Baros brushes off exit rumours

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jeffiroquai » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:48 pm

He doesn't exactly have competition up front in the Czech Republic, who would take his place if he didn't play regular footie?

I agree completely!

Toss him in a package for Millito.  He can get his top flight first team spin over in spain.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:58 pm

jeffiroquai wrote:
He doesn't exactly have competition up front in the Czech Republic, who would take his place if he didn't play regular footie?

I agree completely!

he'll have plenty of competition if he is sat on the bench or playing in the reserves-believe me,and he knows it !
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:19 pm

the problem with that mentality, is even when he IS playing, if he doesnt score for 5 games, he can go to the czech squad, bag a couple, win the game, then go back to Liverpool and do nothing. The coach knows if he is playing :censored: he will still play well. I think the only way he would not get called up, is if he was injured.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby 65-1114725958 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:20 pm

he's worth 8m easy.
and we'll throw in le tallec for free too!

:D
65-1114725958

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:23 pm

pretty sure we could get 1 mil for Le Tellac from some rubbish club. (west ham  :D  )
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:26 pm

Baros will not go imo. The only clubs interested in him are sh1t ones who aren't in europe. Baros wont want to leave for clubs like these (villa and west ham) and they wot be able to afford the cash lfc want for him
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby philchampionsl2005 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:40 pm

I think we may see baros stay now, he obviously dosn't want to leave and i think rafa didn't use because he thought he may have had to sell him to get crouch.
If baros stays we have yet another dimension through our strikers but he has got to improve in front of goal, pre-season has showed us this. Would be nice to see him stay and play alongside crouch this sat vs olympicoas to see how they play together before trying to offload hi :)  :)  :)
philchampionsl2005

Postby DrTNT » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:56 pm

I believe if we sell him then we should at the very least recieve £7.5 million but I would like to remind everyone that Baros plays some of his best football playing off a tall striker like in the Czech national team with Koller. I think that if we keep him he may play well with Crouch. I just want to know that all of you think of my last point?  :idea
DrTNT

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:58 pm

Remeber he is only 23 so we shud get more money for this.He still has his best years ahead of him. . . . . 6 or 7 million we should be lookin for
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:03 am

DrTNT wrote:I believe if we sell him then we should at the very least recieve £7.5 million but I would like to remind everyone that Baros plays some of his best football playing off a tall striker like in the Czech national team with Koller. I think that if we keep him he may play well with Crouch. I just want to know that all of you think of my last point?  :idea

that would mean not playing cisse, and that scares me  :p

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby DrTNT » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:25 am

mikopool wrote:
DrTNT wrote:I believe if we sell him then we should at the very least recieve £7.5 million but I would like to remind everyone that Baros plays some of his best football playing off a tall striker like in the Czech national team with Koller. I think that if we keep him he may play well with Crouch. I just want to know that all of you think of my last point?  :idea

that would mean not playing cisse, and that scares me  :p

Look we could play upwards of 70 matches this season if we get far in all the cups and using Baros with Crouch will allow us to save Cisse for important matches and not waste him in matches against teams like West Ham. I do not mean we should forget about Cisse and I am sorry if it sounded like that because I am a big fan of Cisse. I was just saying Baros could play well with Crouch.
DrTNT

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:59 am

villa was going to bid something like 5.5 million for him (i think or west ham) I think we would get better value for him in a package deal for someone like milito. I think rafa is running out of patience with Baros, with his whinning and boldness of his supposed skills which doesnt seem to show in most games. I say put the price at 7 mill and see what happens.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:46 am

i think he's staying for this season as he refused to go anywhere when obviously Rafa is trying to sell him if the offer comes right.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:24 am

Im not to bothered how much we get for him because right now West Ham are the only team showing any interest.
Hes not going to join West Ham surely? I think he will try to sit on his contract and leave on a free bee.
He has also knocked Lyon back ,surely there arent gonna be any bigger clubs in for him not even at 5m pounds.

Mind you we bought Crouch for 7M:D
66-1112520797

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:32 am

If I were Rafa, I would definately keep him. He's still relatively young at an age of 23 and still has bags of potential. Though in numerous matches he does seem like a headless chicken, I still believe this habit could be changed. In regards of his striking ability, no doubt he does have it (because after all he's a striker) and many times he was perhaps nervous in front of goal. Looking at our current crop of strikers, Cisse, Morientes, Baros, Crouch, Sinama Pongolle, Mellor, I would very much keep Baros if no one comes in with the right price, and rather offload Mellor. Even just considering the strikers' poor performance recently, we could safely say Baros is easily comparable with Cisse and Morientes. Only should we offload Baros if someone comes in with 10 million+ in my opinion.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion