LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Reg » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:41 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:53 pm wrote:
Reg » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:05 am wrote:Confidence?

When I moved to Brazil in 1988 I bagged off and got my first ***** on the first night in town.

Confidence?

He's paid a 100 thou a week to be confident.  All I had to buy her was two halves of lager and a packet of crisps.

How is the wife Reg   :;):

Soft lad.....  :kungfu:

I knew I was on to something when I told her I was English and she asked me if that was near America!   :laugh:  :laugh:

:D

(honest story that by the way, both the sh.ag and the question!)

Sorry mate couldn't resist, but you did leave yourself wide open for that one.  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:55 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:08 pm

We will have to bung him in and let him make mistakes because keepers are a special case, only after a very good run in the side will we start to evaluate if he can be a top player for us long term.

United put £20m into De Gea and let him work through the rough patches and we are now in a similar position with Karius just without the financial pressure.

His start has been predictable in many ways, hesitant on crosses and generally a bit nervous really, for all the fascade its a big deal keeping goal for Liverpool.

When you look at the standard set at start of this campaign keeping overall has been ordinary, Bravo at City, De Gea and Courtois all struggling at times, we have two good options, not perfect but definitely adequate.

I think its become a bit tougher too with refs clamping down on holding, easier for opposing players to break free particularly on set pieces and putting keepers in more peril, lads running in and around you, not easy.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:23 pm

parchpea » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:08 pm wrote:We will have to bung him in and let him make mistakes because keepers are a special case, only after a very good run in the side will we start to evaluate if he can be a top player for us long term.

United put £20m into De Gea and let him work through the rough patches and we are now in a similar position with Karius just without the financial pressure.

His start has been predictable in many ways, hesitant on crosses and generally a bit nervous really, for all the fascade its a big deal keeping goal for Liverpool.

When you look at the standard set at start of this campaign keeping overall has been ordinary, Bravo at City, De Gea and Courtois all struggling at times, we have two good options, not perfect but definitely adequate.

I think its become a bit tougher too with refs clamping down on holding, easier for opposing players to break free particularly on set pieces and putting keepers in more peril, lads running in and around you, not easy.

Good post.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:16 am

Simply too early to judge the lad
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:45 pm

At the moment he is no better than Mignolet..
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 pm

Still stand by opinion it is too early to judge (and Carra made a good point about De Gea looking poor when he first arrived) but do think he is still work in progress. Is a young lad at 23 but don't seem to confident with him when dealing with crosses. Couple of times now where his made his made his mind to come out but has flapped at crosses and not looked in control. Hopefully that will come the more game time he gets but think he needs plenty of time on the training pitch
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:05 pm

He'd better sharpen up quickly because he is causing concern for the players and the fans
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:51 pm

As always with these things, I think we'll have to trust the manager on this one. Migs had TWO YEARS in the sticks and was poor throughout. I'm prepared to give Karius the season before making a judgement call on the lad.

Thing is, Klopp doesn't suffer fools - hence Skittles, Sakho, Migs, Ibe, Benteke, Mario, Bogdan and Marokovic have all gone out of the door. As a result, if Loris doesn't impress, I'm happy that our gaffa will do the right thing.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:32 am

He looks a bag of nerves atm, mind you I was a bag of nerves myself when he passed the ball straight to that United player at the edge of our box, should have really been a goal that, United made a complete pigs breakfast out of a golden opportunity.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby alxy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:05 am

Amazing that he could have what is considered a poor night when he didn't have a save to make! At the moment he is no better than Mignolet, but with the key difference being he will improve as he goes along. But maybe one thing he does seem to have that Mignolet doesn't is.... luck! So far all his mistakes have not yet led to goals, whereas I dare say if it had been Miggy, we might have shipped at least 2-3 goals from those mistakes.

As with many others, I'm prepared to trust Jurgen's judgement and give Loris some more time. I just wish we'd sometimes play with the directness that we used to. I remember Pepe's quick distribution upfield that led to quite a few goals. Nowadays we seem to want to play out the back. Which is scary cuz opponents know this and often press us into making mistakes.
alxy

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:23 am

Geez... what did you guys expect when we bought him? That we're getting the next Oliver Kahn? We bought him from Mainz, Germany's mid table club for 5 million. I didnt expect him to be even better than Mignolet. Maybe just more suited to JK's style and he has more potential.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:29 am

His young and needs time. I had a quick look at his profile i didn't no he played at youth level with man city in 09-11.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:50 am

Neville had me screaming at the TV,dont care how popular he is hes an absolute shi@thouse and cant stand him. Never let up having a dig at Karius.

Karius was nervous but he didnt have anything to do really.

Neville should have turned attention to the £90m flop Pogba who was bang average last night.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:44 am

Well he needs to start improving pretty effin quick because next week we play Pulis's West Brom at the Hawthorns and playing a flappy keeper against a Tony Pulis side is the equivalent of playing a slow CB against a prime Thierry Henry.
It would be a real shame to rip up all this hard work that we've done in the first 8 games through comedy goalkeeping.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion