Roy hodgson -happy with the appointment

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes : 106

Postby Penguins » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm neither happy nor disappointed.

It was an expected appointment with the state the club is in.

Unlike the deluded fans I never believed we had 1% chance of getting Mourinho, Hiddink and other top class managers.

I just hope Roy won't get shot down after the season after finishing 5-7th. Top 4 would be a great achievement which many see as a minimum requriement.

No net spend for 3 years and still title challenge?
Sure, just ask deluded lfc supporters...  :no

I'll back Roy cuase I think he is a competent manager but I am under no delusions that we are going nowhere until the vermin are gone and money is invested in the team again.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Penguins wrote:I'm neither happy nor disappointed.

It was an expected appointment with the state the club is in.

Unlike the deluded fans I never believed we had 1% chance of getting Mourinho, Hiddink and other top class managers.

I just hope Roy won't get shot down after the season after finishing 5-7th. Top 4 would be a great achievement which many see as a minimum requriement.

No net spend for 3 years and still title challenge?
Sure, just ask deluded lfc supporters...  :no

how is it expected, with a club in turmoil, to appoint last seasons manager of the year and having to buy out his contract instead of KK on a free?

Seriously some posts on here are just... beyond belief
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm

I am delighted.
Welcome Roy
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 pm

I resign myself, good luck Roy.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:35 pm

metalhead wrote:I'm not over the moon nor I'm dissapointed. I think he just deserves our support and keep our judgment until end of this season eh?

basically this.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:08 pm

For me yes, as it is a step forward from what we had.

Wafa was a great bloke, who loved the city, the people and the club.. but did not learn in the 6 years he was here which meant we would never win the league under him.

Fresh manager, fresh ideas, fresh outlook.. all we need now is fresh owners!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby roberto green » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Neither Yes or No because no manager will do better until the owners are shut of
roberto green

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 pm

No.

To sack a manager of Benitez' calibre and bring in Roy Hodgson makes zero f*cking sense. Absolute joke descision by the clowns running this circus.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:14 pm

roberto green wrote:Neither Yes or No because no manager will do better until the owners are shut of

Interesting reply there, Roberto. Sort of flys against your opinion of our former manager when you wanted him out, when some of us argued against such opinion saying that no other manager will do a better job than he did over his 3 years of putting up with their sh*te. So now the u-turn?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Emerald Red wrote:No.

To sack a manager of Benitez' calibre and bring in Roy Hodgson makes zero f*cking sense. Absolute joke descision by the clowns running this circus.

yeah, we want more of last season please. we love the plyers attitude and the was we play
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:For me yes, as it is a step forward from what we had.

Where's that facepalm smiley thing when you need it, eh?

A step forward? You seriously think Hodgson is a step forward from Benitez? Catch a f*cking grip, fella. If Roy wins us the league or CL in his first season, maybe you can see he's on equal grounds before saying he's a step up. If he doesn't, well, then you can start calling for the man's head, eh?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:For me yes, as it is a step forward from what we had.

Where's that facepalm smiley thing when you need it, eh?

A step forward? You seriously think Hodgson is a step forward from Benitez? Catch a f*cking grip, fella. If Roy wins us the league or CL in his first season, maybe you can see he's on equal grounds before saying he's a step up. If he doesn't, well, then you can start calling for the man's head, eh?

give it a rest. i'll say if we dont play worse football than boro next season and the players look like they give a sh!t then its a step forward.. all about opinions mate
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:25 pm

dawson99 wrote:

yeah, we want more of last season please. we love the plyers attitude and the was we play

So last season was what Rafa's tenure is to be remembered with?

I'll say it here now: some absolutely f*cking clueless plebs on this board these days. Hands up who seriously think Roy has what it takes to win the league or even get in the top four on a consistent basis, and do well in the CL every term with the c*nts on our board in charge? See if any of you say he can, you're f*cking mental. For Roy Hodgson (no disrespect to the man at all) to be even linked with the managers job at Liverpool is a disgrace. Where's all these lot that said there's no reason why we can't attract the likes of Mourinho, Hiddink, Rijkaard etc etc because "we're Liverpool FC". What do they have to say now? What will you say if and when the likes of Mascherano, Torres, and Gerrard decide to f*ck off and we replace them with sh*te like Zamora? Aye, only then will you lot sit up and take some f*cking stock of what's actually going on within the walls of this club. It's not even a question of if. It's a question of when.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:31 pm

metalhead wrote:I'm not over the moon nor I'm dissapointed. I think he just deserves our support and keep our judgment until end of this season eh?

Same here. Welcome Roy.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

So last season was what Rafa's tenure is to be remembered with?

I'll say it here now: some absolutely f*cking clueless plebs on this board these days. Hands up who seriously think Roy has what it takes to win the league or even get in the top four on a consistent basis, and do well in the CL every term with the c*nts on our board in charge? See if any of you say he can, you're f*cking mental. For Roy Hodgson (no disrespect to the man at all) to be even linked with the managers job at Liverpool is a disgrace. Where's all these lot that said there's no reason why we can't attract the likes of Mourinho, Hiddink, Rijkaard etc etc because "we're Liverpool FC". What do they have to say now? What will you say if and when the likes of Mascherano, Torres, and Gerrard decide to f*ck off and we replace them with sh*te like Zamora? Aye, only then will you lot sit up and take some f*cking stock of what's actually going on within the walls of this club. It's not even a question of if. It's a question of when.

Be nice if you'd actually watched a match last season, thats all mi saying, because i cant believe you think last season was merely a blip, and not more
Last edited by dawson99 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls