LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:26 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:52 pm wrote:
metalhead » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:10 pm wrote:I'm not convinced about him either, he doesn't have a commanding presence and his distribution is as bad as Mignolet.

BUT

De Gea was shyte in his first season, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait.

De Gea made some true howlers. Remember him bending down to pick up the ball and then pushing it into his own net on one occasion  :D

That said, I think Karius needs a season to prove himself. F**k knows we've given Migs enough time and - as the Leeds match proved - he'll never be good enough for a top side.

Agreed mate,

I'll wait till next season and hope he proves us all wrong.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:05 am

Trust the manager. Rafa knows best.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:58 pm

He is worse than Mignolet on his showings so far. Sell Migs and buy a top quality keeper and push Karius to the bench and tell him to show he is worth a starting place because at the moment he is way off it. Emits zero confidence to the defence in front of him and teams have wised up to him a real weak link
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:07 pm

I agree. Keep him as backup so he can learn from a proper keeper.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:39 pm

We need to do something as this farce can't continue, as it stands Mingolet is a lot better than Karius but Simon has dropped plenty of clangers himself over the past couple of years. We haven't had a reliable keeper since Reina was in his pomp. The likes of Courtois, Lloris, De Gea and even Cech are on a different level to what we've got.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:39 pm wrote:We need to do something as this farce can't continue, as it stands Mingolet is a lot better than Karius but Simon has dropped plenty of clangers himself over the past couple of years. We haven't had a reliable keeper since Reina was in his pomp. The likes of Courtois, Lloris, De Gea and even Cech are on a different level to what we've got.

Mate I'd go as far to say some of competitors have better back up keepers than the two we have. Begavic, Hart, Ospina and even Vorm would probably do a better job
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:50 pm

If we don't snap a quality one i would bring in Hart in Jan. His much better than what we have and does have an impact on defenders. His on loan for a year so don't know how that would work out.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:39 pm wrote:We need to do something as this farce can't continue, as it stands Mingolet is a lot better than Karius but Simon has dropped plenty of clangers himself over the past couple of years. We haven't had a reliable keeper since Reina was in his pomp. The likes of Courtois, Lloris, De Gea and even Cech are on a different level to what we've got.

Simone main weakness is handling set pieces but this lad can't do both...Simone is much better then Karius at this stage of their careers.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:16 pm

only me » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:12 pm wrote:

Simone main weakness is handling set pieces but this lad can't do both...Simone is much better then Karius at this stage of their careers.

Migs would have not won that punch out against Carroll.

I've calmed down a but now...the freekick was a poor piece of goalkeeping. I forgive him for the second goal. His distrubition was decent today...but we really need to ship out Migs and bring in a competent number 1.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:19 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:16 pm wrote:

Migs would have not won that punch out against Carroll.

I've calmed down a but now...the freekick was a poor piece of goalkeeping. I forgive him for the second goal. His distrubition was decent today...but we really need to ship out Migs and bring in a competent number 1.

Sorry mate grasping at straws...Both the goals he conceded were soft ,hesitant, really some basic goal keeping faults...Migs doesn't leave his line yes he is petrified but his instincts when it comes to 1on1 ,his reaction ,his quickness...Really no competition....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:22 pm

I think thats the thing with Karius. Its not just one aspect he is struggling with, and trying to fix them when you are LFC's no 1 isnt going to work. Needs to be taken out for the good of the team and himself
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 pm

redshade » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:50 pm wrote:If we don't snap a quality one i would bring in Hart in Jan. His much better than what we have and does have an impact on defenders. His on loan for a year so don't know how that would work out.

An experienced ex title winner like Hart would be ideal for us mate but I can't see City wanting to do us any favours, especially as they are pretty much in the same boat as us themselves (good going forward, ropey at the back).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:48 am

Watched replays of Payets goal quite a few times and have to admit Karius positioning was poor and movement slow. He should have saved that.
The freekick did not have alot of power behind it.
There was a massive gap and payet picked the obvious choice.

Second goal after watching it again few times was a defensive clanger.
Matip did not read the ball at all.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:00 am

redshade » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:48 am wrote:Watched replays of Payets goal quite a few times and have to admit Karius positioning was poor and movement slow. He should have saved that.
The freekick did not have alot of power behind it.
There was a massive gap and payet picked the obvious choice.

Second goal after watching it again few times was a defensive clanger.
Matip did not read the ball at all.

2nd goal ,the original "sin" was of course Matip's but Karius reaction was just terrible...Really against basic goal keeping instincts.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:14 am

One of my colleagues was telling me there's a growing stir amongst Man Citeh fans that they want to bring Hart back.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion