Henchoz signals reds exit

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:40 am

Liverpool's out-of-favour centre-back Stephane Henchoz has hit out at his treatment by Reds boss Rafa Benitez.

The 30-year-old Swiss international is set to leave Anfield once the transfer window opens, having made just four first-team appearances under Benitez this season.

"I am the king of the outlaws at Liverpool and my time is up at the club," Henchoz fumed.

"In my mind I have already left. As far as they are concerned, I no longer exist.

"At present I am not even in the squad for matches. Instead I habitually train with the other excluded players.

"If I now leave it will be as a free agent and Liverpool won't make a single penny from me.

"After what the manager has done to me, I'm not going to give him any presents. I need to find a challenge that excites me and a club that really clicks with me."

Southampton are believed to be keen on landing the former Blackburn Rovers stopper, along with his Reds team-mate, midfielder Igor Biscan.

Meanwhile, Henchoz's replacement, Jamie Carragher, has admitted that Chelsea's financial strength has denied his side of a title charge.

"Chelsea have shifted the goalposts and we cannot keep up with them in terms of finance," Carragher said.

"It is frightening. We are expected to win Premiership titles and then you come up against a team that is spending vast amounts of money."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:47 am

Doesn`t seem happy at all with the way he has been treated lately, does he ???

Sad considering him being a part of the best central defence duo in the premiership a couple of seasons ago.. But then again, with Carras performances lately who can blaim Benitez for not using other alternatives ???
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:54 am

Just shows how quickly a players carear can go down hill. :Oo:  :Oo:
SALTROCK67

Postby Djiin » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:10 pm

obvisiously he was not in Rafa's plan..life goes on. :down:
Djiin

Postby andy_g » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:01 pm

its a shame for him. obviously carra and sami are the no1 pair at CB these days, and henchoz, as a pro, could surely understand that. but not even making the bench - that must hurt.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:42 pm

i can understand him not making the bench as a centre-back rarely ever gets injured and that pretty much the only position he can play in, ah well.
coolsobs

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:19 pm

it is sad he played great for us, but i wish him all the best at his new club
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:38 pm

he has no pace anymore, Rafa tried him at right back and he was nowhere near his marker because he just couldn't catch them.  Sorry, but if you've got no pace, you're no good for the Premership.

Thanks for the good times, good luck Stephane!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:49 pm

Very strong words indeed.

There has obvioulsy been some very strong words behind the scenes this season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:24 pm

very strong words indeed JBG after I read this

Liverpool's Henchoz slams Benitez: Treated like lowest a***hole on earth
tribalfootball.com - December 31, 2004

Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz has slammed his manager, Rafa Benitez.

Henchoz, 30, now linked with a move to struggling Southampton, said: "I am the king of the outlaws at Liverpool and my time is up at the club. But in my mind I have already left. As far as they are concerned, I no longer exist.

"There is a minimum level of respect that they should show me but, ever since Rafael Benitez arrived, he has treated me like the lowest a***hole on earth. And I will never forgive him for that.

"At present I am not even in the squad for matches. Instead I habitually train with the other excluded players.

"If I now leave it will be as a free agent and Liverpool won't make a single penny from me. After what the manager has done to me, I'm not going to give him any presents.

"I need to find a challenge that excites me and a club that really clicks with me."
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:25 pm

I respect Henchoz for what he has done for the club but he knows better than that, disrespecting the manager like that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:29 pm

seems immature to say it outright like that to a news media brodcaster.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:50 am

i guess this was said on the spur of the moment. He will regret what he said in a few days time. But have to say, am sad to see him go. He has more pace than hyppia and for me carra & henchoz should have been 1st choice from the start of the season.

My opinion only........ no flaming pls.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:51 am

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=Post;CODE=02;f=1;t=8055

'Outlaw' Henchoz slams Benitez

LIVERPOOL (AFP) - Swiss international defender Stephane Henchoz is set to leave English Premiership giants Liverpool and he admitted on Friday that he couldn't leave fast enough.
The 30-year-old slammed Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez for leaving him out in the cold since he took over from Gerard Houllier last summer having made just four appearances, three in the League Cup and one in the Champions League.

"I am the king of the outlaws at Liverpool and my time is up at the club," said Henchoz, whose contract runs out in the summer.

"As far as they are concerned, I no longer exist.

"If I now leave it will be as a free agent and Liverpool won't make a single penny from me."

"After what the manager has done to me, I'm not going to give him any presents."

The Swiss centre-back says he has been made to train with the other out of favour players and could be on his way to relegation candidates Southampton.

"I need to find a challenge that excites me and a club that really clicks with me," he said.

"I could still stay in England. There are already two or three possibilities and things are beginning to get moving."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:22 pm

We shouldn't be too surprised Rafa does that to players he doesn't like he did it to Killy gonazles after signing him in the summer i think it was 2001. He forced him out in january and moved to Inter in january and it might of bein the same thing which happened to Owen.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion