HITZFIELD
4%
QUEIROZ
No votes
OTHER
3%

Total votes : 102

Postby simic_ie » Wed May 26, 2004 12:02 pm

Disagree with you there ckay... they will give the new manager whatever funds he needs to buy who he wants... they don't want t fall further behind. I can see a new manager being given 25-30mil this summer to bring in players (providing Thai deal goes thru)
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 26, 2004 12:11 pm

apparently the deal has been agreed but i understand that it could be up to 6 WEEKS before the deal goes through. that would take us into july and would not give the new manager a lot of time to bring new players in.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Wed May 26, 2004 12:16 pm

simic_ie wrote:Disagree with you there ckay... they will give the new manager whatever funds he needs to buy who he wants... they don't want t fall further behind. I can see a new manager being given 25-30mil this summer to bring in players (providing Thai deal goes thru)

I hope your right mate. A new manager should be backed up all the way and not be under suspision for another managers mistakes.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 26, 2004 12:26 pm

according to sky sports news, the liverpool echo seem "convinced" that benitez will be the next manager. they claim it will need a monumental turnaround for it not to happen. watch this space. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Wed May 26, 2004 12:29 pm

I'm a watchin!!!!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed May 26, 2004 12:37 pm

benitez would be good
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Wed May 26, 2004 1:07 pm

I could cop with Benitez being manager
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed May 26, 2004 1:10 pm

the next few weeks prove to be very exciting!!!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed May 26, 2004 1:23 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Owzat, I'm beginning to think that "the lady doth protest too much" with you and Martin O' Neill!!

Come off it, not everybody here that supports O' Neill are mindless zombies that listens and believes everything the media tells them. I have gone toe to toe with you countless times in the past over O' Neill and without getting into it again I think I (and plenty others here) put our case for O' Neill to you as best we could.

Fair enough if you think otherwise, but we O' Neill supporters are entitled to our opinions as well!!

You have made some valid points for the case AGAINST O' Neill which I partly accept, but sometimes I get the impression that you have some personal loathing of the man!

Anyway, all of this is moot because most rumours have it that O' Neill is not in the running for the Anfield job.

Again my candidates in the absence of O' Neill are Mourinho and Benetiz: either would be fantastic.

If I hate O'Neill it is because I tend to hate any "media darlings" and "people's favourites".

Henman - because he's pants, always has been and always will be, yet the media promote his Wimbledon chances every year without fail

manu - cause all the gloryhunters love them and all the "fans" who've never been to Old Toilet

O'Neill - because his CV sucks and yet you'd think he'd won the FA Cup three times over, finished 2nd in the league with Accrington Stanley or been beating Real Madrid, Juventus and Bayern Munich in Europe

Houllier - because he talks bo1lock$ and his results are equally....... (just threw that one in, that is a personal "grudge")

I don't hate England, but I am sick of the media hype and speculation EVERY World Cup and other major tournament that we'll win it when there's nothing to suggest we will. Of course England fans rate their own players - duh - but does that mean they're good enough or better than the rest? No.

Benitez for Liverpool
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed May 26, 2004 1:29 pm

Spoken from the heart I see Owzat
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Wed May 26, 2004 1:30 pm

Curbishley??
:laugh:

we dont set our sights very high these days do we ?  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 26, 2004 2:53 pm

ckay wrote:Has anyone had the nightmarish vision. Glen Hoddle is jobless!!! Could his name be in the frame? ???

He's 100/1 with Ladbrokes.  No chance.
jonnymac1979

Postby trick110 » Wed May 26, 2004 3:02 pm

Why O'Neill? What has he ever achieved, he did okay with Leicester but at the time they one of richer "middle table clubs" Celtic are no yardstick because of the compatiton in Scotland! What about David O'Leary no-one is mentioning him a proven European manager, always does well in the League!
trick110

Postby ckay » Wed May 26, 2004 3:08 pm

O'Leary's not a bad manager but I just don't like his managerial style. ( just don't like the bloke )
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed May 26, 2004 4:23 pm

I dont like O`Leary much either although he does seem to keep that big gob shut more often these days.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls