Total votes : 119

Postby ho11ywood » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 am

i voted no for the following reasons

1) the little cu.nt walked out on us thinking the grass would be greener
2) he is one dimensional and doesnt fit into the way we play
3) is plagued by injuries and this will never change
ho11ywood

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:50 am

At the start of the season its a deffo no for me!
But given Keanes failure to become a shadow of what he has been at Spurs and the worrying re occuring injury to Torres Id take him in an instant..IF HE COULD PLAY THIS SEASON!

His goal ratio at Newcastle is slightly better than 1 in every 2 starts!
Taking into account the many games he has played while no where near full fitness?....well it pretty much speaks for itself,that cannot be denied!
As for him leaving for Madrid and going to Newcastle over us,well I can understand sour grapes from people.But sometimes you have to swallow your pride.

Will it happen?
I doubt it...he can sign for us in January but cant play until next season,thats no good to us.We need someone in January unless Keane gets his act together.Nando's injury is a major major worry.If we have any chance of being up there at the end we need him fit.
Basically Owen would be good NOW but he cant play until next year and to be honest I doubt Rafa is looking that far ahead at present.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:53 am

Number 9 wrote:At the start of the season its a deffo no for me!
But given Keanes failure to become a shadow of what he has been at Spurs and the worrying re occuring injury to Torres Id take him in an instant..IF HE COULD PLAY THIS SEASON!

Taking into account the many games he has played while no where near full fitness?....well it pretty much speaks for itself,that cannot be denied!
As for him leaving for Madrid and going to Newcastle over us,well I can understand sour grapes from people.But sometimes you have to swallow your pride.

Will it happen?
I doubt it...he can sign for us in January but cant play until next season,thats no good to us.We need someone in January unless Keane gets his act together.Nando's injury is a major major worry.If we have any chance of being up there at the end we need him fit.
Basically Owen would be good NOW but he cant play until next year and to be honest I doubt Rafa is looking that far ahead at present.

Why can he not play for us till next season ? If we pay a small fee we can have him in January. Newcastle arn't going to let him run his contract down and get NOTHING back.
account deleted by request

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:59 am

cant see him stayin at the toon were will he go.. the bitters ??
kopite_1232002

Postby Number 9 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:00 am

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:At the start of the season its a deffo no for me!

Will it happen?

Why can he not play for us till next season ? If we pay a small fee we can have him in January. Newcastle arn't going to let him run his contract down and get NOTHING back.

I just dont think they'll let him go!
Club captain..most important player.They take £3m of us and be a shitty team again! :D

Or keep him and challenge in the second half of the season for a UEFA cup spot?More ££ for them in that!
Plus theres money for finishing higher up the league...Its not worth their while to flog him cheap..he's really the only goal scorer they can rely on.
Unless they have money put up to replace him..which I doubt,It would probably cost them to sell him cheap in Jan come season end!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ho11ywood » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:00 am

oh and 4

Ashley will not sell his best player when trying to sell the club.  If they go down he will get :censored: all for the club.  He wont be arsed about a small fee for Owen in Jan.  Let him go for free in the summer and get a better price for the club is the option I think he will take.....
ho11ywood

Postby aCe' » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:17 am

its not just a small fee... its a small fee and the big wages ... put together thats a transfer fee for a new player while paying some sensible waes so its definitely better business for them than keeping owen till the end of the season to finish 1 or 2 positions higher up the table... theyr not going to play in europe next season... no fcking way with the players they have atm and the way other teams have been performing... so finifhing 9th, 10th or even 15th ... doesnt make much of a difference... they'll probably sell in jan and interest in Owen IS high.... many other clubs and fans are talking about owen moving to their side...chelsea, mancity, everton, tottenham.. im sure theres more but thats just the ones iv heard of... we are going to really want to get him if we are to sign him because right now the way i see it, we need him more than he needs us.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:24 am

a simple yes for me...

... and I support rafa and I defend kuyt...   :cool:  .... even then I don't see a reason why I shouldn't have owen back... he's a great striker... as simple as that...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:31 am

ho11ywood wrote:i voted no for the following reasons

Who absolutely the fu.ck are you to make such rant?

He did walk away but to call him c.unt, well i think you can go f.uck yourself you tw@t. He doesn't deserve that.

He's not one dimensional and he does indeed fit the style we play.

GUESS WHAT, I THINK THAT IT IS YOU THAT ARE 1 DIMENSIONAL AND YOU CAN GO F.UCK YOURSELF CAUSE YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS F.UCKHEAD.

Think clearly before ridiculing yourself.

:angry:
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Rush Job » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:45 am

Sell Babel, loan out N Gog and flog Dossena.
That would free up plenty to sign Owen and pay him decent wages and still have a bit left over for a dable somewhere else.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:00 am

Sarge wrote:
ho11ywood wrote:i voted no for the following reasons

Who absolutely the fu.ck are you to make such rant?

He did walk away but to call him c.unt, well i think you can go f.uck yourself you tw@t. He doesn't deserve that.

He's not one dimensional and he does indeed fit the style we play.

GUESS WHAT, I THINK THAT IT IS YOU THAT ARE 1 DIMENSIONAL AND YOU CAN GO F.UCK YOURSELF CAUSE YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS F.UCKHEAD.

Think clearly before ridiculing yourself.

:angry:

sensible reply to his post i'd say  :D

seriously though.. the guy won European Footballer of the year when at his best and even now when he's suposedly lost it is still banging them in for fun for a pretty average newcastle side... he is one of few in the history of the english game to win that award... ad the only player in liverpool history to get it... was one of the best in the world and if he can stay away from injuries he could very well be one of the best strikers in the league ...

only reason i can think of as to why someone wouldnt have him back is because he decided to leave for RealMadrid when they came calling for him when his contract was almost up... well guess what... if you think its okay for Barry to want to move to our side given his contract is almost up why the fck is it such a big crime that hes decided to leave to try and win something somewhere else ?!

His positioning, awarness, and finishing are better than keane's, kuyt's and n'gog's combined FFS ! its ridiculous not to have him back... I bet all you fckers who are saying no now would be fckin chanting his name like :censored: whenever he scores... i know i would be.... i also know the jersey with his name and number would be the first id go out to get if he signs... dont know about calling him a legend for this club, but he sure comes close... probably the best finisher we had in recent times and if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have won most of the cups we did in the early 2000s, he was massive for us and probably thought he achieved all he could given our limitations.... a big YES OH PLEASE YES from me !

having said all that... im pretty sure Rafa has absolutely no intention of signing him anytime soon even if he was trying to sign a striker...Hes probably asking Lucas and Kuyt if they could recommend any more brilliant signings of their calibre...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:07 am

I still think we ought to sign a taller striker. We got Keane, Kuyt even El Zhar with the same conditions than him.
Remeber this is english football mates, and we use to play with long balls. We don´t need Owen.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:20 am

Alex G. wrote:I still think we ought to sign a taller striker. We got Keane, Kuyt even El Zhar with the same conditions than him.
Remeber this is english football mates, and we use to play with long balls. We don´t need Owen.

I don't think we play the english game anymore... and look at the mancs, they won the league with short fcks of strikers...  :D... and shouldn't this actually be in the football polls thread?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:24 am

maguskwt wrote:I don't think we play the english game anymore...

We don´t play long balls?? Behave mate :D
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:28 am

Alex G. wrote:
maguskwt wrote:I don't think we play the english game anymore...

We don´t play long balls?? Behave mate :D

nope I don't think we do... not in the sense of the english game get to the target man anyway... we play long passes to spread the ball...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls