Benitez praises players following cup exit

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:21 pm

Yes thats right, give the players a pat on the back for going down to a lower league club.Crappy Praise
Doeboy

Postby Alfonso Alonso 69 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:25 pm

Now he's getting gerrard Houllier disease.
Alfonso Alonso 69

Postby DZed » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:40 pm

How the :censored: can he brush aside a terrible result such as this. Is the :censored: goalkeeper being too good always gonna be his :censored: excuse. If so, we're definitely fu<ked!
DZed

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:53 am

Why do you people never appear after a win?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:05 am

frustrated fans always reply to whats happening as i do.
thats why they appear.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:08 am

Red wrote:frustrated fans always reply to whats happening as i do.
thats why they appear.

Ok, but it seems a little strange that they only ever come on here to b*tch. Never to praise.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:48 am

Easy, Lando.

There has been nothing much to say lately, except that I really hate the way Liverpool are playing since the start of the competitive English season, the European games were different. That is why I have not been posting a lot lately.

What is wrong...Crouch looks woefully short on confidence and we did invite them to come at us. Heck, we have been inviting plenty of teams to come at us, while we just sit back and hope to catch them on the counter attack. We even play like this at home!

The thing is, I really like Benitez who is an epitomy of hard work without creating any fuss. He has shown his intelligence when it come to tactical games but his present team is really short on the ability to cope with the rigours of the English game. It seems that we are getting worse and worse at this and there seems no silver lining to give us hope.

What's happening here? We have a manager who has proven his mettle but he strangely is on a very long learning curve of the English game and does not look like getting any better. It's not like Liverpool have not spent money, Benitez has so far been spending to get who he wants (mostly, only missed on Simao and Kuyt) but his ideas and shaping of the team is going nowhere, more going backwards. He is supposed to be more intelligent that this!

Let me tell you how frustrating it has been. Here in Asia, we stay up at 3:00 a.m. to catch the Palace came but only to see Liverpool put on such a display. The strikers have been pathetic and last night, the defence were caught napping and admiring the Palace players' efforts much too often.

4th place finish looks like a very distant target at this present moment. Even Spurs, with so many young players, play a much more creative game than we do. Sigh.... :(
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:40 am

Perhaps Rafa prefers to blast his players behind closed doors, rather than to the press. I hope their are some stern words behind closed doors anyway, cos the players certainly don't deserve too much praise after that result, nor the Fulham game.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:50 am

LFC #1 wrote:Perhaps Rafa prefers to blast his players behind closed doors, rather than to the press. I hope their are some stern words behind closed doors anyway, cos the players certainly don't deserve too much praise after that result, nor the Fulham game.

he blasted them on saturday.....you can't do it each time else it loses its' impact
Homebooby

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:36 am

We should trust the manager instead of losing our time in making useless comments.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:31 am

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:We should trust the manager instead of losing our time in making useless comments.

Well said.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:17 pm

I agree.Definitely,there'll be some stern words behind the close door.Look what happened today ?? All the players played with their might.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion