JORDAN IBE - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:01 pm

If he is recalled then it might mean that no one is coming in this month.
I reckon suso will be let go to milan before the month is out also but he hardly brought Ibe back to play a few minutes here and there as that would be just silly seeing as he is getting what he was sent out for in the first place.

Still I would much rather see this happen than the Club shell out any more on origi.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:37 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:01 pm wrote:If he is recalled then it might mean that no one is coming in this month.
I reckon suso will be let go to milan before the month is out also but he hardly brought Ibe back to play a few minutes here and there as that would be just silly seeing as he is getting what he was sent out for in the first place.

Still I would much rather see this happen than the Club shell out any more on origi.

I wasn't keen on the original decision to loan him out (especially when it became obvious that one or two of the new signings were struggling to find their feet) but a lot has changed since August, as it stands surely it would be in the best interest of both the player and club for him to see out the rest of the season at Derby?
When players have got used to playing in competative games infront of decent crowds (Derbys average home gate so far this season is 28,000) sometimes they find it hard readjust to U21 football. I hope Brendan is not bringing him back just to sit on the sidelines.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:09 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:37 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:01 pm wrote:If he is recalled then it might mean that no one is coming in this month.

I wasn't keen on the original decision to loan him out (especially when it became obvious that one or two of the new signings were struggling to find their feet) but a lot has changed since August, as it stands surely it would be in the best interest of both the player and club for him to see out the rest of the season at Derby?
When players have got used to playing in competative games infront of decent crowds (Derbys average home gate so far this season is 28,000) sometimes they find it hard readjust to U21 football. I hope Brendan is not bringing him back just to sit on the sidelines.

I really hope so I wrote a season or two ago that this kid has future star all over him,we really need to unleash the boy and show what he got ,unfortunately BR sticks to the Hendo/Gerrard duo which Ibe should be replacing....I don't see him coming before Coutinho LAllana or Sterling ....not much room.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Would have preferred if he stayed on loan for the rest of the season as he would get to play more but I think there'll be plenty of game-time for a young lad like him with us as well. I doubt he'll play too much in the league but there's also the FA cup to think about as well as the Europa league. Also, Brendan said that he would like to rest Sterling more in the second half of the season, so maybe Ibe will get a chance when Sterling is resting.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Good game yesterday but shouldn't play as a wing-back anymore, should be played more forward. Lallana would do better at RWB IMO (or Markovic of course). In fact, we might even try to use Ibe as a striker since his shooting looks better than Sterling's.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:19 am

Looked even better than vs Everton. Our most effective attacking player yesterday IMHO. Few weeks ago we would be panicking if we saw a lineup against a top team without Sterling. But Ibe's play ensured we didn't miss Sterling too much last night. Having Sturridge back in the starting 11 also ensured a certain level of issuance.Though of course, a team with Ibe AND Sterling AND Sturridge would be great to watch. :)

Hopefully he can pick up from here and go on to greater things.
alxy

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:47 pm

I think the biggest compliment this lad received was Spurs doubling up on him in the 2nd half of the match, every time he had the ball Spurs had 2 men tracking him

Big future  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:03 pm

This guy looks extremely promising, with superb pace and good control. In the first half he was running riot, so little wonder they doubled up on him in the second half.

Let's hope he gets some more matches under his belt with Palace and the Waffer cup coming up.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:37 pm

He is cup tied for Palace unfortunately.
Might not be a bad thing for him to have a game off after playing two massive games in 4 days. Get him back in for Southampton away.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby tonna » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:13 am

7_Kewell » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:03 pm wrote:This guy looks extremely promising, with superb pace and good control. In the first half he was running riot, so little wonder they doubled up on him in the second half.

Let's hope he gets some more matches under his belt with Palace and the Waffer cup coming up.

Agree with you - he's the best prospect I've seen for years.
This guy could be anything.
What a find for us.
tonna
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Tony Barrett and Paul Joyce both reporting that Ibe is to to be handed a new long term 4-5 year deal to reward him for recent form, however also reporting that we are also trying to complete deals for Sterling & Henderson but discussions have hit deadlock after months of negotiations.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Liverpool youngster Jordon Ibe is to be rewarded with a new contract following his impressive return to the Merseyside club.
Ibe has made a significant breakthrough at Anfield in recent weeks having enjoyed a successful loan period at Derby County for the first half of this season.
He is now a key member of Brendan Rodgers’s side, having been summoned back in January, and is likely to start tonight’s Europa League tie with Besiktas.
Ibe can expect a considerable pay hike as well as extended terms on his current deal which runs out in 2017. Liverpool are negotiating a much longer term arrangement for the 19-year-old.
Ibe was signed from Wycombe in 2012, while Kenny Dalglish was still manager, and there are expectations he will be the next English talent to be established for club and country.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:07 am

I remember last season a mate of mine who is a Palace fan was raving about Sterling and i said we have a better youngster coming through in Ibe, this lad is going to have a great career if he carries on improving the way he has over the past couple of years but i think giving him 8 and 9's for the Besiktas game is going OTT, he was playing at WB and his defensive qualities were really poor and constantly left our right side exposed, he is great going forward, strong with the ball, great pace and a good shot but his crosses need to improve along with his defensive qualities if he wants to cement his place in the starting 11.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:21 am

He has been absolutely immense since he came into the first team and the best thing about it is, he can get much, much better. It is hugely exciting to watch his development and credit to Rodgers for bringing him back and for giving him a chance.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ancient Sunlight » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:34 am

Very exciting player. Goes through players like they aren't there. Great pace and acceleration. A minor criticism would be for him to develop his left peg more. Because once that happens he would be unpredictable and unplayable in the same instance.
Ancient Sunlight
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion