Liverpool V Basel CL - 9th Dec 2014 7.45pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:57 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:22 pm wrote:gutted we are knocked out but not surprised. In the 1st half we were absolute tosh, poor all over and never looked like getting anything from the game.
second half was a bit better when we lost the dead weight in lambert and then that idiot decides to throw a slap at yer man and see's red  :down:  what a moron.
The whole campaign has been muck anyway and now we are sentenced to that poxy europa league  :down:

The Europa league looks our best bet of qualifying for next years CL atm, we've probably got more chance of winning that than overhauling United or Arsenal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:31 am

So disappointed with that game ,how can you let 45 minutes pass you by in your most important game of the season ? How can you stick one striker up front
when goals were so vital to our progression ? Why would you play Enrique and sit Moreno on the bench ? How the fuck did Henderson end up playing as a winger ?
Why was Allen deemed so important when we needed invention not industry?  How can you justify leaving Can and Lallana on the bench ,when we needed our
best offensive line up ?

To make matters worse I get home and have to endure Rodgers saying "we haven't been in the Champions League for years,and this campaign was a learning curve" ?
I wish he would have shared this sooner before I tipped up at Anfield   ??? it was only yesterday he stated we could win the fucking thing !

That first half was a performance of a team that has lost all faith with the manager ,it was fucking soulless,I mean the sheer magnitude of the occasion should
have seen those players giving the performance of their lives from the get go  ,not just for the last 15 minutes.

f*cking fuming ,I may calm down tomorrow ,but for now I'm crest fallen ,and I've lost any remnants of hope I had in the manager turning our season around.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:00 am

Well said. Shocker all round.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:05 am

When you have class players. You are already 1-0 mentally. We've got so much poor poor POOR sh!t it's unbelievable.

When you play two holding midfielders at home, in a game you must win, with arguably our best performer this season on the bench, the opposition must have been licking their lips.

Where was Coutinho?

Where was Moreno?

Why was Hendo on the right?

Why did we have ONE striker as our only option again?

It all comes down to one man.

He's slowing digging his own grave, where have the explosive high tensity starts gone? This time last year we were rolling teams over 1st 20 mins. Now if takes 75 to muster a half decent chance.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:43 am

Can anyone honestly say they're surprised by the outcome? We knew it was coming. Same again on sat'dee.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:07 am

Reg » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:43 am wrote:Can anyone honestly say they're surprised by the outcome? We knew it was coming. Same again on sat'dee.

Agree. We don't have any forwards to score ATM.

We need Sturridge and Balotelli back in the side as quickly as possible.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:13 am

Yep.

You mean our injury prone top striker who will get 7 bells kicked out of him and hobble off again after 20 minutes, out for another 6 weeks, or our Hannibal Lecter who couldn't score in a brothel? I don't know if I'll have the courage to watch the game, I really don't think my nerves could take it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:07 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:31 pm wrote:So disappointed with that game ,how can you let 45 minutes pass you by in your most important game of the season ? How can you stick one striker up front
when goals were so vital to our progression ? Why would you play Enrique and sit Moreno on the bench ? How the fuck did Henderson end up playing as a winger ?
Why was Allen deemed so important when we needed invention not industry?  How can you justify leaving Can and Lallana on the bench ,when we needed our
best offensive line up ?

To make matters worse I get home and have to endure Rodgers saying "we haven't been in the Champions League for years,and this campaign was a learning curve" ?
I wish he would have shared this sooner before I tipped up at Anfield   ??? it was only yesterday he stated we could win the fucking thing !

That first half was a performance of a team that has lost all faith with the manager ,it was fucking soulless,I mean the sheer magnitude of the occasion should
have seen those players giving the performance of their lives from the get go  ,not just for the last 15 minutes.

f*cking fuming ,I may calm down tomorrow ,but for now I'm crest fallen ,and I've lost any remnants of hope I had in the manager turning our season around.

Did he really say learning curve?  :laugh:  The notion BR applied any learning this past 2 month is absurd ,he plays same tactics same lineups same outcome (aka shocking performance and results) and he dares talk about learning? Really becoming a con artist this guy. I admired him for what he did this past years but what a disastrous turn around it blows my mind.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:22 am

I cant believe in the biggest game of the season (so far) that he picked a line up defensive minded when we needed to attack.

That was the worst team sheet I have seen. I also thought the red card was a disgrace, and it was a kick in the teeth because Markovic was having a real dig.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby tonna » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:55 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:31 pm wrote:So disappointed with that game ,how can you let 45 minutes pass you by in your most important game of the season ? How can you stick one striker up front
best offensive line up ?

Well said.
Says it all, I've got nothing at all to add.
I'd like to see the stats for Henderson and Allen who were invisible except when they messed things up.
tonna
LFC Basic Member

Postby mart » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:34 am

tonyeh » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:25 pm wrote:But, at least, Steven proved why he should still be on the pitch.

I'd say he proved that he should never be a deep lying playmaker/defensive midfielder (as many have said for a long time) but play further forward where he can do the most good if and when he plays. I still dont think Gerrard should be playing every match, but at least we get a bit more of the old Gerrard when he pushes forward.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:16 am

The comedy show of BR continues at its best!, from the outset when you look at the starting line up everyone can see that the team will struggle badly, however the team line up was a negative and defensive one with two holding midfield players cancelling each other out!, Ok we understand that Lucas was vital in team, but I did not understand what the F**K  Allen was doing, he is a master of square passes a total useless, as the other donkey Henderson he is in team because he is vice-captain nothing else. No creative players was in side apart of SG, as for Sterling he plays on his own,  end product is ZERO as always, he need vast improvement!!

The Idiot BR should have started with CAN and Coutinho instead of the two donkeys (Allen + Henderson), at least Can has a goal in him and make forward runs and more solid than the other two donkeys.

The first 70 minutes we were not in the game, it is only the last 20 all of the sudden some of the players managed to find the fighting sprits which was missing so far this season and started to play!!!, { and due to the harsh sending off by the Dutch referee } However why this fighting sprits was so subdue in the first 70 minutes?. The answer was down to the Idiot BR tactics and team instruction!
How do you start with one lone striker in such important make or break game, it is totally beyond me, furthermore, BR has taken off the lonely striker at half time, and adopted Spain formation, he is really clever all right!!!!!!. The man has lost it totally

People are already started talking about winning the Europa cup, which I don’t think we will do well in it, and will be out at the early stages of it.

As long as BR stays in charge, the team performance will stay the same until the end of the season and it will be full disappoints all the way.

The best LFC do is to sack this idiot right away and put King Kenny and SG in charge on temporary basis until end of the season, just to salvage LFC season and bring back some pride to the LFC and its fans.
algymoon

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:31 am

algymoon wrote:The best LFC do is to sack this idiot right away and put King Kenny and SG in charge on temporary basis until end of the season, just to salvage LFC season and bring back some pride to the LFC and its fans.

Firstly the owners wont go for a temp manager again due to what happend with Kenny

secondly if they did it would not be Kenny and there is no way kenny would take it again

I do agree BR needs to go

Start the interviewing with

De boer
Klopp
Mancini

in that order

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:49 am

best offensive line up ?

all of the above...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Was merely a continuation of every game we have played this season and starting with a more
defensive team didn't help as it just gave Basel the incentive to attack.

With that side all you have to deal with is Sterling and don't give any free kicks away near goal
to nullify Gerrards contribution and after that you can pour everyone forward as no one else
will hurt you. Basel did and deservedly scored.

Things aren't going to improve Im afraid and this is us for the remainder of the campaign as
cannot see any funds being allocated in Januray unless we can sell and we cant even do that.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games