Michael owen - Surely...

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes : 119

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Surely its time.

The fact is the price will be right, he scores goals and he's still a bloody good player who is better than Keane and Kuyt. He's also done it before and knows what this clubs about.

For me, Benitez should pull out all the stops and just get the lad signed up in Janurary, even if its on a pre-contract for the start of next season. Its not an oppurtunity we can afford to miss.

I know that Benitez will probably end up signing :censored: Heskey instead because Heskey's well better than Owen and always has been, but what would you do and why?

PS: If you're going to be a complete :censored:wit and vote no, explain why you don't think the manager should make this affordable improvement to the squad and team by signing a top class professional. :D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:45 pm

All things point to yes except for the fact that I dont think Rafa personally even wants him given how he walked out on us. And didnt Rafa only say just last week we wont be making any bids for Owen?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:46 pm

If we sign another striker (needless cause we have already four or five) he should be Santa Cruz or someone very tall who can play comfortably with long balls. We are missing it especially at Anfield. So I vote NO to resign owen.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:49 pm

"We will have Fernando Torres back soon, and I can assure everyone that clearly we are not going for Michael Owen. Clearly."

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:50 pm

No.

1) The tw@t refused to give Rafa a chance when he first came to the club

2) The Dipstick went to Newcastle instead of coming back when he had the chance

3) Injuries

4) Never go back

For the record, I think Heskey will be an even worse signing.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:06 pm

I said yes but assuming its a really low price and he really wants to come back not just because its a nightmare at Newcastle. 

I also assume that Voronin will probably not return and that MO would know that he is not the main man any more and just a squad player
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:07 pm

Yes , name me a better finisher for that price ? Sure he made a mistake by leaving us but rafa needs to swallow his pride and do whats best for the club and we need a striker of his caliber in LFC
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:10 pm

I cant see Rafa doing that tbh. For one he wouldn't have ruled him out like he did the other day if he really was interested in him.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:11 pm

Hopefully its a smoke screen
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Yeah he did something similar before Garcia signed. Dont get me wrong ive said many times bring back Owen but can you really see Rafa swallowing his pride for Owen? It's hard enough for Rafa to make subs at half time when the team is playing bad and people think he try for Owen.

I guess until the transfer window closes we wont know for sure and im sure between now and then more Owen Liverpool stories will crop up. But its because of that I think Rafa ruled him out last week ie before the transfer window opens so the papers cant print shyte if he has already recently ruled it out.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:17 pm

I can't believe anyone would not have the lad back.

Infact, I find it idiotic and can't think of a good reason not to. The only reason would be injuries, but at the price he's worth a gamble in my book.

Its typical that the Rafa lovers and Rafa can do no wrong brigade don't want him back though I have to say. These are the same people that would be saying things like theres no room for sentiment and other :censored: like that when going for the title and the same idiots that defend :censored: like Kuyt week in week out! :laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:20 pm

I dont think anyone is doubting Owen is probably still one of the best finishers in England. But given the way he left i just cant see Rafa taking him back. I dont think its anything to do with the Rafa brigade rather he :censored: Rafa over when he first arrived. Sure enough if we dont get him im sure there is a good chance Arsenal or Chelsea will. Then again if he maintains his mega wages request I cant see Arsenal matching that.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Fo Dne wrote:I can't believe anyone would not have the lad back.

Infact, I find it idiotic and can't think of a good reason not to. The only reason would be injuries, but at the price he's worth a gamble in my book.

Its typical that the Rafa lovers and Rafa can do no wrong brigade don't want him back though I have to say. These are the same people that would be saying things like theres no room for sentiment and other :censored: like that when going for the title and the same idiots that defend :censored: like Kuyt week in week out! :laugh:

But it was him who left and then messed about when he could have returned,  I dont think Rafa would hold a grudge but would be thinking about the team spirit and if he still has the hunger in him.  I think your being sentimental about the Owen that was here four years ago and not the player he is now.

There is also the wages factor and the fact that we could get someone better and younger in the summer.

I voted yes but it has to be on our terms not his as the situation has now changed
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:28 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt Rafa trying to get him before he went to Newcastle? If Owen had just said he only wanted to come to us then we would have got him for the price we were willying to pay but he :censored: up.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:35 pm

Fo Dne wrote:I can't believe anyone would not have the lad back.

I can't believe you care so much what other people think.
SupitsJonF

Next

Return to Football Related Polls