Gerrard or owen - If one had to go........

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Gerrard or owen - If one had to go........

Steven Gerrard
18%
Michael Owen
76%
I Can't Decide
6%

Total votes : 51

Postby Gbo » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:49 am

If you had to choose between our two best players with one going in the summer, who would it be??

I personally would rather see Owen leave.  This may sound controversial but can anyone trully see him regain his form, of  a few years ago, in a Liverpool shirt???

As a massive England fan as well, I think leaving in the summer would do him and the national team a whole lot of good.  In his current form (which is down to the team rather than him) i can't see him scoring enough goals for England to win Euro 2004, and apart from Becks there is no-one else on the pitch who will score (although i saw that tw#t Neville scored tonight - i'm praying Igor breaks the ugly t#s#er's leg at Old Trafford).

Also Owen doesn't look happy at the moment and he undoubtably can improve if he gets the quality service.

Gerrard however is vital to us.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was man of the match in at least 75% of this seasons games.  Playing with the current non-achievers has not affected his game and we must keep him at all costs.

What do you think?

By the way i don't wish serious injuries on anybody but you've got to draw the line at Neville (with Nistelrooy directly below him)
Gbo

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:59 am

They are both  very vital to liverpool.
If I had to chose then Gerrard to stay.

Owen will be back on his great form and hopefully it will be at liverpool. I think/wish he will stay.

How much do you think we'd get for him ?

An injury to any player
it would have to be van nistelrooy
but biscan isnt far behind (keep him away from the 1st team) but I dont mind Biscan being on the bench. Although I wish no-one harm even if they are united scum.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gbo » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:02 am

Hopefully 20m at least which could be added to the summer budget leaving at least 35m to spend on players.

That would be nice!!!
Gbo

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:08 am

I thought the manager had 30mil for transfers.
with at least 25mil from owen leaving we'd have 55mil to spend.  :)
although i dont want owen to leave.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gbo » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:17 am

Even better, we may have enough money left over for the following items:

*One way tickets to France for the French lads.
*A gold watch and thankyou for 2001 for GH.
*A video of World Cup 2002 for Diouf (is he really the same player??)
*A team bonding trip in the pre-season - they could do with getting to know each other.
Gbo

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:21 am

Diouf will be the same player as in the the world cup. He is improving by the game.
Surely not all the french lads ?
GH deserves more than a gold watch and a "thank you" for 2001.

A team bonduing trip in the pre season is a great idea.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:18 am

Gbo wrote:If you had to choose between our two best players with one going in the summer, who would it be??

If I had to choose, it would be "I can't decide", he's a worse player  :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:07 pm

DrLiverpool wrote:Diouf will be the same player as in the the world cup. He is improving by the game.
Surely not all the french lads ?
GH deserves more than a gold watch and a "thank you" for 2001.

A team bonduing trip in the pre season is a great idea.

I've heard of this "Diouff is improving by the game" stuff before. I estimate he is improving by around 0.000001% per game, and we should see him at his 2002 WC level sometime in 2070.  :D

There is not one French player at Liverpool who strikes fear into the rest of the Premiership and Le Tallec and Sinama-Pongolle are still children, and don't really count at the moment.

Houllier has used up all the good will he earned with Liverpool supporters in the 2001 season at this stage, wouldn't you think, or are some people still living off 2001?

I think a "team and management replacement" trip in the summer would be an even better idea.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:15 pm

We need them both a huge amount, Owen is simply world class and Gerard is the centre of our team.
We have other strikers though if Owen went, but Gerard dissapearing would be disastrous.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:44 pm

We need Owen's goals else where would we be? Gerrard is terrific but every top team needs a goalscorer and obviously who replaces the one to leave would be a critical factor. Would Liverpool with Baros and Heskey up front and Gerrard alongside Hamann in midfield be a lot better than Owen and Baros up front with Cheyrou or Murphy in midfield alongside Hamann?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coley » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:00 pm

I'd rather neither left, and i don't see any point in deciding which i'd prefer to leave.  If i were manager of the club, which i would be if i were thinking about making the decision, then neither would leave and i would do all within my powers to keep them both.

if i were manager of the club though i would be issuing a few of those one way tickets back to France mentioned above though! and as for the Gold watch, it would be a f##king timex stainless steel one and he would have to like it, treble or not.
Coley

Postby waccer » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:22 pm

DrLiverpool wrote:I thought the manager had 30mil for transfers.

That £30m is dependent on qualifying for the Champs league - and getting past the first round too so we can forget that.

And £20M for Owen? Are you joking? In the current market we'd get £12m max, especially with his injury record.

We'll be luckuy to hang on to Owen - I reckon he's going and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kewell leave either, he's a right ba#ta#d - look at what he did to Leeds.
waccer

Postby red_rebel » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:41 pm

Kewell joined us on teh belif we were "a team on the up" and believed we would win the league. I think he will go soon. He used to say he loved Leeds and look what he did to them. Whats to stop him doing the same to us?

I think Owen has been poor this season. He has his mind on Euro 2004 and another club.
red_rebel

Postby Lo J » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Owen, definitiely
Lo J

Postby Owzat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:08 am

waccer wrote:
DrLiverpool wrote:I thought the manager had 30mil for transfers.

That £30m is dependent on qualifying for the Champs league - and getting past the first round too so we can forget that.

And £20M for Owen? Are you joking? In the current market we'd get £12m max, especially with his injury record.

We'll be luckuy to hang on to Owen - I reckon he's going and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kewell leave either, he's a right ba#ta#d - look at what he did to Leeds.

We'd get £25m easy for Owen, just not from any English club bar Chelski. I wouldn't sell him anyway, we are unlikely to be able to sign a striker as good for the money we'd get so where would be the point?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls