Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Roy hodgson -happy with the appointment

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes : 106

Postby shabelle50 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Bring it on Roy! Welcome to Anfield mate! Bring it on son!
shabelle50

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Sabre wrote:I voted no. I don't know Hodgeson. I'm sure he's a decent manager, but what worries me is not if he's english, rotationist, or a decent manager. I'm sure he's a decent one if he has the respect of people like Aldo.

What worries me is his profile, which may be respectable enough, but clearly Liverpool is a major step in his career. Top managers would come happily to a top club like Rafa did leaving Valencia, provided they're told that they're going to be backed financially to buy players.

What worries me about Hodgson, is that he seems to be a manager that would train Liverpool under any circunstance because it's a honor. Fair play to him and all the support of the fans I expect because of taking the ship under the storm. But it also seems the prelude of not getting players, selling important players, and losing competitive strenghth.

I'm sure he'll do all right and he'll be a good professional but losing players of the calibre of Reina, or Mascherano or Gerrard, will lead to times in which we'll remember the european top nights, I'm afraid.

Maybe we need someone who thinks its an honour to manage us and is not so Fu*king arrogant that they wont listen because they know best.
Being more interested in raising your own profile in Europe rather than winning the PL can be detrimental to the club

Erm you have only just arrived on this forum dont be getting all @rsey our friend Sabre is from Basque country and not many people outside of England actually know who Hodgson is. So just like some of us here he is not jumping through hoops over Hodgson either.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Sabre wrote:I voted no. I don't know Hodgeson. I'm sure he's a decent manager, but what worries me is not if he's english, rotationist, or a decent manager. I'm sure he's a decent one if he has the respect of people like Aldo.

What worries me is his profile, which may be respectable enough, but clearly Liverpool is a major step in his career. Top managers would come happily to a top club like Rafa did leaving Valencia, provided they're told that they're going to be backed financially to buy players.

What worries me about Hodgson, is that he seems to be a manager that would train Liverpool under any circunstance because it's a honor. Fair play to him and all the support of the fans I expect because of taking the ship under the storm. But it also seems the prelude of not getting players, selling important players, and losing competitive strenghth.

I'm sure he'll do all right and he'll be a good professional but losing players of the calibre of Reina, or Mascherano or Gerrard, will lead to times in which we'll remember the european top nights, I'm afraid.

agreed, cant say im excited about this appointment at all. Roy Hodgson seems a bit small time to me.

That's the word "Small Time " sometimes you search high and low for a word that encapsulates your true feelings of disappointment and someone else gets it bang on
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shabelle50 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Maybe we need someone who thinks its an honour to manage us and is not so Fu*king arrogant that they wont listen because they know best.
Being more interested in raising your own profile in Europe rather than winning the PL can be detrimental to the club

Erm you have only just arrived on this forum dont be getting all @rsey our friend Sabre is from Basque country and not many people outside of England actually know who Hodgson is. So just like some of us here he is not jumping through hoops over Hodgson either.

Benitez was taking the p*** out of the fans after that draw at St Andrews when he laughed at the interviewer and said "maybe we will play better in the next game". The team became a big joke to him by the time he left.

Time to move on Hodgson will do for me.
shabelle50

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:35 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

:laugh:
Im not being arsey, Im being honest.
Maybe we should have someone who is honoured to manage LFC rather than someone who doesnt think its an honour was all I meant
Sir
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby dundreamin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:35 pm

Roy Hodgson is now manager of the most successful English football club, and we are the best supporters in the world. So BACK THE MAN!  And his wife is a SCOUSER. Give him time, and i dont believe he is a Yes man. He maybe a paisley type of manager,only time will tell. And since shanks every LFC manager discounting Moran has won a trophy. Have faith people,because YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Maybe we should have someone who is honoured to manage LFC rather than someone who doesnt think its an honour was all I meant

Putting some conditions in order to sign up or defend Liverpool doesn't mean you don't think it's a honour to defend Liverpool.

Alonso for instance loved the club, but he didn't seem to work well with the manager and left to a club, that  won't leave in his heart the track that Liverpool left.

What do you think he's saying in Madrid, that he's a Merengue and he always has been? Nope, he talks about the two clubs that really meant something for him.

Similarly, top managers, that is the ones that would probably seek the current CL champion to substitute another top manager, put conditions in order to work under the club. If the club doesn't provide those conditions, the professional may leave. And what worries me is not that Rafa leaves or Hodgeson comes, but the fact that the club doesn't seem to be like financing the first team whatsoever. And that may bring players like Gerrard leaving.

As Ciggy has stated and myself aswell, my "I don't know" him is genuine ignorance. I wish him the best and I won't slag him off, just like any other manager or Liverpool player. I never say a Liverpool player is shíte because I've always considered myself a guest here, and I owe the same respect to Hodgeson.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:45 pm

shabelle50 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Benitez was taking the p*** out of the fans after that draw at St Andrews when he laughed at the interviewer and said "maybe we will play better in the next game". The team became a big joke to him by the time he left.

Time to move on Hodgson will do for me.

The f*ck are you talking about?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:49 pm

Sabre wrote:

Putting some conditions in order to sign up or defend Liverpool doesn't mean you don't think it's a honour to defend Liverpool.

Alonso for instance loved the club, but he didn't seem to work well with the manager and left to a club, that  won't leave in his heart the track that Liverpool left.

What do you think he's saying in Madrid, that he's a Merengue and he always has been? Nope, he talks about the two clubs that really meant something for him.

Similarly, top managers, that is the ones that would probably seek the current CL champion to substitute another top manager, put conditions in order to work under the club. If the club doesn't provide those conditions, the professional may leave. And what worries me is not that Rafa leaves or Hodgeson comes, but the fact that the club doesn't seem to be like financing the first team whatsoever. And that may bring players like Gerrard leaving.

As Ciggy has stated and myself aswell, my "I don't know" him is genuine ignorance. I wish him the best and I won't slag him off, just like any other manager or Liverpool player. I never say a Liverpool player is shíte because I've always considered myself a guest here, and I owe the same respect to Hodgeson.

Fair enough. I wasnt criticising I was pointing out the difference between Rafa and Roy.
I honestly believe he will bring positivity to us and will get the players back on track. If he tries and doesnt succeed then he must shoulder the responsibility and people like me will hold our hands up. I see some light at the end of the tunnel that wasnt there a month ago
Thommo's perm

Postby dundreamin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:03 am

Fooksake RAFA has gone. I loved the man, but move on people, MOVE ON. it,s over rafas GONE deal with it. And knowing way our history has been. Today a new chapter begins. Maybe a glorious one ? Who knows!  CHILL OUT
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby Seeing Red » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 am

I am pleased with the appointment. In my opinion Roy is a competent manager and no mug, I can't see him agreeing to join the club as a short term manager just to be a "yes man", I think he has too much intelligence and integrity for that (I really hope I am right here).

In terms of comparing him to foreign managers, sure there are bigger more glamorous names out there, but I think having previous premier league experience counts for a hell of a lot. The last thing we would want with the current turmoil at the club is a manager with a big name and big expectations struggling to adapt to the playing style in England.

I will back him with everything I can muster.
Last edited by Seeing Red on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seeing Red

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:37 am

dawson99 wrote:
Penguins wrote:I'm neither happy nor disappointed.

It was an expected appointment with the state the club is in.

Unlike the deluded fans I never believed we had 1% chance of getting Mourinho, Hiddink and other top class managers.

I just hope Roy won't get shot down after the season after finishing 5-7th. Top 4 would be a great achievement which many see as a minimum requriement.

No net spend for 3 years and still title challenge?
Sure, just ask deluded lfc supporters...  :no

how is it expected, with a club in turmoil, to appoint last seasons manager of the year and having to buy out his contract instead of KK on a free?

Seriously some posts on here are just... beyond belief

Hello, have you been living in a closet the last couple of years?
Do you still not understand why KK wasn't appointed?  :no

Hodgson is the perfect yes-man. He is just happy being the lfc manager. He has not the affectionate bonds with the club as KK and won't kick up a fuss if Torres, Gerrard or Masch gets sold.

I am sure KK would and he wants the club to win things, which cost money. money which the owners don't have.

The owners wants someone who will keep quiet and won't criticize every mismanagement like Rafa did. Roy fits the bill perfectly, KK doesn't.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby shabelle50 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:42 am

Benny The Noon wrote:
shabelle50 wrote:His track record doesn't have to be on the level of someone like Capello or Mourinho. Souness and Evans hadn't won the english title or european titles yet they were appointed at Anfield. Obviously there are better managers out there by give Roy time. He could do very well I certainly think a return to pass and move football is likely rather than the tosh offered by Rafa in recent years.

Using both souness and Evans as yard sticks for woy doesn't help as they were are most unsuccessful managers.

It does help this is the point. On the one hand you're saying that Hodgson isn't fit to be LFC boss because he hasn't won anything but then when I present two examples of LFC bosses since 91 who hadn't won major titles (the SPL isn't a major title in European terms) when they were appointed at Liverpool you say it's "not a yardstick to judge Roy Hodgson". So what is the "yardstick" to judge Roy Hodgson?
shabelle50

Postby dundreamin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:44 am

how does everybody and his mate,girlfriends brother,carras third cousin etc etc YES I,am being sarcastic knows Roys a yes man?  Who told them?
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:13 am

So paying £8 million to switch a manager that has won everything bar the PL title with a manager that has won nothing was purely on the belief that the 62 year old manager that has won nothing will get us the title in 5 years?

I thas nothing to do with the fact that Rafa had final say on transfers and has been qouted saying:
"If Torres is sold I will leave"

When  Rafa came the vermin wasn't here and he was forced into a marriage with them and stood in our corner exposing them for the vermin they are.

Roy is appointed by the vermin, knowing full well what the situation is and what he can and cannot do. Other wise he is a moron.
There will not magically be more money for the new manager than there was for Rafa. 

If Torres was sold I wouldn't bet on Roy threatening to leave...
But by all means go on and be deluded.

"We are still in with a chance for the title"
We don't need money. With a british manager that will make us play great footboll all will be well.
Ngog will be world class if he gets an arm around his shoulder and starts to play with fire in his belly.
Skill has nothing to do with it...

Such utter garbage  :no
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls