JORDAN IBE - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:52 pm

I'd rather we didn't loan him out, he could be a decent option off the bench (he's the type of player that could make something happen) and we are going to need players to play in the domestic cup competitions.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:52 pm wrote:I'd rather we didn't loan him out, he could be a decent option off the bench (he's the type of player that could make something happen) and we are going to need players to play in the domestic cup competitions.

Agreed looks ready to play NOW
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:14 am

Off to Derby County by the looks of it
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:18 pm

confirmed

Derby have signed Jordon Ibe on loan for the season.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:19 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:18 am wrote:confirmed

Strange one that, I'm sure he could have been of some use to us this season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:19 pm wrote:

Staying with us this season he would maybe have got some game time against "lesser" opposition ?,  but if Derby have promised regular 1st team footy then, with a view to his development it's probably a good move for him and us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:25 pm

^ Agree with woof above
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:55 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:19 pm wrote:

Staying with us this season he would maybe have got some game time against "lesser" opposition ?,  but if Derby have promised regular 1st team footy then, with a view to his development it's probably a good move for him and us.

At his age I don't think it's critical that he plays every week, especially in a division as demanding as the championship, you often see refs wave away challenges in that league that would be certain reds in the prem and as a flying winger he's going to be a prime candidate for some rough house treatment. Sending a defender like Wisdom or workhorses like Spearing and Coady into the lower divisions is one thing, but a Rolls Royce like Ibe is another.
Raheem didn't go out on loan and I don't think Jordan needs to either. Obviously Rodgers thinks differently but managers don't always get it right i.e continually playing Glenn Johnson and even Gerrard.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:50 pm

It was different with Sterling, we had a thin squad and some Sh*t players that we just had to risk it and give Sterling a try. With Ibe it's different, we have some good players and with our squad being thicker now (Sterling, Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana and even Suso are all ahead of him), I think it's a good move for Ibe because his game-time would have been very limited here.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:09 pm

if ibe was that far along in his development then im sure he wouldnt have been sent out on loan. i agree that sterling came along when we hadnt got the players like we have now but if rodgers believed ibe was as good as sterling i dont think he would have spent as much on players this summer in forward positions. ibe is good but sterling was imo much sharper at the same age. ibe is stronger physically but sterling has turned that part of his game around and has become hard to take the ball off.
the problem is now that we have bought players that can play in his position who are young and have to gel this season and should that happen then ibe could find it harder to force his way in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 pm wrote: Sending a defender like Wisdom or workhorses like Spearing and Coady into the lower divisions is one thing, but a Rolls Royce like Ibe is another.

Rolls Royce !   :laugh:

Mate if he was a Rolls Royce he'd be in the starting eleven every week.

He's may only be 19 but I think he can handle himself in a lower division, he made at least half a dozen appearances for Wycombe when just 16 and double that for Birmingham earlier this year, he knows what to expect.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:55 pm

How many Liverpool players have gone on loan then become starters for us? I think not many. Usually when they go on loan they don't come back to the starting 11. We do have a young team so maybe that changes it this time. I question how far he would develop in ther championship, I would perfer a more technical league like Spain or Portugal that would enhance his technical abilities than the Championship.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Ibe is only 18, not many players get loaned out at that age. He's younger than most of the lads playing in our U21's. He should have stayed with us and played in the domestic cup competitions etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:57 pm

:nod Think we could do with this lad back now  to be honest   :nod
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby only me » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:46 am

ballotelliman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:57 am wrote::nod Think we could do with this lad back now  to be honest   :nod

Absolutely true! I thought he could have been of immediate value this year ,Don't see a world of difference between him and Marcovich ,Hendo or coutinho...
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion