Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Roy hodgson -happy with the appointment

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes : 106

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:00 pm

crazyhorse wrote:I voted yes... despite my reservations I have a niggling tick in the back of my mind that tells me this bloke will be a legend..... optimism!!!!

Well in mate  :cool:
Fauxy

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:Zamora had one good season, but otherwise he is shyte! At least NGog is young, he can grow and improve. Zamora is just an imp.

Look at who he scored against, I think half were in cups against mostly modest/lower league opposition, and half his league goals as I recall were against strugglers
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:55 pm

The Good Yank wrote:Yes I am happy because he is the Liverpool Manager and he gets my support.

I dont buy into this blind love concept.

Success comes from a planned series of events coming together to create a bigger outcome than the combined value of the individual inputs.

The current inputs of failed ownership, failed club management (Purslow and Broughton) plus unsettled players and no transfer kitty to improve the squad does not lead me to believe that a weak manager will be able to reverse these events to create success.

We have the wrong owners, club management, manager and lack of funds to improve an unbalanced squad.

Blind love? forget it, Woys on a hiding to nothing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Reg wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:Yes I am happy because he is the Liverpool Manager and he gets my support.

I dont buy into this blind love concept.

It feels like ordering yourself a mail order bride and getting Ting Tong Macadangdang

http://www.virginmedia.com/tvradio....ssid=14

No matter what you can do with her you had in mind doing when placing the 'sight unseen' order, you're never truly happy with the deal. And had it been 'sight seen' you'd have changed your mind and done a runner
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:33 pm

In such cases Owzat, copious amounts of alcohol makes everything ok again. :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm not over the moon nor I'm dissapointed. I think he just deserves our support and keep our judgment until end of this season eh?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Owzat wrote:half his league goals as I recall were against strugglers

Brilliant, sign him up at once as its usually not getting goals against the strugglers which fcks up our season
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Owzat wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Zamora had one good season, but otherwise he is shyte! At least NGog is young, he can grow and improve. Zamora is just an imp.

Look at who he scored against, I think half were in cups against mostly modest/lower league opposition, and half his league goals as I recall were against strugglers

Well as Laza pointed out... it could be exactly what we need:

Wigan (0-1), Hull (0-0), Wolves (0-0), Portsmouth (0-2) etc…..
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:06 pm

his record at home is fine but away with Fulham he was always sh!t. He beat the Mancs a couple of times which is always a plus :D

main question is what he does with any money he's given and what changes he actually makes to our play. It kind of feels refreshing already, though he wasnt my first choice (or second, third or fourth), he deserves the support of LFC.

For now though I think its a step backwards but we'll have to see what impact he actually has
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Greavesie wrote:his record at home is fine but away with Fulham he was always sh!t. He beat the Mancs a couple of times which is always a plus :D

main question is what he does with any money he's given and what changes he actually makes to our play. It kind of feels refreshing already, though he wasnt my first choice (or second, third or fourth), he deserves the support of LFC.

For now though I think its a step backwards but we'll have to see what impact he actually has

a step backwards? How much further back than last season can we get?

Lets see what he can do
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:15 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:his record at home is fine but away with Fulham he was always sh!t. He beat the Mancs a couple of times which is always a plus :D

a step backwards? How much further back than last season can we get?

Lets see what he can do

I just mean in terms of his record, it doesnt exactly fill me with confidence right now but like I said, lets see what impact he has. He has my support 100% (just dont sell Torres or Stevie! :D )
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

He will bring some stability and sense to a club in chaos
Thommo's perm

Postby brentd4 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:07 pm

no because as mc ateer said kenny wud get morale up, wud be happy takin the job short time until the owner situation is resolved and wud b happy goin back to his role shud the new owners decide on a higher profile manager.  and also wudnt need a big compensation pay off as hodgson wud want if new owners dislike him.
brentd4

Postby brentd4 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 pm

but no or not, support the cause, come on u reds
brentd4

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:12 pm

brentd4 wrote:no because as mc ateer said kenny wud get morale up, wud be happy takin the job short time until the owner situation is resolved and wud b happy goin back to his role shud the new owners decide on a higher profile manager.  and also wudnt need a big compensation pay off as hodgson wud want if new owners dislike him.

Kenny coming in full time and permanent might have worked. But coming in short term only complicates things. It causes instability and he would be working with his hands tied regarding tranfers as who can say if he brought in players the new manager would want them? It would not give confidence to the players who might be thinking about leaving as he wouldnt be the manager for very long.
Best to get someone who knows what theyre doing in and support them until theyre settled.
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls