LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:44 am wrote:Well he needs to start improving pretty effin quick because next week we play Pulis's West Brom at the Hawthorns and playing a flappy keeper against a Tony Pulis side is the equivalent of playing a slow CB against a prime Thierry Henry.
It would be a real shame to rip up all this hard work that we've done in the first 8 games through comedy goalkeeping.

Hope it's not at the Hawthorns, I'm driving to Anfield Saturday afternoon  :D
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:03 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:44 am wrote:Well he needs to start improving pretty effin quick because next week we play Pulis's West Brom at the Hawthorns and playing a flappy keeper against a Tony Pulis side is the equivalent of playing a slow CB against a prime Thierry Henry.
It would be a real shame to rip up all this hard work that we've done in the first 8 games through comedy goalkeeping.

Hope it's not at the Hawthorns, I'm driving to Anfield Saturday afternoon  :D

Have we got 2 home games on the bounce? Things are looking up!
(In fact with the Spurs cup game it will be 3)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby alxy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:30 am

Still haven't seen him make a save of note, let alone a string of saves. I think he needs those in order to gain more confidence and fit in better with the team. We should get that against Spurs though. But he might not be playing. JK might just give Miggy a shot at the cups
alxy

Postby ukfcpool » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:03 pm

He still has a lot to learn. He has made a month on the team, but the upoming year will determine whether he trully belongs there.
ukfcpool
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Mignolet at least showed us what he's good at right from the start. I'm always against pointing fingers at goalies, I always said that our week defending was down to the defence as a whole rather than the goalie, but I think it's very harsh on Mignolet to replace him with someone who so far looks like he can only be as good as him (at best), in a time when it finally looks like our defence has somewhat settled and isn't as leaky as it used to be. I know it's early, especially for a goalie, but I don't see the point in replacing Mignolet with someone who's not better than him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Was surprised at how solid Kloppos support for Karius was in todays presser and it came over to me that Mignolet has a massive job on getting back in outside the cup games.

Whilst he praised Mignolets commitment he made it clear the players not happy but Karius is his number 1.

Certainly didnt feel as though Klopp ponders over the position now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:56 pm

I'm going to trust Klopp on this one.

He said in today's presser how he has watched Karius for the past few season and rates him highly. In fact he was chased by Dortmunt before we signed him, so I think we need to give him a season to see how he does.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Ahem
:suspect:
Thommo's perm

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:40 pm

for a few of the goals we've conceded he just doesn't seem to react quick enough. almost like he's rooted to the spot. One of the goals he came charging out towards the oncoming player, ball was in the air but his arms were down by his side, the striker nodded it past him. I've not seen anything yet to convince me he even knows where his goals are.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:57 am

I'll add to my previous post about this, he's not good enough. Mig is a far better keeper. The clearance against Sunderland...  wow. Kick it clear and concede a corner - now that takes some doing.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Lol yup that baffled me aswel. He did make few good stops to be fair.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:04 am

yeah he did, but then so did Mig and he got slated for the other bits. Is he an upgrade? So far this season I'm not convinced but as they say...  lets give the lad 3 years before we judge him ha ha
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:10 pm

I'm not convinced about him either, he doesn't have a commanding presence and his distribution is as bad as Mignolet.

BUT

De Gea was shyte in his first season, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:31 pm

Outside of the comical goalkick I thought he was good on the weekend. He made some key interventions and while his distribution isn't on the level of Reina's (whose is?), it's certainty better than Migs. That first time pass to Firmino was impressive. The fact he stands 10 yards further up the pitch than Migs when we are attacking and and pings 1st time passes back to the CBs when a ball comes over the top means that Matip and Lovern don't have to come into the first third to receive the ball, which means the midfielders don't have to drop off 10 yards to pick the ball off the CBs, etc. This all helps us pin teams into their own half.

Certainly a shaky start coming into the team after his hand injury but there have been subtle improvements in the last few games. Long may it continue.
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:52 pm

metalhead » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:10 pm wrote:I'm not convinced about him either, he doesn't have a commanding presence and his distribution is as bad as Mignolet.

BUT

De Gea was shyte in his first season, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait.

De Gea made some true howlers. Remember him bending down to pick up the ball and then pushing it into his own net on one occasion  :D

That said, I think Karius needs a season to prove himself. F**k knows we've given Migs enough time and - as the Leeds match proved - he'll never be good enough for a top side.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion