Swansea V Liverpool - Monday 16th March KO 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Another cup final for us this one, in fact every game until the end of the season is, going to Swansea is never easy but will be helped with Bony gone and Gomis not looking to healthy at the moment

Good news... Joe Allen is fit, Sakho is fit, Gerrard nearly there

Bad news.. Lucas still out, Flanagan out of course and Glen Johnson fit

Would like to see Joe Allen resume his central midfield partnership with Jordan Henderson, Sturridge up front with Coutinho and Sterling tucked in behind

I hope my synopsis is ok  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:42 pm

As you say mate this one is massive, it's all well and good everyone pointing at United's fixture list and saying they've got a terrible run in but if we don't win these types of games then it's all academic anyway.
I'd go with this side myself -

Mingolet

Can      Skrtel/Toure      Sakho

Sterling         Hendo    Allen         Moreno

Lallana      Coutinho

Sturridge
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:26 pm

I hate Monday night games
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Boocity » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:26 pm wrote:I hate Monday night games

me too mate, think on bright side, at least we wont have FA cup replay on the wednesday
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:29 pm

In our live press conference SG has said he is fit and available for the Swansea match

Kind of hoping BR shows some balls and keeps him on bench and perhaps gives him last 15-20 minutes
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:15 am

cardiff-red » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:11 pm wrote:
Boocity » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:26 pm wrote:I hate Monday night games

me too mate, think on bright side, at least we wont have FA cup replay on the wednesday

Until the clocks go forward in the UK it's a midnight kick off over here which makes getting up for work the next day that bit harder :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:42 pm wrote:As you say mate this one is massive, it's all well and good everyone pointing at United's fixture list and saying they've got a terrible run in but if we don't win these types of games then it's all academic anyway.
I'd go with this side myself -

Mingolet

Can      Skrtel/Toure      Sakho

Sterling         Hendo    Allen         Moreno

Lallana      Coutinho

Sturridge

I'd go with the same, but I'm pretty sure Brendan will start with Gerrard in this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:48 pm

Now that the scum have taken Spurs apart this afternoon it makes our monday night game even more of a must win

The pressure is really on us now, lose or even draw and the gap really grows, even more so if we fail to beat the scum a week today

Must win, come on lads :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:29 am

Calm my friend....... Ure's run in to the end of the season is far worse than ours.... we need 3 points tonight but if we get a point then it's better than nowt and the onus is still on Ure to win all their remaining games. We have the upper hand - in principle.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:06 am

cardiff-red » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:48 pm wrote:Now that the scum have taken Spurs apart this afternoon it makes our monday night game even more of a must win

The pressure is really on us now, lose or even draw and the gap really grows, even more so if we fail to beat the scum a week today

Must win, come on lads :buttrock

Yes!  agreed... We must win! COME ON!!!!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:34 am

Good player jonjo shelvey... Wanted him to develop and become the next Gerrard...

Swansea's Jonjo shelvey says Liverpool boss Brendan
Rodgers tried to persuade him not to leave Anfield in 2013.
Midfielder Shelvey, 23, told BBC Sport Rodgers even called his dad in a last-ditch attempt to halt the move.
"I was on the way to Swansea and he told me I didn't have to go," said Shelvey, who faces his former club in the Premier League on Monday.
"He spent hours on the phone to my dad in an effort to try and get me to stay. But I had made up my mind to come."
ADVERTISEMENT
Advertisement
Shelvey, who joined Liverpool as an 18-year-old from Charlton in 2010, has had a lively 18 months in south Wales since being signed for £5m by Michael Laudrup in the summer of 2013.
After being criticised for his "laziness" by Swans boss Garry Monk earlier in the season, Shelvey has made an impressive return to the side and is aiming to maintain that form in Monday's match at the Liberty Stadium.
"I feel as though I always do OK against Liverpool but something always happens, whether I score, or give the ball away, or score an own goal. It's just weird. It happens to be against Liverpool," Shelvey said.

Shelvey's Liverpool reunions
Lose 4-1, Anfield, Premier League Shelvey scores an own goal
Lose 2-1, Anfield, Capital One Cup Liverpool score twice in last five minutes
Lose 4-3, Anfield, Premier League Shelvey scores
Draw 2-2, Liberty Stadium, Premier League Shelvey scores and assists but makes mistakes leading to both Liverpool goals

'I wanted the ground to swallow me up'
Shelvey's reunions with his former club have certainly been eventful, not least when he had a hand in all four goals in a 2-2 draw at the Liberty under Laudrup two months after leaving the Reds. After scoring 87 seconds into the match, he made two sloppy passes that led to Liverpool goals.
"I can remember sitting in my seat just wanting the ground to swallow me up at half-time. I didn't want to go back out on the pitch," Shelvey recalls.
"But then the gaffer said he was going to make a substitution and I thought 'yes I can get off the pitch'. But I'd have been going off the pitch knowing I'd been a failure. Luckily I went back out, rolled my sleeves up, and came through a sticky patch."
'Gerrard wanted me to stay too'
Despite Rodgers' attempts to keep him at Anfield, Shelvey says the Anfield boss gave him his blessing to move to a team the Northern Irishman had previously managed.

Jonjo Shelvey on 'mad' life next door to Gerrard
"I will always be grateful to Brendan because he was honest and said he couldn't offer me the game-time I wanted and needed. He had a great relationship with Swansea and he told me they would be a perfect fit for me if I did want to leave," Shelvey said.
Rodgers was not the only one at Anfield who held Shelvey in high esteem, with club captain Steven Gerrard also apparently keen for the midfielder to remain at the club.
"I was living next door to Stevie at the time and I texted him to say I was going down to Swansea. He asked me to really consider it. It is a big thing for someone like me to get someone like him saying that to me," said Shelvey.
"But I wanted to play football and I wanted to know that if you had one bad game after three or four good games you are not going to come out of the team."

Shelvey scored an own goal against Liverpool in his last match against them earlier this season
Addressing his attitude
One of the low points of Shelvey's Swansea career was being publicly told to "wise up" by Monk. Such has been the improvement in Shelvey's attitude since then that his manager now believes the midfielder can play for England.
"I know a lot gets twisted round in terms of media - he explained to me what he meant by it, and we cleared the air, and I feel I have benefited from him coming out and saying those words," Shelvey said.
"It was only two or three days ago that he said he thought I should get another England call-up. So times change in football, and you have to learn from what your managers says, and kick on. I feel like my attitude is a lot better and I probably owe that to the gaffer here."
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Apparently Lucas is available for selection. Personally I'd save him for the United game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:10 pm

stmichael » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:07 pm wrote:Apparently Lucas is available for selection. Personally I'd save him for the United game.

Good call mate

btw.... Balotelli is not in tonight's squad due to illness
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:17 pm

shelvey is w@nk, he'll pose no threat to us.

Swansea 0 - 2 LFC
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:03 pm

I'd play Lucas in CM with Joe Allen. You want him to have a run out before the United game in case he's a bit ring rusty. Give him the arm band as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games