Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Michael owen - Surely...

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes : 119

Postby Greavesie » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:45 pm

I voted yes but whether he deserves another chance at the club is the most contraversial part, I'm keeping out of this one :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Rush Job » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:46 pm

We really need someone who can play with Torres, i`m not sure Owen`s the man.
If he`s willing to take a hefty pay cut then yes because I`m pritty sure we cant fit another 100,000 a week player in.Which is probably why Rafa has said no to the idea.
Last edited by Rush Job on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:06 pm

no chance
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:18 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:2) The Dipstick went to Newcastle instead of coming back when he had the chance

Against his will. I remember when he was still a Real Madrid player saying once and again he preffered Liverpool and preffered to wait before saying yes to the magpies.

The lad made a mistake. Ok. But that's human, Stevie was also tempted at some point and there was danger of him leaving.

I think Owen paid his mistake and he has regretted big time the mistake already. Think of it Leon, your home club, you leave it because you want titles, and you see your home club winning the CHampions League. I think that was punnishment enough, let alone his injuries nightmare.

I'd like to have him back if it's a cheap operation. Because, one might lose pace, but it's difficult to lose intelligence. And he's probably one of the most intelligent players I've seen playing in my town. Top 5 at that, and if I wanted to remember players of the same intelligence I should think of the likes of Butragueño or Aldridge.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:31 pm

For purely football reasons and to improve the team and therefore improve our chance of winning the league this season, its a yes from me.
destro

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Sabre wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:2) The Dipstick went to Newcastle instead of coming back when he had the chance

Against his will. I remember when he was still a Real Madrid player saying once and again he preffered Liverpool and preffered to wait before saying yes to the magpies.

The lad made a mistake. Ok. But that's human, Stevie was also tempted at some point and there was danger of him leaving.

I think Owen paid his mistake and he has regretted big time the mistake already. Think of it Leon, your home club, you leave it because you want titles, and you see your home club winning the CHampions League. I think that was punnishment enough, let alone his injuries nightmare.

I'd like to have him back if it's a cheap operation. Because, one might lose pace, but it's difficult to lose intelligence. And he's probably one of the most intelligent players I've seen playing in my town. Top 5 at that, and if I wanted to remember players of the same intelligence I should think of the likes of Butragueño or Aldridge.

How has he regretted it? I have never heard him say he wants to return to us?

If he REALLY wanted to come back to us he would have said to Madrid he only wants to sign for Liverpool. If had done that instead of worrying about losing his England spot then he would be a Liverpool player now. But instead he puss'ied out and went to Newcastle in an attempt to get games so he can go to the world cup.

When Morientes was linked with us he was also linked with Newcastle and I believe they were going to pay 16Mil for him where we were only offering 6Mil. Morientes refused to agree any deal with Newcastle and eventually came to us. Owen could have taken that same route but he didnt have any balls.

In terms of what we need he fits the bill but he burnt too many bridges when he left and when he went to Newcastle so for that reason I cannot see Rafa buying him even if it is for 2Mil. Besides even if it was on a free im sure he would still be after mega wages.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean Ban » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:34 pm

I would love to see Owen back but it will come down to Rafa. Don't think he has ever rated Owen. Didn't see him as his type of player.
Sean Ban

Postby Sabre » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:40 pm

How has he regretted it? I have never heard him say he wants to return to us?

I have. In ENglish and in Spanish. More than once.

If he REALLY wanted to come back to us he would have said to Madrid he only wants to sign for Liverpool.

One of his interviews I have it nailed in my head, where there's plenty of space for videos. :D

He said in Spanish, asked by a Madrid journo why he wouldn't accept the Newcastle offer. The journo asked because they wanted him sold, yanno, Raul was Raul, even if Owen played better. Owen said, in a not fluent but clear enough Spanish "I want to go back to Liverpool and I preffer to wait until the last moment while there's still a chance to sign them up, so right now I won't sign up Newcastle".

Then the days passed and he eventually signed for them, but those were his words for the spanish tv
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:49 pm

Really? Well its too late now. I would be very surprised if Rafa made a move for him especially after ruling him out last week. But I would be happy also.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:21 am

I voted no. Once he left that was it for me, he wasnt willing to give rafa a chance, gerrard did. Gerrard ended up with a champs league medal, Owen was left with nothing worse than a warm botty from staying on the bench at Madrid. But hey in his words, he joined a top club.

Secondly, if we are looking at Owen why the hell dont we sign Kewell back? It would appear his injuries are behind him?

So my answer would be no. A half @ssed attitude is better than one that completely stinks.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:28 am

he could sign for £0 in jan and be ready to play for us next season at the ripe age of 29...

Some one tell me without the whole he fuc ked us of kak a better proven prem striker for that money

MO doesn't need money if liverpool came calling im sure he would take a massive pay cut...

And to every one that says he deserves to rot, who suffered the most when he left liverpool

Liverpool

Champions league finals 2
f.a cup
super cup
charity shield
world club cup

Or

M owen

-
-
-
-
-
-

there ''were were u in Istanbul chant must of gutted him''

He has had his punishment now lets get out number 10 back
kopite_1232002

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:30 am

kopite_1232002 wrote:he could sign for £0 in jan and be ready to play for us next season at the ripe age of 29...

Some one tell me without the whole he fuc ked us of kak a better proven prem striker for that money

MO doesn't need money if liverpool came calling im sure he would take a massive pay cut...

And to every one that says he deserves to rot, who suffered the most when he left liverpool

Liverpool

Champions league finals 2
f.a cup
super cup
charity shield
world club cup

Or

M owen

-
-
-
-
-
-

there ''were were u in Istanbul chant must of gutted him''

He has had his punishment now lets get out number 10 back

Add £ X amount of money he made in each of those blank spaces and the sympathy lessens.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:32 am

Well us accepting him back is one thing but the gaffer accepting him back is another. I hope some more stories do crop up though.

MO was actually speaking today on 5live about those comments Kinnear made about his contract. Wasnt really paying attention but anyone caught that bit id be interested to know what he said.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:36 am

if he's fit it's an absolute no brainer for me. the guy is a proven goalscorer. i've criticised him for the way he left but to be honest i'm past the stage of caring now. if we want to win the league we need another striker and he fits the bill.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby thegreedo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:46 am

As much as I hate to agree with Stu on anything I have to concede this one. Incidentally I think Rafa has made up his mind as far as Owen is concerned not to let him anywhere near the place. Yes Owen did let down Liverpool and Rafa in particular by not signing the contract he was offered but I feel it might be foolish not to take the oppertunity of getting our hands on a proven goalscorer for the cost of his salary when again today we have had to rely on goals from midfield to win us the game. If we are to sustain this challenge we need goals from our strikers and whatever history he may have with us Owen could well be the short term answer.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls