ! wrote:The "debate" in this thread is essentially the same as that in the "Roy Hodgson new liverpool manager" thread which was stated before this one.

I think you're being a bit precious here, lets face it, if anyone apart from yourself had started this "poll" you wouldn't give a toss where it went.

:kungfu:

Actually i would because it was an active thread that people were participating in and there was no problem until one person says something .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls