Swansea V Liverpool - Monday 16th March KO 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:30 am

First half was reminiscent of the dark days but much better in the second. Didn't think there was much in it other than that fortunate goal as both sides had chances.
The most important thing was to come away with all 3 points and we deserved to through some solid defending combined with good shot stopping from mingy. He was top class tonight, claimed everything he had to and punched clear everything else. A monster compared to earlier in the season. Thought skrtel also put in a commendable shift alongside sakho. He has a few poor and nervy moments but was excellent heading out from defense. Midfield was poor, coutinho's best position is central so he should start there. Joe allen was our best midfielder hands down.

Not pretty but another 3 points.  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:17 am

3 points in the bank and one game closer to happy-clappy land.  :ghostface:

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:33 am

It was a hard game afterall, but to get the three points that what is count.
Mignolet is the man of the match allong with Allen he has worked so hard to get  hold of the midfield especially Swansea were almost controlling it.
I would love BR to bring Jonjo Shelvey back to LFC espaecially after SG is leaving, Shelvey and Henderson in squad will give us more depth in future. I rate Shelvey so highly even better than Henderson, and I think BR made a big mistake letting him go for £5M. He has a strong winning attitude and desire which I think it is missing in our present squad.
GOOD LUCK ON SUNDAY
algymoon

Postby ethanr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:32 pm

Didn't get to see the game as I was at work.

A win is a win, even though that's about as lucky a goal as you get. We've been very fortunate against these this year. At home we had the Lallana deflected goal, and the OG by Shelvey.

That's 5 wins in a row in the league, including games against City and Spurs, and away to Southampton and Swansea. 4 of the 5 games, I don't think anybody would be surprised if we dropped points, so that's pretty damn good. 8 wins out of the last 9 league games, and 13 unbeaten league games. Not much we can complain about right now.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:04 pm

A messy win ,but a victory nonetheless ,Mignolet was superb and completely merits the plaudits he is now receiving ,that's 7 clean sheets in the the last ten
a record that denotes his standing as arguably one of the best keepers in the Premiership.

First half was chaotic and as disorganised as you are likely to see from such an attacking team ,second half we showed some of the football we're more familiar
with and suppressed Swansea's time and space on the ball significantly,with Allen and Henderson particularly imposing.

Three vital points ,next up the Manc's
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games